• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar

Caesar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

Hi I hope I do not upset ppl by making a new topic, but I havent found a discussion like this before and for ppl who need exact swingtimers it's very important. I did't put a class name to it because there are several classes that have Flurry or similar attacks.

Ok so this was my original theory:

If you gain flurry the next autoattack will be flurried with immediate effect if procced on a autoattack

like this

1. Autoattack (flurry gain)
2. Autoattack

time between 1 and 2 is the time of a fully flurried attack

1. autoattack
2. mortal strike (flurry gain)
3. autoattack
4. autoattack

time between 1 and 2 will be a full time swing, while 3 and 4 will be fully hasted.

I tried this theory extensively at a time wich I had 50 fps and 60-70 ms lag and no peaks.

It immeadetely proved to be a failure. I focused on the first case with autoattacks only to know how that worked for sure. Maybe it was the attack after that got hasted. Nope that did't work either. Further on attacks did't prove to be binary hasted or not. Quite often they where almost hasted (like 15% heasted instead of the normally 25% hasted).

Any theories why it is like this?

My ideas is either:
flurry hastes the attacktime left immeadetely. and sometimes the flurry does not proc immeadetely and is applied 0.3 or so seconds later (seems unlikely imo)

lag varies make up for the differences (but at 63 ms lag differences of 20 or 30 ms should not be that common).

scripts lag and do not execute immeadetely on event triggers (no idea about this, maybe this is possible)

swings are not perfectly timed intervalls from the server (seems unlikely but maybe)

ideas suggestions /feedback/discuss please :)

#2 dukes

dukes

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

Page 4. Or a search for "Flurry" set to thread titles only.

http://elitistjerks....es_flurry_work/

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

thanks. I'm sorry for this thread then must have missed that in my search :)

Please delete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users