• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#21 Houseplant

Houseplant

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

Would it be possible to color my character's name according to whether or not stealth is ready?

Posted Image

#22 Beska

Beska

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

The tags are, from top to bottom:

[NameRealm:HostileColor] [LeaderShort:Paren]
[Guild = Guild#player] ? Green][Guild:HostileColor] [GuildRank:Paren:HostileColor]
[Level:DifficultyColor][Plus:DifficultyColor] [Classification:DifficultyColor] [SmartRace] [TalentTree:Paren:Gray] [PlayerClass:ClassColor]
[Zone]
[Status:StatusColor]
[~IsPlayerOrPet ? Faction]
[GuildNote ? Text("):Gray][GuildNote:Gray][GuildNote ? Text("):Gray]

#23 vaff

vaff

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

[Outline][InCombat ? [ [ [HasAura(Polymorph) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) <= 10] ? [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) > 5] ? [Text(10 sec on sheep):Yellow:Angle | [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) <= 5] ? Text(Sheep running out!):Yellow:Angle] ] ] ! Text(Resheep):Red:Angle] | [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) > 10 ? ~Dead ? Text(Sheep Fine):Green:Angle] ] ]

Cant really get this to run... I got it on my focus target... I wanted a warning/timer on the unitframe instead of installing a addon for the sole purpose of showing sheep timers.

To explain: I set focus target on my sheeps via a macro, to make it not show all the time i set it to only write, the text, when im in combat. When target is sheeped it should write "Sheep fine". When it gets to 10 sec it should give first warning "10 sec on sheep". When it gets to 5 sec left its should give second warning "Sheep running out!". If sheep is broken or time just runs out is should say "Resheep". When target is dead i had it write "Dead - Clear focus". I removed that since it wasnt working either. But would be a nice feature.

#24 Jaizha

Jaizha

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

Been directed to here, am currently using debuffcounter but it is out of date and does not always work.

Would like to add a tag that displays the number of debuffs on a mob, preferably just above righthand corner of target frame. Knowing nothing about dogtags, where would I put the tag? I use pitbull for my target frames.

The DogTag to show a debuff count is [NumDebuffs]. Note that this will appear for all targets, friendly or hostile. The tag I use is [[Classification = Text(Boss)] ? NumDebuffs:HideZero], which ensures I only see the tag when I target a boss that has at least one debuff.

You can create new text areas for tags under Target->Texts->Other. Once you've created the text area, select it from Texts, and there should be an option to input your tag and select its position. (I think "Outside - Top Right" of the frame may be closest to where you want it to show.)

#25 Eucharion

Eucharion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:07 AM

[Outline][InCombat ? [ [ [HasAura(Polymorph) ? [ [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) <= 10] ? [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) > 5] ? [Text(10 sec on sheep):Yellow:Angle | [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) <= 5] ? Text(Sheep running out!):Yellow:Angle] ] ] ! Text(Resheep):Red:Angle] | [AuraTimeLeft(Polymorph) > 10 ? ~Dead ? Text(Sheep Fine):Green:Angle] ] ]

Cant really get this to run... I got it on my focus target... I wanted a warning/timer on the unitframe instead of installing a addon for the sole purpose of showing sheep timers.

To explain: I set focus target on my sheeps via a macro, to make it not show all the time i set it to only write, the text, when im in combat. When target is sheeped it should write "Sheep fine". When it gets to 10 sec it should give first warning "10 sec on sheep". When it gets to 5 sec left its should give second warning "Sheep running out!". If sheep is broken or time just runs out is should say "Resheep". When target is dead i had it write "Dead - Clear focus". I removed that since it wasnt working either. But would be a nice feature.

I've managed to get bits of it working, should have an answer for you in shortly, will edit it in.

[e] Got it working perfectly, I think. Including the if Dead, put message to clear focus bit. Hope that is what you are looking for.

