• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5072 replies to this topic

#5061 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

When the Sentinels die, they turn into 8(?) babies, Void Spawns.

1650 dps is still kind of low, I expect you should be able to reach 2000 as a cat by that progression, but I see much of your gear is shared between cat and bear. If you can swing 2T4+4T6 and all DPS enchanted, that'd be a significant improvement I think. I'm not sure on the relative performance of Mangle Spam to Shred at 70, but I think that especially with Berserk, you could do significantly more damage with a shred spec, as far as this burst situation goes.
Rawr!

#5062 triman

triman

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Ah ok...our goal was to just OT the sentinel the entire time without killing it. My gear isn't up to snuff progression wise because the nerfed content means we haven't had all that many kills on prior SWP bosses (we just got twins down for the first time last night). Same goes for the rest of the guild although their dps relatively shot through the roof.

I'm going to try a more pure dps spec and switch in berserk in place of OOC and hopefully that'll gain me a few hundred dps that matter. Thanks for your input.

#5063 smprfidels

smprfidels

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

I am trying to figure out a beginning dps raiding rotation for my new 70 feral druid. I have read through a significant portion of this thread, and the other one on the talents and abilities, but most of the information giving is for having 2pt4 or more gear which i don't have yet. my attack power is only around 2000.

I get the impression that shred isn't efficient enough to use unless you have a lot of attack power. I think i want something like what Boevis recomended, but with my lower gear and stats i am not sure.

Lacking SR, what kind of rotation are we using at 70?
-Keep Rake up
-Keep Mangle up (not needed with a Trauma Arms Warrior?)
-TF every cooldown if energy < 40
-Use FB if at 5 CPs and Rip will not expire before 100 energy (with glyph of rip making that 16 sec this means it's likely to be a 5/5 rotation with Rip down for ~8 seconds)
-Lacerate? still bad

Can anyone let me know if there is something i should be doing differently until i get some better gear? We are going to Kara tonight and I would like to try to pull as much of my own weight as possible.

#5064 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

Actually, quite the opposite. Mangle spam is only viable when you have 2T6. You'll want to fully talent Shred, and use a rotation including Shred... Keep Rake up, keep Mangle up, Shred for combo points, and keep Rip up. It's doubtful at that gear level that you'll have many combo points to spare, so using FB much is probably out of the question. That should be it, just maintain Rake, Mangle, and Rip on the target, Shred in between those.
Rawr!

#5065 Zidders

Zidders

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:26 AM

Actually, quite the opposite. Mangle spam is only viable when you have 2T6. You'll want to fully talent Shred, and use a rotation including Shred... Keep Rake up, keep Mangle up, Shred for combo points, and keep Rip up. It's doubtful at that gear level that you'll have many combo points to spare, so using FB much is probably out of the question. That should be it, just maintain Rake, Mangle, and Rip on the target, Shred in between those.

I've been playing around with DPS rotation tonight. Feral is mostly my offspec, but i'm sitting at 8\8 T6 with the twins staff. Mind you, i'm specced 56-5 for pvp fun but using a 5p rip, 5p fero bite combo with keeping mangle and rake up i've only been hovering around 1400 DPS, spiking over 2600 (<3 fero bite) So using Fero bite isn't completely out of the question at 70.

#5066 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:37 AM

... having 2pt4 or more gear which i don't have yet. my attack power is only around 2000....

...i'm sitting at 8\8 T6 with the twins staff...

Something tells me you being able to maintain 5FB+5Rip doesn't mean he will be able to...
Rawr!

#5067 Daboran

Daboran

King Hippo

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:26 AM

Ah ok...our goal was to just OT the sentinel the entire time without killing it. My gear isn't up to snuff progression wise because the nerfed content means we haven't had all that many kills on prior SWP bosses (we just got twins down for the first time last night). Same goes for the rest of the guild although their dps relatively shot through the roof.

I'm going to try a more pure dps spec and switch in berserk in place of OOC and hopefully that'll gain me a few hundred dps that matter. Thanks for your input.

To be honest, with some good gear choices and gemming, you don't need to have lots of mid-late Sunwell T6 to be great at Muru add tanking. Slightly curious why you are trying to force Muru into a kill after 2 waves? With the nerfs there's no reason you shouldnt be able to maintain phase 1 indefinitely if needs be.

With Druids now crit immune from talents, you can tank Muru yourself if need be and still be wearing optimal add-tank gear. We changed our strat completely now and have 2 Warriors tanking Void Sentinels (alternating spawns), with myself and another Warrior on the adds. We wait until Muru is on 2-3% and I have a pack of adds, kill 2 of the adds, ranged dps kill Muru while my last add goes down then I go and pick up Muru myself, pop Beserk and go mental for threat. Everyone else finishes off the remaining Void Sentinel then nukes the boss, by which time I'm so far ahead on threat that it's a complete non-issue. Doing it this way there is no danger of a new VS spawning because you mistimed the Muru kill.

