• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 valex

valex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

Yes, that would be pretty easy to do, you don't need a mod, just a macro. Let me get this straight, though:

1. On press, put icon on mouseover target (e.g., star).
2. On next press, put the "next" icon on mouseover target (e.g., circle).
3. If it has been 5 or more seconds since lass press, reset to the first icon.

This should do it:

/script if iconid==nil or iconid>8 or (time()-lasticontime)>5 then iconid=1 end SetRaidTarget("mouseover",iconid); lasticontime=time(); iconid=iconid+1;

Works like a charm! Incredibly fast marking! I love it!

Problem is it doesn't start with skull and decrement down through the icons, I am not a very good scripter so I really have no idea how to get it to do that. Playing with the script a bit to see if I can.

V

#22 valex

valex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

Problem is it doesn't start with skull and decrement down through the icons, I am not a very good scripter so I really have no idea how to get it to do that. Playing with the script a bit to see if I can.

Fixed:

/script if iconid==nil or iconid<1 or (time()-lasticontime)>3 then iconid=8 end SetRaidTarget("mouseover",iconid); lasticontime=time(); iconid=iconid-1;

I just set it to increment -1 and start with the 8th icon, also made sure to set the iconid<1 so it would loop properly.

One thing I realized in playing with the script is that if you hit the macro without a mouseover target it still increments the raid icon, effectively skipping it, I suppose that can be good and bad, as long as someone is aware of it they can intentionally skip icons as needed.

Tehehe thank you so much for the script, it is awesome!

Val

#23 OengusSC

OengusSC

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

If I'm understanding that last script properly, it starts with skull and continues to star, then down the list. Is there a way to modify the script to start with skull and work backwards up the icons? Skull->X-> and so forth? Very useful script, I've just always marked targets from bottom up during raids for some reason, would probably confuse the heck out of some folks if I changed up the orders. :)

#24 Tehehe

Tehehe

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

Check the post directly above (#20).

#25 OengusSC

OengusSC

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:02 AM

Yeah..

My apologies, I read that completely wrong while at work and not able to actually test in game.

Thanks for pointing that out!

#26 Sarkan-ZdC

Sarkan-ZdC

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:24 AM

Aye, that works quite well for those who have 8 spare keybindings.

Well, I have them on my Num-Lock

0 = Death Head
1-7 the Rest

I'm using WASD to move, so normally the Num-Lock is not used for anything. Works perfectly and I know all 8 signs now very well.

#27 Delita

Delita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

OK, I'm looking at something similar to all this for the Rage Winterchill fight to rapidly mark up all the CC. Is there any way I can get a script to target a specific mob type, mark it, and cycle to the next one of that SAME mob type (it has an identical name). I can then build macro's based on the first one to cycle each mob type I want for the waves of adds.

#28 Tehehe

Tehehe

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:48 PM

OK, I'm looking at something similar to all this for the Rage Winterchill fight to rapidly mark up all the CC. Is there any way I can get a script to target a specific mob type, mark it, and cycle to the next one of that SAME mob type (it has an identical name). I can then build macro's based on the first one to cycle each mob type I want for the waves of adds.

nope

#29 keshian

keshian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

What would actually be nice is a way to setup predefined mark targets for common raid instances, KZ, SSC, Gruul, Mag won't work in this case I'll explain in a sec, etc.

Have a little window that shows you a list of all the packs in an instance. For example the packs of 2 spore bats, a beasttamer and some other naga at the entrance to SSC, there are two other packs of these. A nice dialog box where you can select this pack and then assign raid targets to each mob in the pack and save that information. Therefore, with the press of a key, the addon will target each mob by name and assign it the given raid icon. Now the obvious problem here is mobs of the same name, not sure how to adjust for that other than maybe targeting the mob again if there are multiples?

At any rate, would be nice so that you can preconfigure all of the multimob pulls in a raid instance, hit a key or open an addon and hit a button and poof, the entire pack has icons and you are ready to pull.

#30 Noraj

Noraj

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:21 AM

What would actually be nice is a way to setup predefined mark targets for common raid instances, KZ, SSC, Gruul, Mag won't work in this case I'll explain in a sec, etc.

Have a little window that shows you a list of all the packs in an instance. For example the packs of 2 spore bats, a beasttamer and some other naga at the entrance to SSC, there are two other packs of these. A nice dialog box where you can select this pack and then assign raid targets to each mob in the pack and save that information. Therefore, with the press of a key, the addon will target each mob by name and assign it the given raid icon. Now the obvious problem here is mobs of the same name, not sure how to adjust for that other than maybe targeting the mob again if there are multiples?

At any rate, would be nice so that you can preconfigure all of the multimob pulls in a raid instance, hit a key or open an addon and hit a button and poof, the entire pack has icons and you are ready to pull.

I think BananaBar did / does have the functionality.
"The question is not how far we are going to take it... the question is, do you possess the constitution to go as far as needed?" - Il Duce

#31 wickedgrey

wickedgrey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

Custom Addons - Game Theory
http://www.gtguild.n...MagicMarker.zip

It's an Ace-based addon that I hacked together (it's not on wowace ATM). Usual caveats apply re: .zip files from untrusted sources.

It's dirt-simple to use - just mark a pack once, wave your mouse over the pack. Then you can easily reapply those markings next pull:

Mark raid targets with icons.
/mm rec
Wave mouse over marked mobs. The addon will report which marked targets it has moused over and recorded.
/mm rec again to toggle recording off.
Find next batch of mobs.
/mm mark
Wave mouse over unmarked mobs; they will get icons.
/mm mark again to toggle marking off.
Pull and kill. etc.

Basically, it tries to mark each mob that it sees with the highest raid icon that's ever been recorded on that mob that's not already been used for this round of marking (if you put a skull on something but don't mouse over it during /mm mark it will most likely get moved).

The addon also has a rough notion of priority - if mob type A gets a skull every time, while type B only gets a skull if there aren't any As around, then it will note that: priority[skull] = [A, B]. If you mouse over B it will get marked with a skull. If then you mouse over an A, it will see that A's skull priority is higher than B's, and so will unmark B and give the skull to A. Mousing over A first will leave the skull locked onto A. This part hasn't gotten much testing, so I'm curious if there are any corner cases I've missed (still getting the tanks in my guild to install it and get used to using it). Think early beta, though the code is pretty simple, so I hope I haven't flubbed it up too badly. :)

On the todo list is a way to forget everything about a given mob (right now if something gets recorded with incorrect markings, you have to edit the saved vars .lua file). Also, it assumes that if it has a choice between two icons, the higher numbered one is correct (ie. skull before X, tri before moon, etc.). It needs a way for that priority list to be customized.

I'd love to get some feedback on it!

#32 ezweb

ezweb

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:42 AM

I've used this in several raids. It does make marking targets faster, however, it doesn't appear to be saving settings between sessions. Which limits its use. I bound a macro for marking to an easy to reach key, so it's pretty quick to mark once I have them recorded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users