• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#1 Fulnir

Fulnir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

This thread is dedicated to sharing your personal DogTags. I myself am a noob when it comes to Dogtags. I don't understand the language/code/whatever, but I do appreciate what you can do with it if you know what you're doing. Therefor I was hoping people could use this thread to share your own awesome Dogtags. Doesn't matter if it's for Pitbull, Cowtip, Parrot or something else entirely.
I must admit I have nothing to share, I use standard only or I've taken two original Dogtags and fusioned them together, not exactly rocket science.. The goal of this thread is to find some brilliant tag which will make my WoW experience even better, hopefully others' as well.
So please, share the Tags'!

#2 Crysli

Crysli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

I use this one for my party frames:

[Outline][HasCurseDebuff?Name:Color(11cc11)!HasPoisonDebuff?Name:Green!HasDiseaseDebuff?Name:Color(1111cc)!Name]

Not sure if it's the exact syntax, but you get the idea.

Edit with example:
I have Phil in my party.

Phil
- this is Phil when he's perfectly fine.
Phil - This is Phil when he has a curse on him.
Phil - This is Phil when he's poisoned.
Phil - This is Phil with a disease.

#3 Guest_Ajuga_*

Guest_Ajuga_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Post a pic along with your DogTag, please! Or at least some sort of example text of what it would look like. ;)

#4 Jitka

Jitka

Bless me, Father. I ate a lizard.

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

Here's cowtip:

Line1: [IsPlayer ? [CanAttack ? Name:HostileColor ! Name:ClassColor] ! IsPet? [CanAttack ? Name:HostileColor ! Name] ! [Status ? Name:StatusColor ! Name:HostileColor]][Realm:Prepend(-)] [Target ? Text(:)] [IsPlayer#mouseovertarget ? IsUnit#player(MouseOverTarget) ? Text(YOU):Bracket:Fuchsia ! Target:ClassColor#mouseovertarget ! Target:HostileColor#mouseovertarget]
Line2: [Guild?Text([Guild:IsEqual([Guild#player])?Color(0076EC)!Green][Guild])]
Line3: [Status ? StatusColor ! [CanAttack ? DifficultyColor] ][Classification:Contains(Boss)?Text(Level 73)!Level:Prepend(Level )] [Classification] [~Status ? Color(FEF2C5)][SmartRace:Hide(Not specified):Hide(Unknown)][SmartRace:Contains(Not specified) ? Text(Creature)] [TalentSpec ? TalentTree:Hide(None):ClassColor] [~Status ? ClassColor][PlayerClass]
Line4: [~IsPlayerOrPet?Faction:Hide(Alliance):Hide(Horde):HostileColor]
Line5: [IsPlayer?PvP:Red] [~IsPlayer?Status:StatusColor!Status] [AFKDND]
Line6: [Zone]

And what I use in a version of AGuf modified to use dogtags:

Target/Focus frames
Name: [IsPlayer?Name:ClassColor!Name][AFKDND:Prepend( is ):Color(FEF2C5)]
HP: [Status][~Status?IsMaxHP?IsFriend?SureHP?CurHP:Short!PercentHP:Percent][~Status?~IsMaxHP?IsFriend?SureHP?SmartMissingHP:Color(ff7f7f)!PercentHP:Percent][~Status?IsEnemy?SureHP?CurHP:Short][~Status?IsEnemy?~IsMaxHP?SureHP?PercentHP:Percent:Prepend( || )][~Status?IsEnemy?~SureHP?PercentHP:Percent]
Power: [~Status?IsMana?[IsMaxMP?MaxMP:Short!CurMP:Short]!IsRage?CurMP:Hide(0)!CurMP:Short]
Class: [CanAttack ? DifficultyColor] [Classification:Contains(Boss)?Text(73)!Level] [Classification] [Color(FEF2C5)][SmartRace:Hide(Not specified):Hide(Unknown)][SmartRace:Contains(Not specified)?Text(Creature)] [PlayerClass:ClassColor]

Player/Party frames
Name: [Name:ClassColor]
HP: [AFKDND:Color(FEF2C5)][Status][~Status?SureHP?SmartMissingHP:Color(ff7f7f)]
Power: [~Status?IsMana?MissingMP:Hide(0):Negate:Color(87CEFF)] [~Status?IsRage?CurMP:Hide(0):Short!CurMP:Hide([MaxMP]):Short:Paren]
Class: [Classification] [Level] [SmartClass:ClassColor] [DruidForm:Paren]

That debuff coloring idea above is neat, I'm going to have to take a look at that.

