• Please log in to reply
2713 replies to this topic

#41 Lindelle

Lindelle

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:46 PM

I've been tweaking my UI recently and I've gotten it to a point where I really like it, though I am frustrated with trying to find/create certain textures for eepanels. I have two questions:

1.) Does anyone have a good site for either a guide to creating your own art textures and using them through Ace2 mods or a good site for downloading textures created by others?

2.) I've been able to make a uniform font across all mods and general UI frames but one: SWStats. Does anyone know how to change the font, through altering the .lua or otherwise?

#42 Eph

Eph

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:10 PM

Make sure you have the field type as "custom"

Right on, thanks.

#43 roquer

roquer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Is there a mod or program that allows you to log in with no mods loaded, and then allows you select different option sets depending on what you intend to be doing? I hate that it takes me 2 mins to log in because I load auction mods when I raid, or raid mods when I am pvping.

#44 Sichosis

Sichosis

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

I have a question, when I set my Target health Text to Absolute and Percent, this is the custom text for the display:

[~Status?FractionalHP:Short] | [Status:PercentHP:Percent]

When it shows up in the frame it shows up as:

11.2K / 11.2K 100

I want it to show up as:

11.2K / 11.2K [100%]

Can anyone help me?

#45 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:40 PM

Is there a mod or program that allows you to log in with no mods loaded, and then allows you select different option sets depending on what you intend to be doing? I hate that it takes me 2 mins to log in because I load auction mods when I raid, or raid mods when I am pvping.

Check out one that's called TooManyAddons. I think it may do what you're looking for, maybe not exactly, but probably as close as you can get. You can find it at curse.

TooManyAddons | World of Warcraft @ Curse

#46 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

I have a question, [...] Can anyone help me?

Try:
[~Status?FractionalHP:Short] | [Status:PercentHP:Percent:Bracket]

That worked for me.

Does anyone know how to code Combat damage as white? I've tried a few ways but it's not coming up. It's just red, and my frames are dark so red isnt showing up well.

#47 Xerophyte

Xerophyte

King Hippo

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

Yes, kinda. Try ACP (Addon Control Panel). You can easily swap between addon "sets", however for many addons it'll be necessary to do a ui reload in order to enable them after login. There's also AddonLoader - which I don't use personally - that integrates with ACP and lets you automatically load certain addons on certain conditions: join a raid, enter a certain zone, open the AH or somesuch. Many raid and auction addons will only load when relevant by default, however, and I'd imagine it's common for pvp addons to act the same.

#48 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:08 PM

Ok so I decided to *try* out grid again cause I actually think it would work better with my new layout than the pitbull raid frames.

I know in Pitbull there's a faux or mock Raid so you can see the frames and edit accordingly. Does Grid have this? I'm looking at the config window and can't seem to find anything of the sort.

#49 Sichosis

Sichosis

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:24 PM

Try:
[~Status?FractionalHP:Short] | [Status:PercentHP:Percent:Bracket]

That worked for me.

Does anyone know how to code Combat damage as white? I've tried a few ways but it's not coming up. It's just red, and my frames are dark so red isnt showing up well.

Ty, but it didn't work. For some reason it won't change it. I went to custom and pasted that exact line and it did nothing.

#50 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

Ty, but it didn't work. For some reason it won't change it. I went to custom and pasted that exact line and it did nothing.

Hmm that's odd, especially if it was on Custom. I tried it and it changed mine again. I wonder what can be wrong. Try a reload, sometimes things bug out :keke:

#51 WitchBoy

WitchBoy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:51 AM

You gotta press the enter key after pasting, far as I remember (to Sichosis).

#52 Umph

Umph

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

Is it possible to move unit frames in combat? If so, how would I go about moving a Pitbull unit frame? PitBullUnitFrame1:somethinghere(position) ?

Edit: In LUA.

#53 Sichosis

Sichosis

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:59 AM

You gotta press the enter key after pasting, far as I remember (to Sichosis).

I know, I did that. Ctrl+V and Enter. Nothing, tried it about 12 different times, rebooted and tried some more, still no change. One time it change to 100/100/100 and wouldn't change back to what it was. Had to reboot and re-paste the original.

Still nothing.

#54 Natural04

Natural04

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:47 AM

This has probably been answered before, but i wasnt able to find the thread...Is there anywhere i could find a write up or a guide to adding textures to pitbull and other addons; also a How To with eePanels??

For example with this UI, the creator has a grey border/look/feel to everything.

http://i22.tinypic.com/kb905j.jpg

or

http://i164.photobuc...stick/emoui.png

Also, i know this is an extremely broad question, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Natural

#55 Harmonics

Harmonics

Bartlett Pears. Sliced. In Heavy Syrup.

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

Is it possible to move unit frames in combat? If so, how would I go about moving a Pitbull unit frame? PitBullUnitFrame1:somethinghere(position) ?

Edit: In LUA.

Nope, this function ate dust the same time emergency healing monitors did.

Also, I'm still looking for something that will just display my targets name. RDX is a [/i]massive[/i] addon to use to do this. It's totally not worth using for such a purpose.

You can't call a planet Bob!

You were missing the () at the end of Feral Charge (Bear), this is necessary otherwise WoW thinks you're trying to cast Feral Charge Rank Bear.

#56 Lindelle

Lindelle

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

Grid does not have a mock raid like Pitbull or DUF do with their various frames. I find that the easiest way to adjust it is go into AV and just follow everyone around while you adjust so you won't get reported for being AFK. Though you may know it already, you can also change the fonts and textures for Grid like you can with any other normal UI mod. Whatever you're using for textures, like SharedMedia or Surfaces, Grid will use as a pool for you to select from as well.

#57 i86dasalmon

i86dasalmon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

I like the look of incorporating brushes in UI with eepanels, however, I am having trouble with getting it to recognize the TGA files I am using. I dont have and do not wish to spend the money for photoshop. I am using a program called GIMP for editing and a program called Irfanview to convert file types. Since i dont have photoshop I cannot download the bulk files (AR files?), I am downloading paintbrush files and converting them to TGA.

I know the pathway I'm using is correct, since the TGA file "icon" changes the panel. The files are evenly dimensioned like stated in the instructions. All of the files i have edited and converted to TGA do nothing.

eePanel directions say to make sure the files are 32bit uncompressed. What does that mean? Could that be the problem? How do I check if the files I am using are that?

#58 Kortiah

Kortiah

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Hi,

I've just updated my Ace2-AddOns, and I had a suprise when login my main ...

All my Bartender3 borders disappeared (whereas my Interface\Tooltips folder is still up and I didn't change anything into it ...).

I usually has grey borders around my buttons, and I don't get them for BT3.

(They're still there for my eePanels borders ... (Blizzard Tooltip Borders)).

Any idea ? :/

I checked Bartender.lua and the directory is still Interface\\Tooltips\\UI-Tooltips-Border.

#59 Umph

Umph

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

Nope, this function ate dust the same time emergency healing monitors did.

Curses, I thought that was just creating frames :(.

Edit: It should be possible out of combat though, right?

#60 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

Is there anywhere i could find a write up or a guide to adding textures to pitbull and other addons; also a How To with eePanels??

Thanks,
Natural

WoW-Europe.com Forums -> How To DIY Textures/Custom UI

http://www.omgphatlo...ls Tutorial.pdf

Those should help you out some.

ps. Don't sign your posts.

Grid does not have a mock raid like Pitbull or DUF do with their various frames.

Yep, found that out. :( You would think that a mod so widely used would have such a feature to ease setup.

Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users