• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 Cormack

Cormack

Tick tick tick

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

With a fresh install I receive the following error any time I target a mob, whether in solo, party, or raid:

Interface\Addons\Demon\core.lua:488: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

I can move the demon frame and button, and change options, but no debuffs seem to register on a mob I'm targetting.

#42 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

With a fresh install I receive the following error any time I target a mob, whether in solo, party, or raid:

Interface\Addons\Demon\core.lua:488: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

I can move the demon frame and button, and change options, but no debuffs seem to register on a mob I'm targetting.

I've just done a fresh install with no problems (in case something broke). Can I suggest that you go into WTF/Account/Login/SavedVariables and delete both Demon.lua and Demon.bak?

If you don't feel safe deleting those try creating selecting a different profile via the button.

#43 Guest_Alacrity_*

Guest_Alacrity_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:52 AM

Can you add a way to scale this addon down? It is abnormally large on UI scale 1.

If there is a way to resize it then can you please inform me how.

#44 Lambach

Lambach

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:12 AM

I love what this mod does....and have been so frustrated at my inability to use it. For some reason I cant figure out hwo to move it. It sits in the middle of my screen. Ive gone over the options in set up over and over, and I cant find anything useful. Perhaps I dl'd a messed up version, ive tried to installs of it now. Can anyone guide me in teh right direction please?

#45 Valoran

Valoran

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:52 AM

I love what this mod does....and have been so frustrated at my inability to use it. For some reason I cant figure out hwo to move it. It sits in the middle of my screen. Ive gone over the options in set up over and over, and I cant find anything useful. Perhaps I dl'd a messed up version, ive tried to installs of it now. Can anyone guide me in teh right direction please?

Alt + left or right click to drag.

#46 Lambach

Lambach

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

You just made my day. Thank you so much. I really had thought I tried everything. Right click still doenst work for me for some reason. But alt - click did the job.

#47 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

I was trying to get Demon to display Mangle debuffs for times when my druid alt is in a group with both a cat and a bear, so that I'm not trying to Mangle when its already up. However when I attempted to add Mangle (Cat) and Mangle (Bear), the addon spit back that it was unable to validate the spells. Any insight on this?

#48 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

It possibly checks against babble-spells and can't find mangle in it? Just a guess into the blue.
How to get an Android Authenticator on your PC. (updated feb'11)

http://goo.gl/fackr

#49 Feist-Mok

Feist-Mok

Doesn't look like a Presbyterian.

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

I was trying to get Demon to display Mangle debuffs for times when my druid alt is in a group with both a cat and a bear, so that I'm not trying to Mangle when its already up. However when I attempted to add Mangle (Cat) and Mangle (Bear), the addon spit back that it was unable to validate the spells. Any insight on this?

I think just putting in "Mangle" without specifying is all you need to do. Don't think it distinguishes.

#50 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

I think just putting in "Mangle" without specifying is all you need to do. Don't think it distinguishes.

Just put Mangle into it yes, if Mangle (Bear) is up I believe it shows up as 'MB' in green and 'MC' for Cat. For Faerie Fire also, just add Faerie Fire and if Faerie Fire (Feral) is up it will display FFF.

#51 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

Interesting, I thought I tried it as just mangle first, got the error and then tried it as Mangle (Bear). I'll give it another shot.

#52 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

Interesting, I thought I tried it as just mangle first, got the error and then tried it as Mangle (Bear). I'll give it another shot.

Just remember that as it's checking against Babble-Spell for a reverse lookup (validation) it is most likely case sensitive.

#53 vank

vank

Slumlord

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

I am also interested in learning how to resize this mod. Does anyone know how to change the size/scale?

#54 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

I'll add a scaling option soon, for now, if you wanted too scale it in the meantime open the core.lua and at the end put something like DemonFrame:SetScale(0.8) on a new line. This will scale the addon to 80% of it's original size.

#55 Sarkan-ZdC

Sarkan-ZdC

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hey, I downloaded it, installed it and tried it (sort of). I had no time to try the customization part with the fu-bar.

But just a question for that, is it possible to sort something like this:

1 Row for Damage Amp / 1 Row for Damage Reduce

FF / CoW
SA / TK
CoR / DS

So you can see in 2 rows if your're missing damage or if youre tanks are getting more damage then they could?

#56 Tallage

Tallage

Yattaa!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

It cannot - and it won't be added.

Why not just simply do:

FF
SA
CoR
CoW
TK
DS

That way the top half is for damage amplifiers and the bottom half is for damage reduction?

I understand what you are saying with 2 columns, but is it really that hard to realise that one item on the list is red and read which debuff it corresponds too? ;)

#57 Sarkan-ZdC

Sarkan-ZdC

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

Well, I'm MT and RaidLeader.

So my aim would be to see a lot of buffs/debuffs going on. For tanking damage reduction alone is:

Thunderclap
Demo Shout / Demo Roar
Curse of Weakness
Skorbit Sting
Insekt Swarm

And personally those would be the ones that I always like to know if they are on.

But as a Raid Leader I should also look on the Damage Increase

SA
FF
HM
CoR
CoE
CoS
and so on

And you see, my list would be quite long.

Just for picking up within 1 Sek I would like to see if some Damage Reduction is missing or a Damage Amplifier. Cause I Damge Reduction is for me a lot worse than if a mob is missing Hunter's Mark for instance *g*

Maybe I'll use De-Buff Filter for Damage Reduction and Demon then just for Amplifiers..

Thanks anyhow for your answer.

#58 Gearknight

Gearknight

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

For the sunder display which was talked about earlier in this thread, would the following be possible?

0 sunders: red 'SA'
1 sunder: yellow '1SA'
2 sunders: yellow '2SA'
3 sunders: yellow '3SA'
4 sunders: yellow '4SA'
5 sunders: green '5SA'

That's still just 3 characters, to fit in the frame, contains more info, and the coloring allows for at-a-glance monitoring.

#59 Modhne

Modhne

Von Kaiser

• Guild Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:48 PM

Why don't you make the list itself an object and let people create multiple lists? Like ElkBuffBars where you can set up your own specific lists to follow your focus, target, or yourself. That way people can create their own lists and even have multiple bars positioned near different unit frames.

#60 Tylerlee

Tylerlee

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

Hey there, just downloaded this mod and cleans up my ui pretty nicely, one thing i would like tho, is information. Right not it sits vertical, my Target bar is Horizontal, is there anyway to flip the Add-on 90 degrees and have it read Horizontally?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users