• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 healmuth

healmuth

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:27 AM

Thanks a lot for all the info about RDX. Is there any good pre-made layout available that utilizes the "grid style" as a centerpoint of the layout? I can't seem to dig one up.

P.S.: yes I read about Aichis Gridraid but I cant seem to find any pictures of it.

#42 Dappa

Dappa

Hardcore Orc

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

Posted Image

OpenRDX Fridgid GridFrames : WoWInterface Downloads : OOBE Raidframe
Something like this?

Personally, I've been following the developement of RDX for several years, and the history behind this addon is simply amazing. It's probably the oldest living addon to date which is still maintained.

I hope to see some more OOBE layouts etc coming in version 7, cause it can be really complicated to do.

#43 Gurtogg

Gurtogg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

Using one of the premade UIs I no longer have the pet actionbar for my lock. Is there a work around for this? A different mod? Can I get just the default UI pet actionbar to be visible without turning on all of the actionbars?

I believe this project was put on hold, Sigg wanted to rebuild the Action Bar function from the ground up. For now it'll mean using another addon for pet bars and/or your bars.

Regarding Grid layouts, besides the one listed above you can find others within Brethren Raid Frames, Aichi's, Stardust Grid (aimed at Druid HoT tracking but easily changed if you know RDX a little).

Aichi's Grid (modified somewhat) used to look like >this< although I don't believe he is maintaining it anymore so I can't confirm it's compatability with WotLK.
If by Grid layout you mean condensed square/rectangle form then those are your best bet for the moment, however any raid frame can be turned into a grid format by altering the window parameters. ie >this layout<.

#44 healmuth

healmuth

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

yea, basically I would want something like THIS looking.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you that OpenRDX seems like a real b to setup. I would just like something that "works" not out of the box but with a little customization.

#45 Eucharion

Eucharion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:24 PM

I spent most of last night building my Wrath UI from scratch in OpenRDX, creating unitframes, castbars, buff bars, and have found the learning curve to be fairly smooth with further experience; opening copies of the unitframes included in other OOBEs has been really useful to see how certain things have been set up, and to adapt the ideas held there. You also get a real insight into how you want your UI to perform from building these things from scratch, and I had a great deal of fun doing so, whilst shooting the breeze with guildies in the nervous wait for Wrath to go live.

Hopefully I'll have the OOBE up on WoWInterface before too long; just need to actually test in game my rune options, and put some finishing touches there.

#46 Ookie

Ookie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:35 PM

Thank you Gurtogg. I will agree, once you get over the learning curve using OpenRDX over say Ace is so much nicer. No more constant updates, constant errors and a folder full of 50 addons.

#47 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

OpenRDX 7.2.1 is now available download on WoWInterface.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING -- IMPORTANT

7.2 will drop all your packages by default !!! (if you are upgrading from 7.1 or previous version). Before updating files in your ADDON directory, you must backup your packages RDX.

BACKUP
Use the Recovery tool to backup all your packages.

STOP WOW
DOWNLOAD RDX 7.2 and UPDATE your ADDON directory.

RESTORE
Use the Recovery to restore all your packages.

How to backup ?
Click on the 5th icon of the main panel RDX (Package Manager)
Click on Backup packages
Select All your package and click on the button OK

How to restore ?
Click on the 5th icon of the main panel RDX (Package Manager)
Click on Restore packages
Select All your package and click on the button OK

Enjoy

#48 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hello

The new RDX 8 is available.
We have reached a very important step in our roadmap. All persons who have tested the new version are unanimous, RDX is impressive, incredible.

RDX is a multi user interface addon.
RDX is delivered with 10 themes. A theme is a complete UI (with unitframes, chatframes, action bars, minimap, damage meter and more ...). It is like having spartan ui, mazzle ui and some compilations ui, all installed at the same time! And then in the game you can choose the theme you wish to use. No reload ui required when you switch your theme. More themes are coming soon.

RDX is less CPU usage.
RDX is one single addon which contains only one layout engine, only one roster unit engine, only one combat logger facility. RDX has also a mechanism to slow down the repaint of all RDX windows, very usefull when your UI receive too many events. RDX is a 6 years old addon, every lines of code lua are optimized.

Learn RDX.
RDX is easier to handle by simple gamers who are looking for an Out of the box UI. 5 minutes installation and play immediately with many new UIs. (you will sometimes need to adjust the scale of some frames). All our unitframes have at least three click zones. The health bar, the power bar, and the castbar or the portrait (for example, in arena unitframes, click on the cast bar to interrupted, in raid frames, click on the health bar to heal, click on the power bar to target or open menu, or click on the portrait to decurse etc ...)

RDX is more complicated if you want to create your own theme or to customize an existing one. You will need to learn how to use our IDE. The advantage is that you don't need to learn lua anymore.

Two themes examples.
Olok UI - WoWInterface
Fombeck UI - WoWInterface

I hope you will take 15 minutes to install and enjoy RDX.

Download link:
RDX Raid Data eXchange : OpenRDX: Core : WoWInterface AddOns

Thanks you for reading

#49 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Hello

You will find a description of each theme in the following link:

Themes | RDX

Some themes are availables and some others themes are under construction.

Thanks you

#50 Fnar

Fnar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

This is very interesting, will have a look this evening. Will this replace all my addons, if not is it compatioble with other addons?

#51 sigg12

sigg12

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hello

Thanks Rathadin.

Fnar,

RDX is not managing bags, nor auctions. RDX is only replacing UI addons, except nameplates and scrolling combat text for the moment. But RDX is growing at each new version.

The RDX bossmods is not available yet, but you can customize the boss unitframes.

BTW, you can still use external addons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users