• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#1 funkydude

funkydude

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

Hey folks, simple question. Has anyone experienced their berserk timer? If so, can you confirm how long it is?
Author of BadBoy, BigWigs, and more...

#2 Kaethion

Kaethion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

I believe it is 15 minutes.
Not experienced it though, so cannot say for sure, but it is longer than 10 minutes.

#3 Buiden

Buiden

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

Haven't seen it myself, but 15 minutes has been thrown around a few times lately. The longest I've seen was 13 minutes or so.

I believe Quigon said he had seen it so I'd just ask him.

#4 Russta

Russta

King Hippo

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:11 AM

Quigon mentioned in another thread it's 15 minutes, it's definitly no longer than 10.

As a side note, is there some sort of game you could add to the boss mod to try and curb the boredom? A song? An alarm to wake people up?

#5 Theo

Theo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:14 AM

We hit it a few raids back with all the melee dead at 5% or something. It's 15 minutes just your normal grow big 1 shot people berserk.

#6 funkydude

funkydude

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:52 AM

Thanks folks!

As a side note, is there some sort of game you could add to the boss mod to try and curb the boredom? A song? An alarm to wake people up?

Reminds me of those in-game poker days...
Author of BadBoy, BigWigs, and more...

#7 Hate Monkey

Hate Monkey

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:27 AM

Reminds me of those in-game poker days...

That mod is still around, just haven't tried to use it post 2.2 yet, so dunno what broke yet. But it still remains around!

edit: Just tested it, and it still works.

#8 Sunchips

Sunchips

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:43 AM

There's an in-game chess mod that's become pretty big in my guild.

#9 Metrosexuelf

Metrosexuelf

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:43 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if it was longer than 15 minutes... seems like it takes forever.

#10 world

world

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:48 AM

On a slightly related note, is there anything that can be done about the Rogue getting blessing of protection just as he comes out of vanish, and running around and killing a bunch of people before it wears off? Everything in the encounter seems to be controllable except for that. =/

#11 Falk

Falk

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:02 AM

Happened to me the one time I've been there. I was kinda expecting it to happen, though, so I waited till he was right on top of the healer who had aggro (across the room - you can control where he appears by dragging him somewhere before he vanishes - he appears in that vicinity) taunting, then AE taunting, then taunting again, by which time the BoP had worn off.

It'd probably be slightly easier with Mocking Blow (does it work on physical immune targets?) and Intervene to help out, but the significant thing for me was the additional run time he had when he came out.

An idea off the top of my head I wanted to suggest for that exact situation would be to save misdirect and Arcane Shot for it, but at the moment I have no idea how succesful it would be.

#12 Lodekim

Lodekim

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:16 AM

Mocking Blow won't work on Physical Immune.

You can pally stun the rogue, which is a magical effect not physical, should give you some time.

#13 Jebraltar

Jebraltar

King Hippo

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:19 AM

Obviously probably not an option for most guilds, but I imagine that a pally tank would work pretty well for picking the Rogue up in that situation.

#14 Seife

Seife

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:41 AM

When Veras gains BoP, just call out for a counter-BoP on Veras' target. Astonishingly Hammer of Justice indeed works on him (Loading...).

In case you are using a druid to tank him, you can also go crazy by spamming moonfire (that might not help much but at least you are really trying ;))

Nevertheless this incident may kill a healer but you should be able to recover from it if you were in control before.

#15 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

World first Illdari Berserk timer. Can we get a jutsu list or something?

#16 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:34 AM

Like i mentioned in another thread before, its 15 minutes. We had the council enrage on a try with 3-4 dps down around the time the raid leader called out blessings to be rebuffed soon -> ~15 minutes for the old greater blessings.
How to get an Android Authenticator on your PC. (updated feb'11)

http://goo.gl/fackr

#17 Renew

Renew

Team Healbot

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:09 AM

I usually taunt the rogue off of someone (or hammer him) if our druid is not able to grab him due to bop.
Confidence is not Arrogance.

#18 Llewelyn

Llewelyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:06 PM

I usually taunt the rogue off of someone (or hammer him) if our druid is not able to grab him due to bop.

I try to stun and taunt if it is melee immune. However a few weeks ago I was experiencing the problem that the mob was immune to my taunt when it had a melee BoP on it. Stun resist then taunt immune makes for at least one dead resto shaman unfortunately.

#19 Buiden

Buiden

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

On a slightly related note, is there anything that can be done about the Rogue getting blessing of protection just as he comes out of vanish, and running around and killing a bunch of people before it wears off? Everything in the encounter seems to be controllable except for that. =/

Misdirect Arcane shot + Serpent sting works for us.

#20 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

We use a feral tank who can shift out and moonfire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users