• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 dinesh

dinesh

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

I don't think predictive healing will work either, though I am not 100% on that.

#22 xenios

xenios

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

I don't think predictive healing will work either, though I am not 100% on that.

This is correct, predictive healing only works with those who are also running rdx. ie. the total amount of healing being applied to someone, rather than only showing up on those who have rdx. It will always show up for your heals.

---

On a side note, if you where ever interested in trying out rdx but did not have the time / pacentce to set it up, now would be a great time to test it out. There are a few excellent full packages that require zero work to get started.

There are two major full packages (that i know of) that provided everything you would need for any situation.

* Brethren Raid Frames - "A complete package that combines popular styles with simple customizability so everyone will enjoy." (Ya, a shameless plug. But hey it got all the nonbelievers in my guild to switch over, as well as many others. Oh and very handy for those priests out their than feel it was a pain keeping tack of renews on many targets.)

* AF_Raid - Has a good collection of desktops and windows for all classes. Has a nice look to it, and alot of people use it.

And if you don't like these offerings, they offer an excellent base to start with if you wanted to go in your own direction. This has been your public RDX service announcement ;)

#23 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

OpenRDX in few words.

- A powerfull workshop center :

Use the editors to create some UI windows you need. (unitframes, raidframes, auraframes, damagemeterframes ...)

Windows Editor :
- Choose what to show, you, your target, the raid or the target of each member of your raid...
- Use conditions, show only members with damage more than 100000, show only members who has aggro, show members with specific debuff or show only shadow priests...
- Use sort operation, sort by aggro (integration Threatlib 2.0 available), sort by damage, sort by HP ...
- Add some clicks functions
Frames Editor :
- Draw the frame that will be used for each member in the window
- Add many subframes, attach features to your subframes :
Bars : life, mana, cast, aura, xp, faction
Icons : aura, leader, combat, PVP, cooldowns
Texts : nameplates, static, dynamic or custom texts.
- Backdrops, Fonts, Textures editors (integration sharemedia 3.0 available)

- A Database objects :
All yours interfaces and objects are stored in the database
Share InGame elements of your database with yours friends
Use the recovery package to save and to restore packages
Upload OOBE from community users into your database.

- multiple engines, core roster(UID base, name base), combatlog roster(GUID base), encounter monitor
Select and run the windows you have created on your desktop.
Switch desktops, select a desktop for solo, group and raid.
Use the profiler VFL to monitor CPU used of each window.
Omniscience Combat log parser for all OpenRDX modules

The main focus of OpenRDX is :
- Anyone can draw all the windows he wishs
- There is no LUA knowledege required

More Info on OpenRDX web site :
OpenRDX

Core OpenRDX available download under sourceforge.
Version : OpenRDX 6.4.8

A lot of UI windows are available under forum web site.
Upload the OOBE in your database, or use recovery function to restore packages.

--------------------
Stop LUA coding
Just draw it!
OpenRDX
--------------------

The following screens show you what you can draw using OpenRDX

Player frames :

Caith UI OpenRDX version
Posted Image

Cognac_UI
Posted Image

Konyagi_UI
Posted Image

Raid frames :

Aichi's Gridraid
Posted Image

Tiras porah Raidframes
Posted Image

Simple raid frames :
Posted Image

Buff / debuff info
Posted Image

Buff windows
Posted Image

Paladin buff windows
Posted Image

Shaman totem :
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cooldown window :
Posted Image

Multi track windows :
Posted Image

Status windows :
Posted Image

Damage meters windows :
Posted Image

#24 Dollar

Dollar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

The last experience I had with RDX was buying it a few months before Veni discontinued which left a bad taste in my mouth but I kept using it until some patch or other broke it. I am glad to hear that it is still going on though as it was a great tool.
"Oh he's a sad little man? He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?"