[Outline][HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 10] ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 5] ? [Text(10 sec on sheep):Angle:Yellow] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 5] ? [Text(Sheep running out!):Angle:Cyan] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 10] ? [~Dead ? Text(Sheep Fine):Angle:Green] ][~HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [~Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Resheep!):Angle:Red] ] ][Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Dead - Clear Focus):Angle:Gray] ]

Posted Image

#26 furia-

furia-

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:40 AM

I was wonder if it was possible to use dogtags with x-perl frames? and if so how.

#27 vaff

vaff

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:08 AM

I've managed to get bits of it working, should have an answer for you in shortly, will edit it in.

[e] Got it working perfectly, I think. Including the if Dead, put message to clear focus bit. Hope that is what you are looking for.

Thx, Looking good, I'll surely use it, and I hope other people can use it also.

----

Decided to post some of the dog tags I use:
Health:
[Outline][Status][~Status ? [IsMana ? [CurMP:Short:Append( × )] ! [IsRage ? CurMP:Hide(0):Append( × ) ! CurMP:Short:Append( × )] ] ][~Status ? IsFriend ? [SureHP ? [Text([CurHP:Short] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ][~Status ? IsEnemy ? [SureHP ? [Text([CurHP:Short] × [PercentHP:Percent])] ! PercentHP:Percent] ]
I tried to put as much info into one line as i could: First number is mana/rage/energy (rage is hidden if 0), Next its health(if mobhealth knows it, else its hidden). Then its Health%.

Name:
[Outline][Classification:Append(.)][Level:DifficultyColor][IsPlayer ? Name:ClassColor:Prepend(.) ! Name:Prepend(.)][AFKDND:Prepend( is ):Color(FEF2C5)]
Same here: So its Classification,lvl,Name(classcolored if player) and afk/dnd

Looks something like this.
Posted Image

#28 McInaction

McInaction

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

That's absolutely amazing. Thank you very much I'm going to go try this out with various debuffs on my hunter.

If you need a shot macro to hold your hand then you are probably on the wrong forums.

#29 Sajukar

Sajukar

King Hippo

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

Here are a few that I use at the moment on my target unitframe:

Name - Displays the target name, their status when you mouseover the frame and displays whether or not the target's a boss (while we're on this topic, is there any better dogtag method of checking if the target's a boss?)
[Name] [IsMouseOver ? AFKDND:Angle] [Classification:Contains(Boss) ? Text(Boss):Paren:Gray]

Spec - Displays the target's talents.
[IsPlayer ? IsEnemy ? TalentTree] [IsPlayer ? IsEnemy ? TalentSpec:Prepend( - )]

Debuffs (I have this tag showing in a blank bar on Pitbull) - If the target's in combat, lists what tank damage mitigation and melee damage increasing debuffs the target has currently, shows -TC when there's no thunderclap present, -CoR when there's no Curse of Recklessness present, etc. (Supports TC, DS, CoR, FF, FF (Feral) and SA. I'm also currently thinking of adding a check if the target's a boss or not since some of this data is kinda useless on trash mobs)
[Outline][CanAttack ? InCombat ? [HasAura(Thunder Clap) ? Text() ! Text(-TC):Red] ]  [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Demoralizing Shout) ? Text() ! Text(-DS):Red] ] ]  [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Blood Frenzy) ? Text() ! Text(-BF):Red] ] ]  [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Faerie Fire) | HasAura(Faerie Fire (Feral)) ? Text() ! Text(-FF):Red] ] ] [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Curse of Recklessness) ? Text() ! Text(-CoR):Red] ] ] [CanAttack ? [InCombat ? [HasAura(Sunder Armor) ? Text() ! Text(-SA):Red] ] ]

#30 Dietrich

Dietrich

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

This thread is incredible. I never thought about how useful dogtag can be. I'm going to have to re-do my entire interface now.

NB- Dogtag works with Aloft. Just brain food for the minimalists out there.

