• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kebinusan

Kebinusan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

Im wondering if anyone has anticipated the need for a rather short term mod to empty the contents of guild bank alts into the new Guild bank interface come 2.3. Personally, Im not looking forward to manually dragging hundreds of items between the two interfaces and would be interested in any ideas people might have to automate this process.

#2 Evel

Evel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

You should be able to Alt+Click items instead of dragging to reduce some strain.

#3 Anasztaizia

Anasztaizia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Surely we can open the guild bank window and right click items from our bags in to it? If that's the case the worst case scenario is every item needs to be clicked twice, once from the alt's bank in to it's bags, then a second time out of the bags in to the guild bank. Does it work differently to that?

#4 Glayde

Glayde

King Hippo

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

This reminds of the AQ war effort.

During this time I was designated the leather funnel.

My job was to receive light leather from horde members via mail, and transfer them to the alliance side. I woud also receive from the alliance counterpart, their rugged leather.

I spent hours each day dragging items to my bag to the mail or to the AH.

Only afterwards did i find out you could alt-click into the mail or ah windows :(

#5 mikebro

mikebro

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

This reminds of the AQ war effort.

During this time I was designated the leather funnel.

My job was to receive light leather from horde members via mail, and transfer them to the alliance side. I woud also receive from the alliance counterpart, their rugged leather.

I spent hours each day dragging items to my bag to the mail or to the AH.

Only afterwards did i find out you could alt-click into the mail or ah windows :(

There are also mods like CT_Mailmod and BulkMail (From World of Warcraft Addons - WowAce.com) that have a 'Take All' option that will empty out your mailbox, or take everything that it can out until your bags are full. Whatever comes first.

That in combination with a single right click to put items in/out of the bank seems pretty easy. There is another addon at the wowace SVN called AltClickToAddItem which is great and will probably work if simply right clicking on an item to add it to the guild bank doesn't work. But I don't see why it wouldn't work like a regular bank, though I haven't tested it on the PTR myself.

#6 jayowen

jayowen

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

Couldn't said alts just be made members of the guild, with permissions appropriate to deposit in the guild bank? No mailing needed. I think this is what the OP was asking about.

MrPlow (it's ace, on the repository) has an option to move all full stacks from your bags to the bank. Not sure how well this will play with the guild bank interface.

#7 Kebinusan

Kebinusan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

I tossed this idea out on IRC and Ulic ran with it. For those that are interested figured Id post it here:

Guild Bank Mover v1.0
(probably the only version)

There are no options to select just tasks to do.

Commands:

/bank2bags - IF a "personal bank" window is open moves all
non-soulbound, non-quest items from any bank bag or bank slot
into any available slot in your bags

/bags2guildbank - IF a "Guild Bank" window is open moves all
non-soulbound, non-quest items from any inventory bag into any
available slot in your Guild Bank that you have deposit
permissions on, starts with the first slot on the first tab
and scans up when searching for an empty slot.

If anyone wants to extend this addon feel free. I simply
made it because someone mentioned the idea in irc.

CREDITS
Rabbit for the pieces I borrowed from ClosetGnome
kebinusan for having the idea in the first place

GuildBankMover - http://files.wowace....ldBankMover.zip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users