#25 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

The best thing about RDX imo was the ability to transmit packages to your raidmates in-game. We pulled 4HM, got some estimates on timers, wiped, and by the time we'd released to our corpses, Veni was transmitting an update, and all we had to do was click Accept on the transmission. When we got to Sapphiron, we copied over the old proximity window from C'thun and used it, until one of our tanks said "try this" and transmitted a window he'd made that used the new raidstatus module to count "people near me" as a statistic, and display people too close and ice blocks in range in a much more compact form that even Veni hadn't anticipated. Everyone switched to the new window in one attempt.

I still use one of the last releases of RDX 6, since it does raid frames and assist windows better than any other mod I've tried, but I think it's misleading to say you don't lose much from RDX if you're the only person using it - you lose sharing packages in-game, which was the most amazing feature you could have when dealing with new content (either new just to your guild, or completely new in the game).

#26 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

There are so many huge features and concepts bring by RDX.

OpenRDX is :
- the most configurable unitframes addons
- the most powerful tools to create addons

No others addons can provide all the stuff like OpenRDX.

The unitframe editor :

Posted Image

I start to convert all the french tutorials to help you to learn OpenRDX.

Let's begin with the first step :

Learn to use the FilterSet Editor click Here

Next step will be the Sort Editor

#27 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

OpenRDX is saving your FPS.

OpenRDX is the most efficient unitframe / raidframe addon.
Even the blizzard default UI is slower than OpenRDX.

Here is the architecture of OpenRDX :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WoWEvents-->| OpenRDX Engine Multiplexer |--> RDXEvents-->| OpenRDX unitframes/raidframes |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the frames OpenRDX use RDXEvents Bind and never WowEvents bind !!!

The Multiplexer engine :
1) Handle "event floods" reasonably, for instance, by throttling the # of repaints per unit time
2) Hand out paintmask IDs on local windows.
3) When an event hits, find the frame(s) associated with the event and update their paintmasks appropriately.
4) Maintain a "default paintmask

Increase the Multiplexer value to increase your FPS under event floods.
Edit your window, select the multiplexer feature to modify it.
By default, the value is 0.075. (I used now 0.2 in all my windows)

Remember to disable all Blizzard UI and other unitframe addon.
Try differents values of multiplexer under PVE.

Now you know what is the multiplexer feature.

#28 Cosa

Cosa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

I am very interested to give a go with rdx and create predefined raid ui for my guildies, however I would love to know which addons are becoming obsolete with RDX.

Thanks in advance.

#29 Marqui

Marqui

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

Being a heavy user of rdx6 since the alpha3 I want to thank sigg12 for keeping up the great work.
(Open)RDX is the only addon I always think that its possibilities is not limited by the addon itself but by my lack of inspiration. Nearly everything I ever wanted to know in an raid environment can be covered by the filterset editor.

however I would love to know which addons are becoming obsolete with RDX.

- basically every unitframe addon (pitbull, grid, aguf, maintank(targets), playertargets, etc)

Furthermore I replaced following addons by rdx windows
- combatlog addons - omniscience does this job very well
- raidstatus addons - you have statistic filters, everything that can be covered by the filterset editor can be converted to something that looks like XRaidStatus.
- buff/debuff info and decursive-style addons
- castbar addons
- bossmods
- lightweight damagemeters (not the funcionality like recount)
- raidleading addons like ora2
My english are like my gear - unique
OpenRDX - the next Revolution

#30 Miaxi

Miaxi

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

RDX can replace Omen, since there is an option to sort bars by threat. You only need the threat library for the underlying functions. RDX can also replace the whole Grid + Clique package with custom frames and click casting.

#31 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

OpenRDX 7 release.
We are proud to announce the 7th version today with Wrath of The Lick King support.

This new version comes with a lot of new features.
We have made this movie to show you this great addon. All What you see are 100% OpenRDX.

Link on filefront

Customizations :
- Unitframe (singleframe, raidframes), Artframe (textures, Actionbar, minimap )...

Easy share user interface :
- User Interface are stored in an OOBE (Out-Of-Box Experience) file.
- A lot of OOBEs created by our community are available for download.
- Update OOBE by sending and receiving files in-game from other OpenRDX users.

