• Please log in to reply
2715 replies to this topic

#21 Dollar

Dollar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

My UI uses two monitors, one with the game rendering, the other viewported. This problem isn't a big deal but it has been annoying me ever since I switched from one monitor. Whenever I zone or whenever I get those red error messages that pop up when I try to cast a spell while moving, ect. they show up in between both monitors. Is there some way I can make them dissapear altogether or, preferably, move them?

#22 Harmonics

Harmonics

Bartlett Pears. Sliced. In Heavy Syrup.

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

errormonster on wowace will eat them. you can't move them as far as i know.

edit: my shift key just literally broke.

You can't call a planet Bob!

You were missing the () at the end of Feral Charge (Bear), this is necessary otherwise WoW thinks you're trying to cast Feral Charge Rank Bear.

#23 Dollar

Dollar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:33 PM

My UI uses two monitors, one with the game rendering, the other viewported. This problem isn't a big deal but it has been annoying me ever since I switched from one monitor. Whenever I zone or whenever I get those red error messages that pop up when I try to cast a spell while moving, ect. they show up in between both monitors. Is there some way I can make them dissapear altogether or, preferably, move them?

Yeah I am using ErrorMonster but it doesn't get rid of the zone change messages.

#24 Taryenne

Taryenne

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

Question: I'm using Onscreenhealth as my only unit frames, which works great for my rogue. Except I can't get it to display target name. I tried using Pitbull target frames with everything hidden but the name, but I can't seem to pull that off.

Any advice?

Again, this is something you could quite easily do with OpenRDX
The screenshot shows self/target/tot. Castbars reduced to icon + timer, debuffs ascend from player names but all of this information could be configured any way you wish to see it

http://img89.imagesh...07234437el4.jpg

#25 raymur

raymur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:06 AM

This might be a bit technical for the focus of this thread, but I didn't want to make my own for something relatively small:

PitBull frames simply won't obey any Visor2 settings I make, be it alpha or positions. They'll work right up until I relog or do a /reloadui. After either one of those, the frames return to where they were last placed by mouse. The solution would probably be some magic setting in either of these addons or some other way of adjusting frames with the kind of precision Visor2 has. I'm not having this problem with any addon but PitBull.

#26 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:12 AM

That screenshot doesn't actually suggest that what you are asking for is possible. They just have the top frame there all the time. I was actually looking to do the same thing with my windows last night, but came to the conclusion that you couldn't.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

The screenshots actually do suggest what I was looking for.

We're actually both wrong. That is MiniChat, and it is possible to do what I was wanting to do. To do so, you click on the grow button on the secondary chat window and anchor it to the main, then anchor the 3rd to the 2nd and so on.

I had more time to play around with it today, and found a good eepanel tutorial as well :)

I solved both my issues.

I'm rebuilding my UI from scratch, so when it's done, I'll be more than willing to share.

Edit: Punctuation.

#27 gia

gia

♥

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:39 AM

I'm looking for something that I can maybe do with Grid possibly, or to the frames in Pitbull, to always know who I have in range and what debuffs they have on themselves (especially UA). As well as fast way to shield them if I need to. I have hear of healers using things like ClickCast for this kind of thing too.

Any brilliant ideas? Things others are using for a similar function?

I use Click2Cast for this. Bind a mouse button to shield and another to dispel and then place your party/raid frames in a place that you can quickly click. Keep your current dispel key binding for offensive dispels, with click casting you can always keep the main assist as your target so a macro to dispel the MA target isn't really needed.

Also you can use Proximo's right/left click feature to cast dispel on an arena opponent by clicking on his frame without having to target him.

Another popular mod for clickcasting is Clique by cladhaire.

#28 Harmonics

Harmonics

Bartlett Pears. Sliced. In Heavy Syrup.

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:35 AM

Crap, I was hoping to not have to lose a day of my life learning RDX.

Oh well, down the rabbit hole we go.

Edit: really ohi? I'll play around with it some more for sure.
Edit2: Anyone know of a mod that will change the border around the text entry frame? I know skinner will, but thats a lot of mod just to do that.

You can't call a planet Bob!

You were missing the () at the end of Feral Charge (Bear), this is necessary otherwise WoW thinks you're trying to cast Feral Charge Rank Bear.

#29 Eph

Eph

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:37 AM

Anyone know how to shorten a name in DogTag? Or limit it to a certain number of letters?

#30 lazerpewpew

lazerpewpew

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:54 AM

Also, using CT_RaidAssist I can view the Main Tanks' targets in a box, if I choose to. It would be an idea if somebody made an addon where you could have a visual box for each of the raid icon targets (Skull, Cross, Star, Square etc.). I will probably mail the developers of CTmod about this idea. And if there is a certain related function which I have overlooked, then please tell me xD. The challenge of this idea is whether it is possible to tag the marked targets with the LUA interface.

