• This topic is locked This topic is locked
843 replies to this topic

#21 s4dfish

s4dfish

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:08 PM

Spell Haste - GCD should make it a much more desirable stat for a lot of builds (FoL Pallys anyone?), looking forward the mass theorycraft changes. Gotta love patch note days.

#22 Snowcrasher

Snowcrasher

Hiro Protagonist

• Guild Members
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:08 PM

Yea I really don't get the point of that change. Set pieces have been going to offspec or destroyed for months now. But we're still farming for the non-set items. It would be much more useful to get a re-slotting of the non-set pieces and an extra non-set slot per boss.

Edit: damn this thread is moving fast. But yes I agree for the guild powering through T5 towards T6 attunement it's a big help. Applying the change to T6 however doesn't really help (as the T6 set items bosses are the final bosses of their respective instances anyway) and just accelerates the current discrepency between T6 set completion and T6 non-set completion time.

#23 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

I hate saying that, but listing changes isn't worth anything without linking the source.
How to get an Android Authenticator on your PC. (updated feb'11)

http://goo.gl/fackr

#24 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

I hate saying that, but listing changes isn't worth anything without linking the source.

WoW Forums -> Forum Index
There ya go.

#25 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Its not meaningless, we've still only had 5 Vanquisher drops from Illidan and we killed him around Oct/Nov I believe.

Not to mention that even if the gear drops were perfectly balanced you would most likely have more of some classes than others, resulting in needing more of one and less of another... oh and you will also more than likely have something in the range of 30+ players to gear up not 25 - can we end this line of useless crap?

Im curious as to if the gems will end up being simply BoP however, Blizzard have a nack for being unspecific and then ending up with not what was expected.

As to people crying about sources, you could expect that the random crap fake stuff tends to be kept on the WoW forums and is not really posted here, or atleast not as its own topic. Maybe you could spend a few mins per day looking at blue trackers, wow boards, mmo-champion, wor, etc to be able to get the evidence you so badly need but are so lazy to find yourselves.

#26 Cadfael

Cadfael

Witch doctors park in gear

•  Patrons
  • 3,819 posts

True, many sites are heavily loaded right now though. Wowblues is gone "too many connections". The sources will follow and I am sure incorporated into the first post

#27 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

They're all from Blizzard posts on the General (US and EU) forums. I won't put anything in the OP that hasn't been specifically substantiated and confirmed. A mess of links and quotes can follow in the 20+ incoming pages.

Frankly I don't know how you non-Nordic people can breed in good conscience.

#28 Evilpig

Evilpig

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

"Maybe being able to use Fear Ward while in Shadow Form would help? Yeah, I like this idea, we'll roll with it in the next patch."

Source

#29 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Priests
Fear Ward castable in shadowform in 2.4

Also, fishing daily:

Anyway, along the lines of fishing we're adding a new daily quest for fishing. Once 2.4 goes live (or once the PTRs are up) you'll want to visit "the mysterious old man" near Silmyr Lake outside of Shattrath. He's sure to offer treasures beyond your wildest dreams... or ramble on about how they had to color their own margarine during the war. Either/Or.

#30 Tower

Tower

King Hippo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Hm, so they balance melee haste rating to be "in line" with magic haste, now they substantially buff magic haste? Would love haste to increase energy regen rate...

#31 Fix

Fix

King Hippo

• Guild Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:12 PM

"What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instantaneous."

Hooray PvP.

#32 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:15 PM

WoW Forums -> Crit rate as Fury

Added to the OP.

#33 Chicken

Chicken

 

• Moderators
  • 3,639 posts

Hm, so they balance melee haste rating to be "in line" with magic haste, now they substantially buff magic haste? Would love haste to increase energy regen rate...

Apples and oranges. It's both haste, but they're both different. Melee haste, unlike spell haste, doesn't increase the rate at which you spend energy for example. Not to mention that there's just a large difference between auto-attacking and using specials and exclusively using specials (Which is the basic difference really between casters and physical dps classes).

There's also the matter that spellhaste is currently useless for classes that are already GCD bound. Tree druids being the most notable.

#34 Nezralix

Nezralix

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Don't be retarded. This is a much needed change to make spell haste useful to a number of classes/specs for whom it just wasn't having any effect, and for no good reason.

#35 Buiden

Buiden

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

Since I've decided there's absolutely no relevant thread I could ever find to throw out this info...

We're making some improvements to the way the looting UI and related functions work in 2.4. These are just a couple of the changes planned.

First when you loot a Bind on Pickup item that only you can pick up (such as Heroic Badges) you'll no longer see the confirmation dialog. One less pop-up to deal with, obviously you want your badges, AMIRITE?

Also when you loot a Bind of Pickup item the confirmation window is going to list the name of the item in the window. You'll be able to identify that you're getting the right items much easier now.

There are a few more but I won't ruin all the surprises.

source: WoW Forums -> Looting UI Changes

#36 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

Dont be stupid? spell haste is USELESS for dot or instant cast classes (Afflic locs, Resto Druids, SPs - to a degree) because the majority of spells are all at the 1.5sec GCD regardless of haste.

This will not really effect much on the casters who already benefit well from this because their spells tend to be all 2.5-3sec casts which will not really have a chance of hitting the 1.5sec cap without majorly ruining your general stats.

#37 s4dfish

s4dfish

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

"What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instantaneous."

Hooray PvP.

The honor grind just got a lot less painful.

#38 Caligula

Caligula

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

WoW Forums -> Looting UI Changes

Since I've decided there's absolutely no relevant thread I could ever find to throw out this info...

We're making some improvements to the way the looting UI and related functions work in 2.4. These are just a couple of the changes planned.

First when you loot a Bind on Pickup item that only you can pick up (such as Heroic Badges) you'll no longer see the confirmation dialog. One less pop-up to deal with, obviously you want your badges, AMIRITE?

Also when you loot a Bind of Pickup item the confirmation window is going to list the name of the item in the window. You'll be able to identify that you're getting the right items much easier now.

There are a few more but I won't ruin all the surprises.

edit: beaten to it...

#39 dwite

dwite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:19 PM

WoW Forums -> Fishing Disappointment
fishing daily's

#40 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:19 PM

edit: beaten to it...

Expect a lot of that today. The communal sigh of relief is put to shame only by the voracity with which every blue snippet will be consumed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users