• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1549 replies to this topic

#1541 Noodle

Noodle

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

I am currently trying to rebuild my spreadsheet but I am still quite confused as to how to use spellpower and plus healing (e.g. Earthliving weapon +heal bonus).

Right now what I am trying is the following:
(for purposes of this question please disregard crits and min/max)

Expected value of Healing Wave (HW)

HW = (2285 (base HW avg.) + bonus healing(in paperdoll) * 1.88 (spellpower to healing?) * 0.8571 (healing wave coeff) * 1.2 (tidal waves)) * 1.1 (purification) * 1.18 (3 stacks of healing way)

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#1542 Daidalos

Daidalos

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

I am currently trying to rebuild my spreadsheet but I am still quite confused as to how to use spellpower and plus healing (e.g. Earthliving weapon +heal bonus).

Right now what I am trying is the following:
(for purposes of this question please disregard crits and min/max)

Expected value of Healing Wave (HW)

HW = (2285 (base HW avg.) + bonus healing(in paperdoll) * 1.88 (spellpower to healing?) * 0.8571 (healing wave coeff) * 1.2 (tidal waves)) * 1.1 (purification) * 1.18 (3 stacks of healing way)

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My spreadhsheet is still a work in progress (sorry work has had like melting servers on fire n such lately) but I have the right calcs for LHW and HW just look at my sheet. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Restoration Shaman calculations:http://spreadsheets....0IWv3sPmcYnEJUg

#1543 Noodle

Noodle

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

thank you Daidalos.

feedback on your spreadsheet:

I have looked at your spreadsheet and I have found an error in your healing wave cast time with both builds/gearsets

the talent tree currently states that the effect of TW is to "lower the cast time" of your next LHW or HW.

while the buff that is applied has a tooltip that reads:

"increase your spell haste by 30%..."

the former is incorrect. Testing shows that the TW'd HW is in fact a 1.75 sec cast, corresponding to what would be 143% haste or alternatively, if you simply take the casting time of your HW (t) and the subtract .3(t) you will end up with the actual TW'd cast time of 1.75. I have tested this with several levels of haste. The same applies for LHW.

From what I can tell, TW does not stack multiplicatively with haste rating as BL does.

BL + 10% haste = 143% haste (1.75s)
TW + 10% haste = 1.59s

#1544 Daidalos

Daidalos

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:14 AM

thank you Daidalos.

feedback on your spreadsheet:

I have looked at your spreadsheet and I have found an error in your healing wave cast time with both builds/gearsets

the talent tree currently states that the effect of TW is to "lower the cast time" of your next LHW or HW.

while the buff that is applied has a tooltip that reads:

"increase your spell haste by 30%..."

the former is incorrect. Testing shows that the TW'd HW is in fact a 1.75 sec cast, corresponding to what would be 143% haste or alternatively, if you simply take the casting time of your HW (t) and the subtract .3(t) you will end up with the actual TW'd cast time of 1.75. I have tested this with several levels of haste. The same applies for LHW.

From what I can tell, TW does not stack multiplicatively with haste rating as BL does.

BL + 10% haste = 143% haste (1.75s)
TW + 10% haste = 1.59s

Yeah I was aware of that error sorry I just put that in kinda shooting from the hip before I was sure how it worked. I should have said something about it. I'll try to fix and add to my sheet this weekend.
Restoration Shaman calculations:http://spreadsheets....0IWv3sPmcYnEJUg

#1545 Totemmik

Totemmik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:49 AM

Any ideas and help welcome how to fix this. Is Tidal Force bugged maybe?

Tidal Force is definitely a strange ability. It seems to incur a GCD for other similar activated abilities (Nature's Swiftness) and trinkets, at least that's what I can see at this stage. For that reason, any macro involving Tidal Force must have it listed last, as not to incur the strange GCD and make it impossible to cast NS and a trinket.

#showtooltip Tidal Force
/stopcasting
/use [Insert Trinket of Choice Here]
/stopcasting
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast Tidal Force
/stopcasting
/cast Healing Wave

A macro as above seems to work perfectly fine for me. Give it a go and see how it happens.

#1546 Mandrachalos

Mandrachalos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

Tidal Force is definitely a strange ability. It seems to incur a GCD for other similar activated abilities (Nature's Swiftness) and trinkets, at least that's what I can see at this stage. For that reason, any macro involving Tidal Force must have it listed last, as not to incur the strange GCD and make it impossible to cast NS and a trinket.

#showtooltip Tidal Force
/stopcasting
/use [Insert Trinket of Choice Here]
/stopcasting
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast Tidal Force
/stopcasting
/cast Healing Wave

A macro as above seems to work perfectly fine for me. Give it a go and see how it happens.

Hmh, strange. I got the same problem with this macro. As long as Tidal Force is on CD, it won't cast HW, but tells me "spell not ready" and blocks HW. And that's what I don't understand. Tidal Force might have this GCD issue, but in any case it shouldn't block the spells below in the macro line while on CD imo.
Like I mentioned, NS doesn't have this issue. While NS is on CD, my NS macro just casts HW (in normal cast time) - skipping NS. And I can't "convince" any macro to skip TW while it is on CD. Is there any macro command to ignore a line while that ability is on CD?

#1547 Totemmik

Totemmik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

I daresay it's impossible to 'skip' a line in a macro if that ability is on cooldown. Also, as it stands with its current incarnation, I'm assuming Tidal Force is acting like other casted abilities that have cooldowns. For instance if you have a hypothetical macro, such as

/cast Riptide
/stopcasting
/cast Lesser Healing Wave

Now obviously this macro would never, ever cast the Lesser Healing Wave even if Riptide happened to be on cooldown. I'm not sure, but clicking an ability that isn't ready seems to activate a mini GCD (this may just be that my oceanic ping is attempting to call a GCD before it registers the spells on cooldown) which would disallow the second spell.
I'm of the assumption that the spell isn't actually working as intended, as it can actually be used in macros in conjunction with other abilities, yet has a weird nature that seems to hinder flexibility.

#1548 Mandrachalos

Mandrachalos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:47 AM

That is strange though, if it is the case. Because with Nature's Swiftness it works, like I mentioned. NS on CD does get skipped and doesn't block the following heal.

#1549 Marius

Marius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

At lvl 80:

Healing Wave Rank 14
25% of base mana 40 yd range

3 sec cast
Heals a friendly target for 3034 to 3466.

vs

Greater Heal Rank 9
32% of base mana 40 yd range

3 sec cast
A slow casting spell that heals a single target for 3950 to 4590.

Questions:
1. Do they scale equally, without talents? I assume they do, but assumptions kill.
2. What is the base mana of a lvl 80 priest vs a lvl 80 shaman? How is the mana efficiency comparison without talents? I assume Greater Heal wins, but I also assume shaman base mana is lower than a priest, thus it won't be by such an insanely amount as it might look on first glance.

From what I see, Holy Light beats both anyway.

#1550 malveux

malveux

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:01 AM

Class Base mana value
Druid 3796
Hunter 5046
Mage 3268
Paladin 4394
Priest 3863