100 replies to this topic

#1 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

Okay it's finally here :)

After installing Demon you will notice a few changes from the original pDebuffList, mainly it's new FuBar icon.

You can now add/remove and show/hide the count on the fly, giving much more control over different raid situations, especially when things like Curse of Tongues is needed for instance. The adding function will do a check to make sure the debuff you enter is actually an ingame spell (mostly implemented for typo catching).

There is also a semi-smart name shortening, typically 4 letters long or abbreviated, for example:
- Curse of the Elements = CoE
- Corruption = Corr

I have also added the ability to change the look (color/alpha) of the frame and border so it is better suited to personal taste. I think it looks better when changing the alpha so there is no border personally! (Please note that this is more of a novelty and I doubt I will expand on it ;))

Download Link: http://files.wowace....Demon/Demon.zip

Known Issues:

- Limited, hardcoded buff grouping. I'm still thinking how to do this well (if someone makes a patch I would be happy to implement it).
- Adding multiple debuffs with the same name causes an error when you try to remove it (just don't ;))
- Some debuffs beginning with 'M' seem to display weird on the list, I fixed Mangle, though.

Other:

- It's filesize has obviously increased due to FuBar plugins needed.
- It now starts with a D rather than a P, so although the core is only 15KB, it could get associated with other Ace2 addons you use if Demon is the first addon that uses the Ace2 framework in alphabetical order.

#2 Twid

Twid

WildStar Shill

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

I am at work, and as such can't install and test myself. Is there a feature that displays the number of stacks a certain debuff has? For example, as soon as the first Sunder Armor is applied, the old version would light up green. It would be helpful to have it only light up on 5 stacks, or have a numerical indicator.

Get you some purple drank and slow yo roll.

#3 TheSilverHand

TheSilverHand

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:39 PM

Is there a feature that displays the number of stacks a certain debuff has? For example, as soon as the first Sunder Armor is applied, the old version would light up green. It would be helpful to have it only light up on 5 stacks, or have a numerical indicator.

I think that's what he meant by "You can now add/remove and show/hide the count on the fly."

- Adding multiple debuffs with the same name causes an error when you try to remove it (just don't ;))

May I ask what would be the purpose of having multiple copies of the same debuff? I'm assuming here that you mean 100% of the name, ie, the "Curse of" in Curse of Elements won't conflict with the "Curse of" in "Curse of Shadows."

EDIT: [Mandatory "omg thx 4 writing thiss!" Praise] Being able to change the contents of the list is definitely going to entice me to use this more. It really stunk raiding in Kara, and having only one warlock, but two debuffs on the list. :(

#4 Guest_Amerle_*

Guest_Amerle_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:41 PM

Nevermind. The server crashed and when it came back up there were no more errors. I swear I didn't update anything.

#5 Guest_Abbi_*

Guest_Abbi_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:06 AM

I think that's what he meant by "You can now add/remove and show/hide the count on the fly."

That's the total debuff count, not the count for an individual debuff.

#6 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

May I ask what would be the purpose of having multiple copies of the same debuff? I'm assuming here that you mean 100% of the name, ie, the "Curse of" in Curse of Elements won't conflict with the "Curse of" in "Curse of Shadows."

No, that won't conflict. There is no reason to have multiple copies of the same debuff at all, which is why I haven't put any effort into that "bug".

I completely forgot about looking at stacked debuffs, I'm not really sure how to display it. If anything you would have just numbers replacing the red debuff on the list and even when the debuff reached the max of it's stack size (such as sunder armor) you aren't really able to find that out and display it as green.

I'll look into that ;)

#7 Grillkohle

Grillkohle

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:36 PM

Or you could make it show up as "SA - 3" for 3 stacks and so on.

#8 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

Or you could make it show up as "SA - 3" for 3 stacks and so on.

I could, I still need to think about frame width for that however. ;)

#9 Eph

Eph

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

Limited testing but its showing DS when CoW is on, instead of CoW in the DS slot at the top.

#10 kenderpl

kenderpl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

Could it be possible to put custom buffs in a position you want (I'd prefer to have mangle at the top instead of bottom)? Would be a nice feature :) TIA

#11 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

Could it be possible to put custom buffs in a position you want (I'd prefer to have mangle at the top instead of bottom)? Would be a nice feature :) TIA

Of course, delete them all and create your own list from scratch ;)

#12 Wodahs

Wodahs

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

Id like an option to use this when grouped in a group, not just a raid, and even when solo.

#13 Feist-Mok

Feist-Mok

Doesn't look like a Presbyterian.

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:36 PM

You can now add/remove and show/hide the count on the fly, giving much more control over different raid situations, especially when things like Curse of Tongues is needed for instance. The adding function will do a check to make sure the debuff you enter is actually an ingame spell (mostly implemented for typo catching).

Is there a slash command or something for this? Because there's no option for it on fubar

And the obvious of /demon does nothing.

#14 Howard Roark

Howard Roark

Banned

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:02 AM

Requesting a screenshot please

#15 vank

vank

Slumlord

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:05 AM

Is there a slash command or something for this? Because there's no option for it on fubar

I have Demon on my FuBar. Might want to look for it. I didn't download any external 'DemonFu' or anything like that. It was just pre-packaged.

#16 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:53 AM

Can you please enable Lua errors in the interface options and give me the error you are thrown. I have tested this addon with a clean install and have not had any errors.

#17 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

Limited testing but its showing DS when CoW is on, instead of CoW in the DS slot at the top.

Ok, this should be fixed now, however I haven't been able to test.

Id like an option to use this when grouped in a group, not just a raid, and even when solo.

Added, please update and you should find a new menu called Visibility, enjoy!

#18 Feist-Mok

Feist-Mok

Doesn't look like a Presbyterian.

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:21 AM

Can you please enable Lua errors in the interface options and give me the error you are thrown. I have tested this addon with a clean install and have not had any errors.

Wierdly, the new update works.

#19 Anyakfe

Anyakfe

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

Hello,

I really appreciate the "black" window which contains the important debuff list, and the debuff # on the target, but I would like to hide the buff/debuff list of my character this addon includes.
I know I can do I unchecking "Enabled" on the config frame, but I get ElkBuffBars buff frame PLUS the original wow buff frame.
I don't understand why disabling the Demon/pDebuffList buff frame re-enable the wowbuff frame.
The workaround I found is to remove one by one the buff from the Demon buff frame :/

(sorry for my bad english language ;))

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:49 AM

I can't explain that.

The Demon frame is not connected to the default buff frame at all, my best guess is that you have an addon conflicting with it. Demon has not been translated for your locale either so I would say that it isn't 100% compatible right now.

I have used Demon with no addons (just Demon installed) and use Demon in my raiding setup too, where I use ElkBuffBars myself.

If you would like to do some localization for the French region, please PM me and I can send you some texts to translate.

Finally, does anyone else have this problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users