(I will edit this post with additional helpful informaton when I come home)

I am not sure if I understand what you meant. Do you want something like the MT's target function in oRA2?

#31 lazerpewpew

lazerpewpew

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:29 AM

The screenshots actually do suggest what I was looking for.

We're actually both wrong. That is MiniChat, and it is possible to do what I was wanting to do. To do so, you click on the grow button on the secondary chat window and anchor it to the main, then anchor the 3rd to the 2nd and so on.

How did you create the "secondary chat window"?

I created a window by right clicking on general->create new window. But when I was dragging the "secondary chat window" off the general window (primary window?), the minichat button doesn't exist on the "secondary chat window", and if I want to right click on the button when the "secondary chat window" was attached to the main window, I always got error:

"Minichat: can't attach default chat window to something".

Thanks!

#32 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:45 AM

Edit: really ohi? I'll play around with it some more for sure.
Edit2: Anyone know of a mod that will change the border around the text entry frame? I know skinner will, but thats a lot of mod just to do that.

Ya, I got it to do it today after downloading the comp from the screenshot I provided. I looked and s/he used MiniChat and eePanels, so I messed with it until I got it right. To be honest it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

How did you create the "secondary chat window"?

I created a window by right clicking on general->create new window. But when I was dragging the "secondary chat window" off the general window (primary window?), the minichat button doesn't exist on the "secondary chat window", and if I want to right click on the button when the "secondary chat window" was attached to the main window, I always got error:

"Minichat: can't attach default chat window to something".

Thanks!

Well I had all of my windows already separated when I loaded up MiniChat. I didn't attempt to create one afterwards. Maybe shut off the mods, make the windows, separate them and reload the mod and see if that works? After that I used Prat to remove the tabs and other things from the windows (scrollbars) that I didn't want.

Here's a screenshot of it, still a work in progress at this point:
Posted Image

I do need help with something if anyone knows about DogTags. What I want to do is this:
If my target is Alliance, I want it to say "Alliance" in blue.
If my target is Horde, I want it to say "Horde in red.
If my target is some other faction, say Stormpike Guard, I want it to say it in Green.

Is that possible? I can't figure it out :confused:

#33 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

I am not sure if I understand what you meant. Do you want something like the MT's target function in oRA2?

I think he means something like :

X = Raid Target Mob = TT
Diamond = Raid Target Mob = ToT

and so on...

At least that's how I understood it.

#34 lazerpewpew

lazerpewpew

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

To Ohi, yes, I figure it out already. :)

How did you use prat to remove tabs? They are getting annoying to me.

#35 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:49 AM

There's a "Tabs" function in Prat, just use it to remove the tabs

Prat > Tabs > Set Display Mode

Just set them to hidden once you have everything moved to where you want it because once they're off you won't be able to move them. If later, you need to move them again, just go back and turn them back on.

#36 Umph

Umph

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2599 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:13 AM

I do need help with something if anyone knows about DogTags. What I want to do is this:
If my target is Alliance, I want it to say "Alliance" in blue.
If my target is Horde, I want it to say "Horde in red.
If my target is some other faction, say Stormpike Guard, I want it to say it in Green.

Is that possible? I can't figure it out :confused:

This should work (off the top of my head):

[IsFriend?IsPlayer?Faction:Color(ff0000)][IsEnemy?IsPlayer?Faction:Color(0000ff)][~IsEnemy?~IsPlayer?~IsPet?Faction:Color(00ff00)]

Basically it is: [Is the player Horde? Display red faction][Is the player Alliance? Display blue faction][Is it not a player/pet and not an enemy? Display green faction]

If you would like it to display non friendly factions as well, remove the '~IsEnemy?' conditional from the last tag.

Edit: There might be a way to combine it into a single tag, but I think it might be too complex to be worth it - either way I don't have the time to log into WoW and figure it out for you right now, so if someone else can do better go for it :).

#37 Bridonna

Bridonna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

Anyone know how to shorten a name in DogTag? Or limit it to a certain number of letters?

Trunc(#)

#38 Eph

Eph

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

Trunc(#)

I'm assuming [Name:Trunc(3)] is how this would be entered, but thats not working out for me. It's still showing the full length name, no errors though, as if the trunc part of the tag has no effect. Any ideas why?

#39 Bridonna

Bridonna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:09 PM

I'm assuming [Name:Trunc(3)] is how this would be entered, but thats not working out for me. It's still showing the full length name, no errors though, as if the trunc part of the tag has no effect. Any ideas why?

That's the correct dogtag, so it should work. Works fine for me. Make sure you have the field type as "custom", sometimes I forget to do that, and so you aren't actually changing the tag even though you are changing what is in the field.

#40 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

This should work (off the top of my head): .....

Much thanks, worked like a charm, although you had the colors crossed :D I just swapped them and all was fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users