• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#21 Junpei

Junpei

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

Moonfire is about all you can do. You have to do enough to cover the global threat created when he comes back. It's very annoying : b

I use a spam macro for picking him up as soon as he spawns
/target Veras Darkshadow
/cast Faerie Fire (Feral)
/cast Feral Charge
/cast Maul

That usually picks him up pretty well, if he comes back with BoP you have to be super quick on shifting and starting the spam or you lose a healer : (

#22 Buiden

Buiden

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

Seriously though arcane shot isn't physical damage so just MD it onto the tank that way, it works great.

#23 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

Anyone else having the rogue instagib people randomly while invis?

#24 Ujay

Ujay

Trolls IRL

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

Never had an insta gib while invis, seen a mage get rocked by envenom after he re-appeared tho which was odd. He was poisond -envenomd back to back within 2 GCD, i thought it was strange just the way it happened

#25 Buiden

Buiden

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:50 PM

Anyone else having the rogue instagib people randomly while invis?

Yes, it is the wonderful RSTS + Melee bug that Al'ar, Fathom Lord, Twin emps, and many other mobs/bosses have. In the split second he envenoms someone his swing timer can go off.

#26 Regen

Regen

King Hippo

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:47 AM

Wow not sure I've ever seen anyone get insta-gibbed during envenom, definitely a couple combo deaths involving envenom but I don't think its ever been the result of an actual melee hit.

As far as rogue tanking goes his de-stealth position is fairly easy to predict and usually if you are fast (or charge + mangle) before he actually starts moving (stands half-stealhed re-aquiring a fresh threat list) and land a few hits on him before BoP is ever cast on him.

In about a month of kills I think I have only had one extremely bad BoP (Parry + Dodge etc.--> BoP'd) where I called out the paladin he was running to who proceeded to bubble, taunted and got a Arcane shot misdirected.

#27 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:07 AM

We're talking a real instagib here, about 30k hits that happen on random targets. We get roughly 1 per fight on average. Which means some fights 3 people can die to it, and sometimes we'll go 2-3 weeks without seeing it happen at all.

#28 Ujay

Ujay

Trolls IRL

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:32 AM

We're talking a real instagib here, about 30k hits that happen on random targets. We get roughly 1 per fight on average. Which means some fights 3 people can die to it, and sometimes we'll go 2-3 weeks without seeing it happen at all.

hmm... cant say Ive never seen that, does the rogue insta gib then reappear or is it like a player just dies and the combat log shows it as the rogue?

#29 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:02 AM

He kills you while he is invisible. I'm amazed other guilds haven't seen this. It is completely unavoidable. It is merely a nuisance, not a big deal beyond that.

#30 Junpei

Junpei

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:26 AM

Nope, never seen that at all either.

It doesn't sound particularly fun either and if you see it that often I have to wonder if it's something you are doing that triggers it.

#31 Renew

Renew

Team Healbot

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:27 AM

I haven't seen it happen yet.
Confidence is not Arrogance.

#32 Karakas

Karakas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

I don't think we've ever seen that happen before.

Out of curiosity, do you guys do anything that might be considered "out of the norm" with regards to tanking the Rogue?

#33 Regen

Regen

King Hippo

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

I basically tank him on the left side of the room (assume facing council before pull).

Mage tank sort of divides the room in half (Generally no one one except my personal healer/mage healer is anywhere near me or the rogue on the left side of the room).

I'm not 100% sure how his de-stealth works but I can definitely tell you he spawns within a certain range of where he vanished, and definitely takes a few seconds to acquire a new threat list while he is still stealthed (but you can see him) before he goes to whoever is highest on this new threat list. (FF + Feral Charge + Maul/Mangle seems to work well)

============
Assuming this is all common practice anyway :/

#34 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:43 PM

Yes, but as Buiden and I are saying this has nothing to with him destealthing.

Yes, it is the wonderful RSTS + Melee bug that Al'ar, Fathom Lord, Twin emps, and many other mobs/bosses have. In the split second he envenoms someone his swing timer can go off.

#35 Monco

Monco

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

We hit the enrage timer this week, I didn't keep track but 15 minutes felt about right. One thing we had happen was multiple double envenoms, the first would go off and a second was applied almost immediately. That happened to me twice in the enrage pull but I survived both, but we had 2-3 dps die from it relatively early into the fight, which led up to hitting the enrage.

I don't recall the double envenom happening pre-2.2 but I can't say for sure that it didn't, I just happened to notice it this week. Has anyone else seen this?

#36 world

world

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

We've come across that instagib that Quigon mentions several times. Each time, the person has just randomly died - no "Veras Darkshadow (or whatever) hits you for 20k". Not even an "Unknown hits you for 20k". Just the guy randomly drops dead with no combat log message at all, then gets raged at on vent for 5 minutes for sitting in a blizzard, before we pull up a death report and it shows _nothing_.

Really quite gay in the grand scheme of things.

#37 Acustar

Acustar

Soda Popinski

• Allied Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:27 PM

We've come across that instagib that Quigon mentions several times. Each time, the person has just randomly died - no "Veras Darkshadow (or whatever) hits you for 20k". Not even an "Unknown hits you for 20k". Just the guy randomly drops dead with no combat log message at all, then gets raged at on vent for 5 minutes for sitting in a blizzard, before we pull up a death report and it shows _nothing_.

Really quite gay in the grand scheme of things.

Haven't done the council, but I've had this happen on Gruul before, a few months ago, I'd start running out of a cave in then just drop dead. None of the combat logs, swstats, eavesdrop etc. Nothing in there, I just died. I only ever noticed it when I would stand on a log, and I'd die jumping off the log to get out of the cave in. So I just assumed it was something to do with me being LOS of the cave in and just instagibbed me to prevent an exploit or something.

Addons aren't a crutch, they're tools to be abused by skilled players to increase performance. Like a carpenter using a hammer, a fisherman using a lure, or Xi using curse words.

#38 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:30 PM

Yeah the death will not show up in a recount. I'm sure a lot of guilds have had people die and blame it on blizzards, when in reality it is this bug.

#39 Ghando

Ghando

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

Never seen the bug, though Veras does have a nasty tendency to melee immediately after de-stealthing, usually going after a healer. I don't really see any way around it. Obviously we need a Paladin tank to Captain America his ass back in line.

#40 PsiVen

PsiVen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:52 AM

Steve Rogers would approve.

Out of curiousity, does Veras get BoSW as often as BoP? That could be just as annoying for a paladin as BoP.

[E] Got the chance to tank Veras some tonight, but Spell Warding didn't seem to make him immune to my taunts. Regardless, it was nothing a little couldn't fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users