• Please log in to reply
700 replies to this topic

#41 Apate

Apate

Mike Tyson

• Members
  • 18,079 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I'm not getting any tooltips for equipped items on my character panel. I need to disable all mods and verify that, but guildmates were seeing the same thing.

It may just be your cache, in which case it could magically go away when the servers "get right." It could be the addons noted above, also.

Nurru: what's the item-linking mojo? Teach a man to fish, and all...

Item linking: [ item] name [ /item] without the excess spaces.

Anyone have a still pic of the WF animation? No youtube or photobucket for me here.
See you, auntie.

#42 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

It may just be your cache, in which case it could magically go away when the servers "get right."

Item linking: [ item] name [ /item] without the excess spaces.

Anyone have a still pic of the WF animation? No youtube or photobucket for me here.

Its a black cyclone from War3.

#43 Jebraltar

Jebraltar

King Hippo

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

Hm, I just got an "Sale Pending" mail from some gems I just put up. Looks like you don't get cash from your successful auctions now until an hour after the sale happens? How did that not make it in the patch notes?

Nurru: what's the item-linking mojo? Teach a man to fish, and all...

If this affects the items you purchase as well, this is going to be really frustrating when I'm trying to gem stuff up after raids. I need to have 3 Stars of Elune in my bank at all times if I don't want to wait, I guess?

#44 Russta

Russta

King Hippo

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

I just came down to pick up the KoT Exalted Tabard only to find it's not on the vendor, strolled into Hyjal for no particular reason and discovered Design: Rigid Lionseye (+10 Hit) sitting on Indormi. Needs revered rep.

#45 Natural

Natural

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

I just came down to pick up the KoT Exalted Tabard only to find it's not on the vendor, strolled into Hyjal for no particular reason and discovered Design: Rigid Lionseye (+10 Hit) sitting on Indormi. Needs revered rep.

Very nice. I'm glad they did this. I'm hoping for a Steady Seaspray Emerald as well before Season 3.

#46 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

If this affects the items you purchase as well, this is going to be really frustrating when I'm trying to gem stuff up after raids. I need to have 3 Stars of Elune in my bank at all times if I don't want to wait, I guess?

It's only the money. Apparently gold sellers have been distributing gold by having the buyer list an auction for the amount of gold they want to buy.

#47 JulianMaiev

JulianMaiev

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

It's itemrack.

This might be too far OT, but any suggestions for an alternate mod? That's pretty essential functionality and there doesn't appear to be an update for Itemrack yet.

#48 Jameson

Jameson

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

This might be too far OT, but any suggestions for an alternate mod? That's pretty essential functionality and there doesn't appear to be an update for Itemrack yet.

I still use Outfitter, but I don't believe it's been updated for a while. You could give it a shot.

edit: I can't confirm it works with today's patch.

#49 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

HELL YEAH!

The sound you hear is the sound of lionseyes being consumed en masse as rogues regem.

#50 diadren

diadren

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

I'm 99.9% sure it didn't happen, but I'm stuck in my cube for 4 more hours and I can hold out hope for a brighter future .... did they change mount prices?

#51 Malakitoo

Malakitoo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

I'm not getting any tooltips for equipped items on my character panel. I need to disable all mods and verify that, but guildmates were seeing the same thing.

Itemrack broke my character sheet, not sure if that's your problem.

Whoa, sorry lots of posts came in quickly there. Outfitter seems to work as an alternative since Itemrack isn't maintained anymore.

#52 nfw

nfw

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

You cannot fly into water on flying mounts any more.

#53 Cos-

Cos-

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

HELL YEAH!

The sound you hear is the sound of lionseyes being consumed en masse as rogues regem.

Right after the sound of most rogues crying about the changes to the RED meta gem.

#54 Camora

Camora

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

Biggest news yet! Disenchant has a new Icon.

#55 Stormshot

Stormshot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

Hm, I just got an "Sale Pending" mail from some gems I just put up. Looks like you don't get cash from your successful auctions now until an hour after the sale happens? How did that not make it in the patch notes?

This change was likely due to gold sellers using the Auction House as a means to get around the one hour limitation (which Blizzard put in to check if such transictions are legit) for transfering gold between charecters. And yeah, it is an inconvience. Espically if you're trying to transfer something from one faction to the other.

#56 Trazhenko

Trazhenko

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

I've been using ClosetGnome for a while now (mostly because I had some old broken version of itemrack, and ClosetGnome was smiling at me from the list of mods in the WoWAce Updater).

It doesn't have the cool little trinket menu, and the set creation process is not as slick (imo), but if you just want to create sets and switch gear it works fine. It also has plenty of options for events and binding keys to sets and whatnot (though I don't really use those features beyond the mount set for ).

Be careful what modules you download with it though. There's one called "Oh noes" or something that un-equips your weapons when your health dips low. You'll probably want that disabled.

#57 Pyre

Pyre

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

This change was likely due to gold sellers using the Auction House as a means to get around the one hour limitation (which Blizzard put in to check if such transictions are legit) for transfering gold between charecters. And yeah, it is an inconvience. Espically if you're trying to transfer something from one faction to the other.

Is the item also held up, or just the cash?

#58 Stormshot

Stormshot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

According to Shalas (who beat me to it), it's only the cash. I haven't loged in yet so I was only speaking to why the change was made in the first place.

#59 Sapp

Sapp

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

It's only the money. Apparently gold sellers have been distributing gold by having the buyer list an auction for the amount of gold they want to buy.

From what I hear from those who have used it recently, they mostly just deliver it in person. Guy from the site makes level 1 alt to audit the transaction, guy delivering makes level 1 alt that gets the gold transferred to it by some other method.

If the sale fails the only person who's screwed is the luckless outside contractor who farmed or gathered the gold. The site pays the farmers after the fact so even if the sale fails they don't lose money.

#60 Guest_Aciara_*

Guest_Aciara_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:18 PM

this information is already in the thread..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users