843 replies to this topic

#41 Copernicus

Copernicus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:19 PM

[首发]2.4补丁最新信息[2/2]

Chinese collection of notes. I'm getting some guildmates to look through it to see if there's anything new. You can babelfish it, of course, for amusing results.

#42 dwite

dwite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:21 PM

WoW Forums -> Summoning Woes?
warlocks can summon to anywhere

#43 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

WoW Forums -> Summoning Woes?
warlocks can summon to anywhere

Read thread. Then post.

#44 Tower

Tower

King Hippo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Dont be stupid? spell haste is USELESS for dot or instant cast classes (Afflic locs, Resto Druids, SPs - to a degree) because the majority of spells are all at the 1.5sec GCD regardless of haste.

This will not really effect much on the casters who already benefit well from this because their spells tend to be all 2.5-3sec casts which will not really have a chance of hitting the 1.5sec cap without majorly ruining your general stats.

And those classes/specs needed itemization buffs? I understand haste rating needs to be useful in near every corner of the PvE area, but now magic haste is just plain more useful for some classes/specs than others. Effectively shifting the imbalance from the usefulness of the stat elsewhere, not balancing it overall.

Not like my argument matters, it's going in.

#45 dwite

dwite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

Read thread. Then post.

noticed it wasn't listed as a warlock change on the OP, forgive me :(

edit: spelling

#46 Sirloin

Sirloin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

Speculation: With token bosses dropping three of each now, there could be a chance that they won't be random anymore, and will just be one of each token every time, which would be nice (AQ Style).
My Steam Profile (Aether) Cherish the difference between 58° and 59°.

#47 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

And those classes/specs needed itemization buffs? I understand haste rating needs to be useful in near every corner of the PvE area, but now magic haste is just plain more useful for some classes/specs than others. Effectively shifting the imbalance from the usefulness of the stat elsewhere, not balancing it overall.

Okay, wait - it was good for some people and useless for others, and now it's useful (in varying degrees) for everyone. This is a bad change, how?

Frankly I don't know how you non-Nordic people can breed in good conscience.

#48 Benegesserit

Benegesserit

Banned

• Banned
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

I believe the spell haste change with be a huge benefit with the heroism/bloodlust buffs previously having "no" affect on certain spells.

#49 Caligula

Caligula

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Did you seriously just insinuate that shadow priests and affliction locks do not need itemization buffs? Really? When was the last time you heard an aff lock or shadow priest say "Man I'm so glad we scale so well and our itemization is so good" (Hint: It was when FSW set was the best we could get)? I mean you're also suggesting that this will shift the usefulness of spell haste. The classes that use spell haste now don't have to worry about hitting the GCD because the cast times of their spells are 2.5s or more.

I'm just sad I haven't collected more haste gear.

#50 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

Blizzard is adding links to many changes here:

WoW Forums -> Warcraft Weekly - 01/30/08

#51 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4054 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

Speculation: With token bosses dropping three of each now, there could be a chance that they won't be random anymore, and will just be one of each token every time, which would be nice (AQ Style).

AQ is so old that I forgot, ignore this part ;<

But its a nice point, having one of each drop every week would reduce a fair chunk of the randomness which is so complained about on PvE vs PvP loot (which would mean so much less Paladin offspec loot, always good for us!).
I doubt they will go that far into usefulness however.

#52 the KRIS

the KRIS

is dead

• Members
  • 1153 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

Hmmn, i hope them making a mirror of this thread doesn't mean they're done for the day.

#53 Lookit

Lookit

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:31 PM

I'm surprised they're removing diminishing returns on HK's, but pleased. This is going to seriously change the face of pvp, both in and out of Battlegrounds. I'll definitely expect a slight increase in the frequency of Field of Strife meatgrinds, but the larger effect will be on the smaller BG's where HK honor is less diluted between players. This may turn WSG into de facto Slayer/Deathmatch, with flags as a secondary focus.

Regardless of whether this change will overall promote positive or negative player behavior, BG's needed a huge shot in the arm, and this manages that for the time being. I'm stoked.

#54 Copernicus

Copernicus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

[首发]2.4补丁最新信息[2/2]

Chinese collection of notes. I'm getting some guildmates to look through it to see if there's anything new. You can babelfish it, of course, for amusing results.

-Characters will now retain the ranks learned previously through talents. When you respec you will not have to retrain the different ranks of the spell.

-Druid : lacerate (i think it is lascerate, not good with proper names in chinese): this skill will now scale with druid's attack power

-Mage : Spell steal will no longer stack effects that increase with time (huh?)

-Warrior : Berserker rage ( think, need verification) will now increase the rage

-pvp : stealth detection now increases damage taken by 5% instead of a DOT, duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21 sec)

-Blue PvP level 70 items can are now on rep vendors (huh?)
-one of the pvp sets for Paladins is being readjusted and will show dps increase (assume protection)

#55 Vema

Vema

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

I dont get the AQ style ref, there was always 3 tokens that could drop no?

AQ40 bosses dropped 2 tokens, one of which covered 4 classes, one of which covered shaman/paladin and remaining. Every kill of a boss with tokens provided a token that every class could use.

#56 Chicken

Chicken

 

• Moderators
  • 3639 posts

I dont get the AQ style ref, there was always 3 tokens that could drop no?
But its a nice point, having one of each drop every week would reduce a fair chunk of the randomness which is so complained about on PvE vs PvP loot (which would mean so much less Paladin offspec loot, always good for us!).
I doubt they will go that far into usefulness however.

AQ40 had two token types, one suited for four classes, the other for five. The one for five had both Shamans and Paladins on it however, and the bosses that dropped the tokens always dropped both the token types.

#57 Hop

Hop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

The fix in 2.4 should have Endless Rage provide significantly more rage.

Source

#58 Natural

Natural

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

I'm surprised they're removing diminishing returns on HK's, but pleased. This is going to seriously change the face of pvp, both in and out of Battlegrounds. I'll definitely expect a slight increase in the frequency of Field of Strife meatgrinds, but the larger effect will be on the smaller BG's where HK honor is less diluted between players. This may turn WSG into de facto Slayer/Deathmatch, with flags as a secondary focus.

Regardless of whether this change will overall promote positive or negative player behavior, BG's needed a huge shot in the arm, and this manages that for the time being. I'm stoked.

Expect a limit to the # of honorable kills for each enemy in the battleground (but it won't be too stringent).

#59 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

-Characters will now retain the ranks learned previously through talents. When you respec you will not have to retrain the different ranks of the spell.

-Druid : lacerate (i think it is lascerate, not good with proper names in chinese): this skill will now scale with druid's attack power

-Mage : Spell steal will no longer stack effects that increase with time (huh?)

-Warrior : Berserker rage ( think, need verification) will now increase the rage

-pvp : stealth detection now increases damage taken by 5% instead of a DOT, duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21 sec)

-Blue PvP level 70 items can are now on rep vendors (huh?)
-one of the pvp sets for Paladins is being readjusted and will show dps increase (assume protection)

Try to confirm these a tad better. The spell rank change is pretty obvious.

#60 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:35 PM

Expect a limit to the # of honorable kills for each enemy in the battleground (but it won't be too stringent).

50 deaths per person, previously announced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users