Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:32 AM

Indeed he does

#42 Renew

Renew

Team Healbot

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:03 AM

We hit the enrage timer this week, I didn't keep track but 15 minutes felt about right. One thing we had happen was multiple double envenoms, the first would go off and a second was applied almost immediately. That happened to me twice in the enrage pull but I survived both, but we had 2-3 dps die from it relatively early into the fight, which led up to hitting the enrage.

I don't recall the double envenom happening pre-2.2 but I can't say for sure that it didn't, I just happened to notice it this week. Has anyone else seen this?

Happened this week, I was raid healing and noticed it a few times. No one died from it, but it definitely means you need to keep people topped or people will go splat.
Confidence is not Arrogance.

#43 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:06 AM

I'm on raid-healing for Council and I've definitely never seen it. The only thing people ever die to is a Flamestrike right as Envenom ticks or the like.

#44 Furball

Furball

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

He tends to do that instant gib move on our hunter, and the fun part is that it's the same hunter every other week!

#45 Raiha

Raiha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

I was wondering how guilds that have beaten this encounter organised their healing. We had our first go at the Council yesterday and pretty much ran with the group we used on Shahraz, which had 9 healers. The last couple of pulls we had 3 raid healers, 3 healers on the Gathios tank and then one each for the remaining tanks.

I was assigned to heal the warrior tanking the priest but found that at least half the time I was able to help out on raid healing, is there anything specific that should be set up in regards to who has priority to get healed by specific people? Our main raid healers (two druids and a paladin) were complaining that they were simply using way too much mana trying to contain the raid damage.

#46 Hiba

Hiba

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

We have had always 8 healers like this:
- 2 healers on the warrior tankin the paladin. Priest + paladin or 2 priests for us, they can keep him alive quite easily, at least if you give them shadow priest. They should not stand next to each other, so they are not forced to move at the same time.
- 1 healer for each of the other mob tanks.
- 2 main raid healers, shamans usually. They will heal the people with Deadly Poison and Wrath as priority. They also help with interrupting when melee immunity.
- 1 raid healer, who will stay in range of the paladin tank. This has been tree druid or priest for us, he will keep the paladin tank hotted and help if nasty burst, however his main focus is raid healing. CoH priest is extremely good for this, as the melee is taking a lot of damage that can be healed easily with CoH.
Lightwell object increased in size to make it easier to click.

#47 woo-haa

woo-haa

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

Our main raid healers (two druids and a paladin) were complaining that they were simply using way too much mana trying to contain the raid damage.

I find that druids are best used to heal tanks. Using two druids on ALL four tanks, you can get away with another 1/2 healer on the priest/rogue/mage.

This is our WWS of the latest kill: Loading...

#48 Buiden

Buiden

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

We set up like this:

1 priest on mage tank.
1 Paladin on feral druid, rogue tank.
2 lifebloom druids on Priest + Paladin tanks.
1 Paladin on Paladin tank
1 Paladin on Priest tank / Interuptors
1-3 People on raid healing (depending on how many healers we have left over)

I much prefer to have 8-10 healers than 7. We had a 7 healer one with an 8 minute kill and it was a lot more chaotic and "scary" than our 10+ minute kills with more healers.

When we first got to this fight I thought it was a lot harder than people make it out to be. I guess it isn't really hard, it is just hard getting people to focus for so damn long! One thing that always bugged me about this fight is that there are only 3 loots. Yeah I guess it isn't an end boss but there are 4 mobs, 4 corpses, and 3 pieces of loot so they just throw a gem on the 4th corpse and call it good. Stingy IMO.

#49 Raiha

Raiha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

Okay thanks for your replies :). Extra question, does the rogue kicking the priest have to stay in a possible blizzard/flamestrike (assuming it really is all around her) for a couple of seconds if he -really- needs to kick (no other option) or should he never have to take extra ticks?

#50 Vulkaire

Vulkaire

King Hippo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

Okay thanks for your replies :). Extra question, does the rogue kicking the priest have to stay in a possible blizzard/flamestrike for a couple of seconds if he -really- needs to be on his toes or should he never have to take extra ticks?