Edit again: added back the boss level code since it's not working again.

#5 m1rado

m1rado

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

I'm trying to get parrot to tell me how many stacks of Deadly Poison are on the target when a Combo point is gained, but using [NumAura(Deadly Poison VII)] does nothing, any tips?

Also, trying to add my HP% to incoming heals / hots / damage, and add my target's hp% on my outgoing skill damage.

However, just adding in things like [PercentHP] to the tag field does nothing but show the text [PercentHP]

#6 Margot

Margot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

And what I use in a version of AGuf modified to use dogtags

Where can I get this AGUF version? That would be great!

Dogtags I use:

[PvPRank:Contains(of) ? Text([NameRealm:HostileColor][PvPRank]) ! Text([PvPRank] [NameRealm:HostileColor])] <- this gets Champion of the Naaru and Hand of A'dal titles in the right place

[GuildRank:Append( of )][Guild:Angle] <- self explanatory, if GuildRank exists, append " of "

[Classification:Contains(Boss):Red | Text([Level][ShortClassification:Upper]):DifficultyColor] [SmartRace:HideContains(specified) | Text(Creature)]

This last one just gets all my pet peeves handled. Example outputs:

73+ Creature
70R+ Elemental
70 Raptor
Boss Humanoid

#7 Bridonna

Bridonna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

I use dogtags to replace the Aura module of pitbull (since it causes me to lag). I've got all hots/short duration buffs tracked, as well as debuffs I can cure. I use this on all frames (target/self/party/pet etc).

[Outline][HasAura(Power Word: Shield)?Text(.):Cyan][HasAura(Prayer of Mending)?Text(.):Yellow][HasAura(Renew)?Text(.):Green][HasMagicDebuff?Text(.):Red][HasDiseaseDebuff?Text(.):Blue]

I also use a dogtag to show my target of targets name, so I don't have to have a separate bar for that unit.

[Outline][Name#targettarget:ClassColor#targettarget]  [PercentHP#targettarget:ClassColor#targettarget]

Posted Image

I use similar tags for buffs that I don't want to dispell, like Unstable Affliction, as well as debuff I need to know about even if I can't dispell.

#8 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

So those tags are showing up as the little "dots" on your unit frame?

#9 Eucharion

Eucharion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

[Outline][HasAura(Power Word: Shield)?Text(.):Cyan]

From my limited understanding of DogTags, that would be right - the ?Text(.) bit means it is a period coloured the appropriate colour. I would imagine you could replace the (.) with (a) or (pws) or whatever you wanted.

(e) This is actually rather brilliant, and I'll probably be stealing this concept for my own UI. Does anyone know if custom characters such as © or ½ work in DogTags?

#10 Bridonna

Bridonna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:09 AM

Yup, that's how it works. I originally did it with letters (S for Shield, R for renew, P for ProM, etc) but saw someone else change it to periods to make dots. I just scale the text up real large to make it readable.

#11 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10089 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:07 AM

Yup, that's how it works. I originally did it with letters (S for Shield, R for renew, P for ProM, etc) but saw someone else change it to periods to make dots. I just scale the text up real large to make it readable.

I currently use a version of this to show Mark (M) and Thorns (T) on my raid frames, colored Green if they have it, Red if they don't. I did the same for my player frame (and cleared out everything but the 'empty space' bar) to show the first letter of all of the buffs I consider necessary in a raid, I.E.
[HasAura(Well Fed)?Text(F):Green!Text(F):Red] (Food)
[[HasAura(Adept's Elixir):HasAura(Unstable Flask of the Sorcerer)]?Text(B):Green!Text(B)Red] (Battle Elixir)
[[HasAura(Elixir of Draenic Wisdom):HasAura(Unstable Flask of the Sorcerer)]?Text(G):Green!Text(G)Red] (Guardian Elixir)
etc. with:
M (Mark/Gift)
T (Thorns)
F (Fort)
S (Spirit)
I (Int/Brilliance)
W (Wisdom)
S (Salv)
K (Kings)

Made it really easy to see if I personally was fully buffed before a boss (though no qualifications about time left on the buffs), and had the added advantage of keeping my buff bars down to only procs and similar short-term effects that I cared about, as I used EBB to filter anything I had marked out.

