Photo

Violation + LoggerHead = missing combat log?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Caryna

Caryna

is awesome

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

A friend of mine and myself (we usually do the WWS'ing of our raids) recently started to to "lose" combat logs or parts of it. We couldn't figure out what went wrong until last night in Karazhan.

Apparently Violation now has an option to turn combat logging on and off in various situations. One of them is "Any PvE instance". By the looks of it it will actually turn it off all the time if it's not checked. And this seems to interfere with LoggerHead.

For obvious reasons I don't want/need logs from normal instances or heroics, hence my LoggerHead is configured to only activate logging in "real" raid instances.

So I guess what happened is this: when we entered Karazhan, LoggerHead activated logging, but at the same time Violation turned it off again because "Any PvE instance" wasn't checked. But LoggerHead didn't notice that some other addon has switched it off and was still happily displaying it's green flag.

Now my question is: has anyone else encountered such a problem recently? If yes, have you found a solution for it? Or is there something else fishy?
[10:05:49] <Nat> how do u know if a unicorn is a virgin?

#2 Caryna

Caryna

is awesome

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:49 PM

To answer my own question: I have now tracked it down to the optional addon called Violation_CombatLogRange. Commenting out it's combat log writing toggle function should stop it from interfering with LoggerHead.
[10:05:49] <Nat> how do u know if a unicorn is a virgin?

#3 Ente1369

Ente1369

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for the research. I can confirm this behavior. With Loggerhead and Violation (/w all modules) active, combat logging is erratic in instances which are activated in Loggerhead.

I've been turning off Loggerhead and letting the Violation combatlog module handle the log activation up until now. :-/

#4 chrull

chrull

弾幕

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

I noticed this aswell, thankfully someone else logged the run so my 3 lines of combatlog didn't ruin our WWS. Since I never actually used Violation, I just never deactivated it from Tapestry UI I decided to do just that when I noticed this.

Is there a good reason why I should use Violation instead of Recount?

#5 Freddie

Freddie

Not quite a walrus

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:34 AM

I'd say give Assessment a try, there's a thread here about it. Recount is amazingly spammy over the addon channel, and it actually seemed to get less accurate as more people installed it, and there's no option to disable sync :o

(Blackpatch) interesting
(Blackpatch) the theoretical weekly profit of hypersynaptic fibers in ISK is only 0.004% off of the speed of light in meters per second

(@ZYla) dammit steam
(@ZYla) i already own all these gays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users