He can use the pvp or arena gloves. They give a bonus that adds a spell interrupt to deadly throw, so if they have to move out for blizzard or flamestrike they can use that to interrupt.

#51 Buiden

Buiden

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

Also can CoS and run in to kick if absolutely necessary.

#52 Telani

Telani

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

Okay thanks for your replies :). Extra question, does the rogue kicking the priest have to stay in a possible blizzard/flamestrike (assuming it really is all around her) for a couple of seconds if he -really- needs to kick (no other option) or should he never have to take extra ticks?

They shouldn't need to stay in, aside from when the priest has the magic immunity and a heal is coming up soon. That's when you use cloak of shadows. The rogue that does the interrupting on the priest might as well wear stamina gear over DPS gear, as you spend most of the time unable to attack due to BoP and the reflective shield.

I personally wear 100% stamina gear on council, which puts me around 15.5k life. Finally paid off this last week when I tanked the priest from 35% to death.

#53 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:59 PM

Arena/PVP gloves give deadly throw an interrupt component, which is excellent for dealing with AOEs on the priest.

#54 Estala

Estala

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:39 AM

This may be a newb question but in the combat logs I'm seeing lots of instances of Zerevor stealing dampen from our mage right after our mage steals it from him then promptly one shotting our mage. Is there something we're missing about this?

9/30 22:41:29.875 Mkicon casts Spellsteal on High Nethermancer Zerevor.
9/30 22:41:29.875 High Nethermancer Zerevor steals Mkicon's Dampen Magic.
9/30 22:41:30.875 High Nethermancer Zerevor 's Arcane Bolt hits Mkicon for 14425 Arcane damage.

Lots of things like that with the time delay between the stealings being <0.2 seconds apart. I am aware of the combat log having things in mixed up order sometimes but he's still getting hit for full damage so he's not getting it.

#55 Darkmgl

Darkmgl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:55 AM

May or may not help, but we've found that cramming up fluff buffs and hots seems to help prevent the dampen from being stolen altogether after we had one issue with a dampen getting stolen back too fast once.

#56 Estala

Estala

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:58 AM

May or may not help, but we've found that cramming up fluff buffs and hots seems to help prevent the dampen from being stolen altogether after we had one issue with a dampen getting stolen back too fast once.

Looking through the logs I've never seen anything else stolen except dampen magic :/

#57 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:57 AM

One thing our mage tank believes is that aslong as you stand still when spellstealing and wait a second or two after before moving yourself then you shouldn't get it stolen back.

We haven't killed them much so our sample size is not big enough to say it works but well we've never had a problem when hes not moving, only when he trys to show off.

#58 Ren

Ren

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:18 AM

I'm pretty sure High Nethermancer Zerevor can't spellsteal at all. What your're seeing in the combat log is a known bug where the names of your mage and Zerevor are switched (for no good reason). As for spellstealing and then getting hit for 14k, that's another bug where if two events occur close enough together in time, they are counted as occuring simultaneously. Thus your mage gets 1 shot as the same instant he spellsteals. The only way to fix this problem is to have your mage spellsteal earlier on the pull.

#59 epiphenom

epiphenom

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

When you engage Zerevor, you have a small window to steal Dampen. Arcane Bolt's damage is set slightly before Zerevor actually completes his cast, so the tanking mage has to steal it before the spell's damage is determined. Once I stole it a full second before the Arcane Bolt impacted and still got one-shot. I found that the way I was starting the pull, running toward the Council while repeatedly jamming the spellsteal key, was causing this kind of death - the "false GCD" from casting a spell out of range was preventing me from actually casting a spellsteal with the correct timing. Since then, I've run toward Zerevor and pressed the key just once, just as the range indicator lights up, and I haven't died once.

I think the combat log issue is just a bug.

#60 woo-haa

woo-haa

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:30 AM

I think the damage of missile attacks are calculated as they leave the caster and not on impact. This would explain the "lag" you see in your combat log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users