• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#381 Putts

Putts

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have never had an issue with getting just inside the 41-yard range, getting BoP'ed, casting Fireball, blinking immediately up the stairs, and hitting Spellsteal, even after Zerevor started his erratic pull behavior. You can even get a Counterspell off on Lady Malande this way if you're quick about it.

#382 rayijin

rayijin

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

The last two kills, we've used a rogue to pull:

BoP + Cloak of skill the first fireball.

#383 clavarnway

clavarnway

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

We still use the Imp to pull, but we position it differently.

As you walk in on the room, we put the Imp on the far right. This means that the Mage runs away from the imp, and towards the Mage tank. Makes for very easy Spellstealing.
Posted Image

#384 Dollar

Dollar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:35 AM

We have the mage use invisibility to get behind them, he doesn't aggro them here. Then he starts winding up a spell and a paladin simultaneously runs in and bubbles. Worked like a charm today.
"Oh he's a sad little man? He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?"

#385 Toabo

Toabo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

I have never had an issue with getting just inside the 41-yard range, getting BoP'ed, casting Fireball, blinking immediately up the stairs, and hitting Spellsteal, even after Zerevor started his erratic pull behavior. You can even get a Counterspell off on Lady Malande this way if you're quick about it.

Switched to this method a couple weeks back and haven't had a bad pull since. I tweak it slightly by having my Paladin BoP me about ~1 second before my Pyroblast completes so that I have maximum BoP time after I Blink. In all the pulls I've used w/ this method, Zerevor has always run towards the back of the dais before he starts casting. (Sometimes to the left, sometimes to the right, but always towards the back of the room.) As such, I always have a decent time window to get into range and Spellsteal before he stops to cast.

In addition, this method eliminates the occasional LoS problems I used to have as a gnome. In the past, I'd eat Savory Deviate Delight, but with this method I don't even need that anymore.

#386 Cormack

Cormack

Tick tick tick

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

On an admittedly crappy attempt this evening, it seemed like there were continual small heals going through ticking up council's health. I don't see any additional healing effect in the combat log. Is this just some display issue?

Whatever hope of a normal life I once had has been forever desecrated by the miasma of Cormack's rotten soul.

#387 Ja7us

Ja7us

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

It's their HP-redistribution buff. It spreads damage around to the other adds, so Gathios the Shatterer's health will constantly be going up slightly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users