• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7310 replies to this topic

#7301 Blutelf

Blutelf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

You should try to get Venture Co. Libram of Retribution from Grizzly Hills whilst leveling. At 80, the PVP librams are currently the best (they increase AP for 6 sec after a CS).

#7302 Thorin

Thorin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

Agreed, also for those, that just hit 70, or had their paladin as an alt or non-ret spec, as soon as you enter Northrend, there's which is not bad at all

#7303 Kinmaul

Kinmaul

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

I know at the end of BC raiding Haste was amazing for Ret dps and I was wondering why it's so crappy now. My guesses are:

1.) Divine Strength up to 15%
2.) Divine Storm is another instant attack and thus reduces the overall contribution from white dps
3.) Change in the coefficients of all of our abilities (ie AP/SP with Sheath giving us SP from AP)

Is haste really down there with ArP now? It still should scale with SoB as well as it did pre 3.0. I can see the logic in not going "haste crazy" but it still seems like a decent dps stat.

#7304 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

AW has always triggered a GCD for me on live.

Regarding hit question (which I asked), with 4.5% hit (leveling lowers the hit a bit) I had 6 misses (over on all the attacks) so it appears the ghost hit is gone.

Is haste really down there with ArP now? It still should scale with SoB as well as it did pre 3.0. I can see the logic in not going "haste crazy" but it still seems like a decent dps stat.

Haste for me (using my numbers) is worth 0.32, while armor pen is 0.2. Strength is 1.

#7305 Avitus

Avitus

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

I know at the end of BC raiding Haste was amazing for Ret dps and I was wondering why it's so crappy now. My guesses are:

1.) Divine Strength up to 15%
2.) Divine Storm is another instant attack and thus reduces the overall contribution from white dps
3.) Change in the coefficients of all of our abilities (ie AP/SP with Sheath giving us SP from AP)

Your key word is "relativity". Haste might not be horrible, but everything pales in comparison to Str/AP.

To your list of why haste went down:

-You could arguably add Judgements as a "new" instant attack, considering they now do "real" (actually very significant) damage, rather than the almost irrelevant joke damage we were used to pre-3.0.

-Seals now proc off all instant attacks (not sure bout JoB again or not as this keeps changing, but definitely off JoC), which is again a fairly significant push away from haste being useful.

AW has always triggered a GCD for me on live.

Regarding hit question (which I asked), with 4.5% hit (leveling lowers the hit a bit) I had 6 misses (over on all the attacks) so it appears the ghost hit is gone.

I believe it was explicitly said on patch notes (or could have been blue post) that AW now triggers a GCD, I'm pretty sure it previously didn't.

What's the level difference between you and the mob you get misses on? Pointless to list hit and misses without this info.

#7306 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:04 AM

What's the level difference between you and the mob you get misses on? Pointless to list hit and misses without this info.

Good point. Those misses were when I was level 73 in An'kanet (bosses are 75, mobs are 73-75). I had 4.3% hit.

However, since my miss rate was so low 10 misses out of like 2000 attacks (I did about 10 runs), it appears Ret aura still is giving 1% hit.

#7307 Silvaren

Silvaren

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

Given a rotation that gives preference to Judgement, then CS, then DS (for single targets), isn't [Libram of Furious Blows] better than [Venture Co. Libram of Retribution]? I found that due to the cooldowns, the Venture Co buff was wearing off before my other attacks came off of cooldown, or at least if felt that the only way this libram was maximized if I opened the rotation and prioritized DS.

Since Judgement is the preferred attack during a FCFS rotation, would this make Furious Blows better?

#7308 Babathong

Babathong

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:37 PM

So just a quick question here. What is the exact Hit cap and Expertise Cap for a non-dranei Ret Pally at Level 80?

Iv seen a few different answers but Im guessing that there is a straight number like there was Pre Wrath. Anyone know what these numbers are?

#7309 Svetozar

Svetozar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

Is there an ETA on DPS spreadsheet update?

#7310 ulath7

ulath7

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

So just a quick question here. What is the exact Hit cap and Expertise Cap for a non-dranei Ret Pally at Level 80?

Iv seen a few different answers but Im guessing that there is a straight number like there was Pre Wrath. Anyone know what these numbers are?

I tried to do a search on this thread for "hit" or "Hit cap" but got no matches... even though it mentions 9% in the fery first post...

#7311 Babathong

Babathong

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

I posted this in the Rawr forum as well but I wanted to see if I could get some opinions from more people.

I was under the impression that Blizzard was going to concentrate more on making the plate items more desirable for Ret Paladins.

Is it just me or according to Rawr, the best overall items for dps are clearly leather and mail. Its not even close either, like to the point that you may take the slightly lower dps item in exchange for it being plate. The leather and mail items are so much better that youd be crazy not to take them.

If in fact this is the case I am curious to see how the rogues, druids, hunters, and shammies feel.

If I am wrong please correct me for I am hoping this is the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users