• Please log in to reply
700 replies to this topic

#1 Nite_Moogle

Nite_Moogle

I prefer the term treasure hunting

• Allied Members
  • 11,288 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

The change to Daze in regards to how it treats defense is still in the patch notes despite a CM post last week that said it was pulled never to return. Hopefully it's the notes that are wrong and it really was pulled from this build, or positioning is going to suck real bad.

Eh, my nostalgia goggles aren't as good as they used to be.

#2 Harmonics

Harmonics

Bartlett Pears. Sliced. In Heavy Syrup.

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

One of the MvP's bumped the blue post about the defense/daze thing not going in here - WoW general forums

Probably Blizzard just forgot to change the patch notes.

Edit: Jesus Christ that thread is inane.

You can't call a planet Bob!

You were missing the () at the end of Feral Charge (Bear), this is necessary otherwise WoW thinks you're trying to cast Feral Charge Rank Bear.

#3 Jitka

Jitka

Bless me, Father. I ate a lizard.

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

The change to Daze in regards to how it treats defense is still in the patch notes despite a CM post last week that said it was pulled never to return. Hopefully it's the notes that are wrong and it really was pulled from this build, or positioning is going to suck real bad.

Ignore the patch notes, they're quite incorrect. They also list BoSac as having a 1 minute cooldown, even though it was changed to 30 seconds about a month or so ago on the PTR.

#4 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

My first thought was "wtf, this thread is thin," however, I'm sure we'll see some other fun undocumented changes when we get more people playing. :)

Give it a chance to breathe.

#5 Rob

Rob

Paid $25 To Raid

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

The reduction of the chance for mace spec to proc wasn't mentioned in the notes. (Not sure if it made it to Live, or if it was hotfixed.)

#6 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

The reduction of the chance for mace spec to proc wasn't mentioned in the notes. (Not sure if it made it to Live, or if it was hotfixed.)

Kalgan said that's part of the class changes stated for 2.3

#7 PSGarak

PSGarak

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

I'm seeing a trend of the official release patch notes being the same as either the original PTR test notes, or the notes from the latest PTR build, which they stopped updating at least a month ago. Anything that's been changed or reverted since then likely isn't in the official catalogue.

#8 Copernicus

Copernicus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

How about documented features that are unknown at this time? Such as-

* Hyjal trash's loot, and if ghouls can eat corpses that carry loot.

* Changes to High Astromancer Solarian.

* Changes to Kael (phase one at least).

* Arena calculations change.

* How do the loot tables work with SSC/TK bosses all dropping three items each?

* How was the trash changed in SSC/TK (specifically how deadly is the Acid Spray, Virulent Poison, Arcane Flurry, and Frost Attack)?

#9 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

*LMFAO*

Apparently Scarab Lords turn into giant bugs when they mount on their Legendary mounts, and can fly around a bit. :)

Always wondered why it gave free 225 flying skill.

Just so nobody thinks I was fibbing earlier. This is a short video of the bugged [Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal] my guildmate experienced. =o

bugmount.wmv - FileFront.com

10MB

#10 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

Any proof of that claim?

#11 Flavahbeast

Flavahbeast

im chocula

• Moderators
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:08 PM

*LMFAO*

Apparently Scarab Lords turn into giant bugs when they mount on their Legendary mounts, and can fly around a bit. :)

Always wondered why it gave free 225 flying skill.

That's awesome

wonder if they remembered to flag it not to work in arena

#12 Antoine

Antoine

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

Despite being on one of the servers that was supposed to have VC activated, I can't find anything concerning it in any of the options menus.

#13 Natural

Natural

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Any proof of that claim?

I second that request. For...no... obvious reason.

Of note -- the Daze mechanic change is not listed in the patch notes posted by Nethaera in the General Forums sticky. Of course, based on historical lessons taught by Blizzard revision control, it needs to be verified on the live servers.

#14 Kazanir

Kazanir

Mr. Sandman

•  Patrons
  • 6,379 posts

Rogues' ability to stealth farm chests in the Mechanar has been nerfed by changing the positions of the chests and an apparent alteration to the mechanics of Vanish.
'War' is too small a word for what I'm fighting. Like a candle in front of the whole burning Sun. Now, I am not going to die today. I have other projects, and other options.

You can come with me. I can protect you.

#15 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

My guildmate who has the title ninja logged, but we have a 2nd one on the server, I'll see if I can get him to pose.

#16 Natural

Natural

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

That's awesome

wonder if they remembered to flag it not to work in arena

Assuming it's real (which I doubt) I would be disappointed if it didn't work in arena/bg. Besides the trip from the mage tower to the mailbox in Orgrimmar, I hardly use it anymore.

#17 Kurisu

Kurisu

So damned Devious

•  Patrons
  • 9,966 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

Spectral Tiger mounts look more like their card now. Image included.

Attached Files

#18 Flavahbeast

Flavahbeast

im chocula

• Moderators
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

Assuming it's real (which I doubt) I would be disappointed if it didn't work in arena/bg. Besides the trip from the mage tower to the mailbox in Orgrimmar, I hardly use it anymore.

Well I'd be even more surprised if they made it not work at all in those, but what I mean is it would be funny if it allowed players to fly around in pvp instances

Oh no we losing fly away and hide gurg

#19 Acustar

Acustar

Soda Popinski

• Allied Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

He probably meant the part about it being able to fly.

[E] To slow :(

Addons aren't a crutch, they're tools to be abused by skilled players to increase performance. Like a carpenter using a hammer, a fisherman using a lure, or Xi using curse words.

#20 Jamiel

Jamiel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

Night Elf shoulders are definitely bigger. Season 2 shoulders look pretty menacing. I'm happy with the change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users