OpenRDX is moving to WoWInterface.
Core OpenRDX and OOBEs from our community are available on WoWInterface on this link

Download

Enjoy

#32 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:29 AM

Curse you and your relentless licking, Arthas!

Sigg: I had no idea what RDX could do, thanks for all this. I've been missing such levels of customization since Discord died off.

#33 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

You will found in the following link a description about RDX :

WoWInterface - sigg's Portal

#34 nife

nife

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

I've just started looking at all the things that this can do. And I think that it will be the solution to the problem that no Wowace updater has left us with. One place to get all the stuff that is needed.

#35 Bleuf

Bleuf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

Brilliant, think I've found the replacement for all my current Ace addons.

#36 Intermission

Intermission

Spiral out, keep going

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

I just had a look at a bunch of the user made configurations over at their forums (follow link in WoWI RDX Portal). It is absolutely amazing. They look great, and more importantly can be customised to feel just the way you want for usability. I strongly recommend having a look.

I've been using Pitbull for ages now. I love it to death, however I've had quite a few aura problems with it, and I do suffer a very noticeable performance drop with it in raids (even when using DogTags2.0). OpenRDX claims to be as light weight as oUF, and one of the best performing raid frames around. It also has something called a Multiplexer, that I guess throttles your frame updates to improve your FPS when you need it. I'm not sure how much of that is true, as I havent tried it yet, but I intend to give it a go tomorrow.

Looks promising, especially with the whole WoWAce/Curse crap going on at the moment.

#37 Eucharion

Eucharion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:10 PM

One of the first things I did on the EU servers coming back up yesterday was bin my current UI folders; I typically run with two distinct WoW installs - one for my main UI for raiding and general play, and a second install for building new UIs/testing concepts etc. My main folder received my current UI for on the Beta, and the second UI received OpenRDX. I spent a little time using the user configurations that Intermission refers to, and can second his comment - they are great, and provide an excellent basis for delving into the guts of the framework to see how it all ticks. It should also remove the need for the second folder; hotswappable desktops in RDX allow you to switch between different versions quickly, easily, and without a reload of WoW, before you reach the functionality to have different desktops for solo, idling in an inn, group, raid and pvp.

There is a learning curve with OpenRDX - and it is probably steeper than the Ace addons we are used to, like pitbull, or grid (although each of those hardly qualify as great out of the box experiences, as good as they are), but the sheer scope of what is possible with RDX is phenomenal, and I believe it will allow me to make a UI that is perfectly customised to my requirements (and hopefully, which looks great too!) That I can then package that up as a desktop and get working for my guildies with considerably less difficulty than with the standard compilation method is just a huge and awesome bonus.

#38 yoortyyo

yoortyyo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

First, public thanks to sigg and the others investing their time into RDX.

I got turned onto RDX back in classic as we were clearing ZG (I started late) and moving into MC. It was a paid mod at the time and could do things NOTHING else could. Log parsing, inventory/talent views etc.While time has allowed lots of other mods to do much of what RDX can do, it takes 6 mods to do what this one does.

Indeed RDX can be a bit daunting to begin with, but just download some of the pre done OOBE's and get a feel.

For healers, there is flat nothing better.

Example, I stopped raiding at SSC (babies ftw) and besides a few badge pieces wear mostly t4ish stuff (za and some pvp gear have rounded that gear out). I get invited to multiple guilds (some bt/swp clearing groups) runs when on and htey need help. RDX enables me to keep up with and even beat other healers (similar class / spec) even though they all outgear my toon by a wide margin.

#39 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for yours responses.
You are more and more people who discovering what OpenRDX can do.
I think personnaly that we are entering in a new age of designers people.

Some of our elements need to be improved, the action bar for example. But our goal is clear, we will provide all the elements for you to design an entire UI.

Just a tip, you can activate the debug compilation code to see the generated snippet code of a unitframe with the editor.

#40 Ookie

Ookie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Using one of the premade UIs I no longer have the pet actionbar for my lock. Is there a work around for this? A different mod? Can I get just the default UI pet actionbar to be visible without turning on all of the actionbars?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users