#5068 Thessaly

Thessaly

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:47 AM

Anyone noticed any issues with Feral Charge - Cat? I've noticed it does some weird repositioning after you actually land, presumably to reorient you towards their back, but I've had it turn me away from people, move me out of range of them, and other little oddities. It was most pronounced when I was trying to run past a group of guards, had Dash on, and Feral Charged the furthest one. I was able to keep running for about 5-10 yards before it ported me back to the guard. I've asked some Rogues if they've seen similar behavior with Shadowstep, and they don't seem to.

#5069 Huggme

Huggme

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Anyone noticed any issues with Feral Charge - Cat? I've noticed it does some weird repositioning after you actually land, presumably to reorient you towards their back, but I've had it turn me away from people, move me out of range of them, and other little oddities. It was most pronounced when I was trying to run past a group of guards, had Dash on, and Feral Charged the furthest one. I was able to keep running for about 5-10 yards before it ported me back to the guard. I've asked some Rogues if they've seen similar behavior with Shadowstep, and they don't seem to.

Yeah, noticed the same stupid behaviour, preventing us from opening on target running on a mount unless you use dash after land and/or are lucky. The most annoying part is the repositioning which tends to port us back as you stated and makes me /wrist every time I try to chase someone down.

Could be worth a shot asking blues if this "works as intended".

#5070 dukes

dukes

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, noticed the same stupid behaviour, preventing us from opening on target running on a mount unless you use dash after land and/or are lucky. The most annoying part is the repositioning which tends to port us back as you stated and makes me /wrist every time I try to chase someone down.

Could be worth a shot asking blues if this "works as intended".

If you've ever played a warrior and tried to charge/intercept someone while slowed or they're on a mount, you get the same issue. It's trying to get to someone who is moving at a different speed, while you have a travel time, which is problematic to say the least, and when you include the client side / server side interaction it makes it worse. Intercept works sometimes due to the stun, and Bear charge works well because of the immobilise, but due to Charge only having a 1 second stun / Cat charge only having a daze, it doesn't work so well on those abilities.

#5071 Huggme

Huggme

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

If you've ever played a warrior and tried to charge/intercept someone while slowed or they're on a mount, you get the same issue. It's trying to get to someone who is moving at a different speed, while you have a travel time, which is problematic to say the least, and when you include the client side / server side interaction it makes it worse. Intercept works sometimes due to the stun, and Bear charge works well because of the immobilise, but due to Charge only having a 1 second stun / Cat charge only having a daze, it doesn't work so well on those abilities.

Exactly. What I tend to do to diminish this behaviour is I unstealth prior to cat charge and usually manage to mangle for IW to slow the runner. Not optimal but gotta do what works the best.

There might be better ways of stopping a mount runner but I can't think of any that wouldn't require a) unstealth B) shifting out of cat.

Maybe it would have been better if cat charge haven't ported us behind target so that we would get a few yards advantage to manage an opener if we were charging from the direction the target is running towards. This obviously wouldn't help if we were behind the target, but better than nothing (and it might reduce the teleport - back issue I would imagine)

Please share if I have missed something crucial and/or failed to adapt to mechanics of cat charge. I'll be glad to extend my knowledge.

#5072 Thessaly

Thessaly

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:42 AM

Exactly. What I tend to do to diminish this behaviour is I unstealth prior to cat charge and usually manage to mangle for IW to slow the runner. Not optimal but gotta do what works the best.

There might be better ways of stopping a mount runner but I can't think of any that wouldn't require a) unstealth B) shifting out of cat.

Maybe it would have been better if cat charge haven't ported us behind target so that we would get a few yards advantage to manage an opener if we were charging from the direction the target is running towards. This obviously wouldn't help if we were behind the target, but better than nothing (and it might reduce the teleport - back issue I would imagine)

Please share if I have missed something crucial and/or failed to adapt to mechanics of cat charge. I'll be glad to extend my knowledge.

Yeah, I don't mind playing catch up with a moving target, that's the same as Charge (loving Warbringer) or Intervene, but I think Feral Charge Cat works off the same mechanics as Shadowstep, in that it attempts to position you behind the target. The delay of this repositioning is really where the problem is, since it seems that sometimes it positions where the target's back was when you started, regardless of where they might be when you land or when the repositioning actually occurs. Either way, the behavior seems a bit inconsistent. That and locking out the Bear version for 30 seconds makes it more of a novelty than anything of use. I really don't understand the lockout, especially given that Warriors now have Charge breaking snares while giving rage, potentially on a 12 second cooldown.

#5073 Ja7us

Ja7us

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

For sure. Cat charge seems to be extremely buggy overall. The aforementioned reposition-one-second-later is annoying as hell, and I've occasionally (it's happened four times so far, definitely not a fluke) seen every mob and player near me phase out and become invisible for ~5 seconds directly after a charge (I was still attackable, as well). At this point I'd give anything to make it simply "charge to the target" rather than "attempt to leap behind the target." If the 3-second daze were a 1-2 second immobilize, I think that would go a long way toward making it reliably bring you to the target, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users