#31 Holeman

Holeman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

how do these dog tags work i'm really liking the poly and show spec ones

[Outline][HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 10] ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 5] ? [Text(10 sec on sheep):Angle:Yellow] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) <= 5] ? [Text(Sheep running out!):Angle:Cyan] ] [HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [AuraTimeLeft#focus(Polymorph) > 10] ? [~Dead ? Text(Sheep Fine):Angle:Green] ][~HasAura#focus(Polymorph) ? [~Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Resheep!):Angle:Red] ] ][Dead ? [InCombat#player ? Text(Dead - Clear Focus):Angle:Gray] ]

Posted Image

[IsPlayer ? TalentTree] [IsPlayer ? TalentSpec:Prepend( - )]
Posted Image

Nice to have for World PvP and Battlegrounds.

#32 finduluin

finduluin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

This thread is incredible. I never thought about how useful dogtag can be. I'm going to have to re-do my entire interface now.

Aloft uses too much memory for my taste. But yes, DogTags can do many things in a single line ;)
Save a forum,
Read a post-it.

Finduluin UI@Curse.com

#33 Sajukar

Sajukar

King Hippo

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

Is it just me or do text size modifiers like Abbreviate and Trunc not work on Aloft tags? I can't seem to get [Name:Trunc(15)] working (keeps saying "Invalid Tag").

#34 borbes

borbes

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

I did something similar to the sheeping one with threat. Basically, I wanted a threat indicator on the target frame instead of the player frame. Since I never need to know the mana of NPC's, and I never need to know the threat of PC's, I did this:

[~IsPlayer ? [PercentThreat < 75 ? [MaxThreat:White:Prepend([Threat]/)] ] ][~IsPlayer ? [PercentThreat >= 75 < 90 ? [MaxThreat:Yellow:Prepend([Threat]/)] ] ][~IsPlayer ? [PercentThreat >= 90 ? [MaxThreat:Red:Prepend([Threat]/)] ] ][IsPlayer ? ~HasNoMP ? FractionalMP]

What it will do show mana as a fraction (ie 5446/10013) if it's a player, or threat that changes color at certain percentages if it's a mob.

#35 Delita

Delita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

A couple of Tags I have been wondering about recently, the in combat tag that recolours a persons frame based on combat isn't really useful in a raid, so I was wondering if on certain encounters based on big wigs warnings if a mod like pitbull could tell you for example who was below 8500 health for najentus, below 3000 mana for Kaz'rogal and innervates in general and a scrolling left to right transparency for potion cooldown monitoring and maybe a blow up like Big Wigs does to timers when certain people reach certain thresholds of threat and mana pool values.

I'm not sure all of this is accomplishable with tags, but some of it should be, like recolouring a unit frame or changing the size of a unit frame once a certain number has been reached.

#36 Malakhi

Malakhi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

This thread is very helpful.

There are many fights where establishing a range can be very useful.

What I want to do is use a dogtag on my target and focus frames to display range. Is this possible?. I had a look through the help info for dogtags on pitbull,and I see that Range is a valid tag. But the best I can get it to display is a "+". Is there a way to display range as a live number or is the best I can do rough estimates eg 20-30yrds etc.

#37 Delita

Delita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:27 AM

if there's a range checker for skills on your target, I'm sure you can display the range on your focus target etc.

#38 Cyn

Cyn

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:45 AM

Currently all range checkers work off the principle of inherently knowing the range you can do a certain thing, and whether you can do it. Whether this is simple details such as whether the blizzard interface tells you, that you are out of range with a certain ability, or things such as inspect range etc. I'm fairly certain explicit distances are never reported. Whether dogtags/ace has a standard method of determining a range that the distance is currently within or not, i don't know

#39 Delita

Delita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:09 AM

Enhancer is a shaman mod that displays how far you are away from your totems, and in green says if you're in range, and red out of range, and this takes into account your talent spec, so there is a way, I just don't know it.

#40 Midnight

Midnight

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

(...)

Does this only work when you´re the one who casts the poly or can I as a hunter for example use this too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users