As a side note, would it be possible to get a similar effect, that of a bordered semi-transparent panel with text markings corresponding to my buffs, out of a simple EEpanels script? On my current UI I use the player UF in a different way, but would love to get this functionality back, even if it's not clickable.

#12 finduluin

finduluin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

I'm trying to get parrot to tell me how many stacks of Deadly Poison are on the target when a Combo point is gained, but using [NumAura(Deadly Poison VII)] does nothing, any tips?

DogTag I'm using on target's :
[IsEnergy#player ? Combos:HideZero:Color(ffff00)]||[HasAura(Deadly Poison VII) ? NumAura(Deadly Poison VII):HideZero:Green]||[HasAura(Wound Poison V) ? NumAura(Wound Poison V):HideZero:Red]

The Wound Poison part is not working atm, perhaps I'm using the wrong sort of Wound Poison ;)

Screenshot is Detailed_UF on Curse (link in my sign)

Also, trying to add my HP% to incoming heals / hots / damage, and add my target's hp% on my outgoing skill damage.

However, just adding in things like [PercentHP] to the tag field does nothing but show the text [PercentHP]

Kinda weird to do that and I think too much, no ?

#13 Chicken

Chicken

 

•  Benefactors
  • 3639 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

The debuff for Wound Poison is just plain called "Wound Poison", no Roman numerals included. Presumably because every single rank of the poison has the same healing reduction effect.

#14 Led ++

Led ++

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

I used to use dots for it ;)
http://thepiratebootybay.com/ THE best Addon site out there!

#15 Eucharion

Eucharion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

(e) This is actually rather brilliant, and I'll probably be stealing this concept for my own UI. Does anyone know if custom characters such as © or ½ work in DogTags?

Yeah, quoting myself. /golfclap away.

Anyway, yes, custom characters do appear to work in the text part - at least, if they appear in the font that you are using. So far I've had mixed results; anything with an Alt+xxxx code was working for me last night (so ™, ², ½ etc), but I couldn't get ♥ to work (by copying and pasting from character map). As soon as I can work out which font it is I'm actually using in my UI, I'll test some more to see if these types of characters can be used. Will post some of the DogTag experiments I've been working on into this post later.

#16 chaud

chaud

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

[IsPlayer ? TalentTree] [IsPlayer ? TalentSpec:Prepend( - )]
Posted Image

Nice to have for World PvP and Battlegrounds.

#17 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

Are talents available for all players? I thought this was some sort of strange thing with the Rock framework that allowed cross faction talents to show up. (Or is this a side effect of Blizz adding the talent tree to the inspect window that I missed out on?)

#18 chaud

chaud

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Talents are available for all players, not sure if it is intended.

NotifyInspect() does not check faction according to this bug report. As far as I know, it is still working correctly on the 2.4 PTR, so they haven't fixed it yet. I wasn't able to find a blue post about it after a quick search.

#19 Nadiar

Nadiar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

It was added by Blizzard, I believe you could create a macro to pull the data for you as well. In 2.4 they're adding the ability to inspect the gear of opposing alliance characters, so it seems intentional.

I have almost the exact same thing on my unit frames.
[TalentSpec?Text([TalentTree] ([TalentSpec]))]

I've recently started using a Portrait containing name, level, class, and spec.

I've been thinking about using the "dot" concept from above to replace my target of target window, I'm just trying to decide if the minor efficiency increase from replacing a PitBull_FullBar is worth the loss in interactivity

#20 Malakhi

Malakhi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

Been directed to here, am currently using debuffcounter but it is out of date and does not always work.

Would like to add a tag that displays the number of debuffs on a mob, preferably just above righthand corner of target frame. Knowing nothing about dogtags, where would I put the tag? I use pitbull for my target frames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users