• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#41 Eucharion

Eucharion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

Should work for all classes, as it is checking if the focus target has the polymorph aura (so for Arena, all members of the team could have the tag enabled, and could communicate to the mage to repoly if they didn't spot it themselves, or cc the focus target themselves in some other way).

The in combat check is a little screwy when the focus target is the only target you are in combat with (as poly'ing them doesn't enter you into combat until the poly breaks), but this isn't a huge issue for most situations.

#42 Howard Roark

Howard Roark

Banned

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Talents are available for all players, not sure if it is intended.

NotifyInspect() does not check faction according to this bug report. As far as I know, it is still working correctly on the 2.4 PTR, so they haven't fixed it yet. I wasn't able to find a blue post about it after a quick search.

I noticed that post mentioned you could see someone's armor. This may be a dumb question, but would it be possible to show someone's stats as well? Like maybe just resilience?

#43 Lionus

Lionus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

DogTags seem to provide handy features that i never heared of. I would like to implement some of these features in my own UI. Unfortunately i have no idea how to start. Could someone push me in the right direction please? i.e. where to put the code, or where i can find a tutorial. Much appreciated.

#44 Margot

Margot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Lionus, any addon you have that uses Dogtags will have the editing available to your somewhere in its configuration. Mainly, if you use Pitbull, Cowtip, IceHUD, or mHud, you can customize them with the tips in this thread.

Edit: Aloft and Assessment don't use Dogtags, they use a common TagCompiler library (and thereby syntax), but have have their own mod-specific tags.

#45 Lionus

Lionus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hmm, i probably have an older version of pitbull. Will update tonight. I thought i needed to do .lua editing for this.
Thanks for your answer.

#46 Joetest

Joetest

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

Does the mod developer have to create support ofr Dogtags for his addon in order for users to add in strings etc? if so, is there a list out there of all the addons that support Dogtags?

#47 Dietrich

Dietrich

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

Enhancer is a shaman mod that displays how far you are away from your totems, and in green says if you're in range, and red out of range, and this takes into account your talent spec, so there is a way, I just don't know it.

Enhancer tracks your x,y,z location when you drop your totem and your current x,y,z location. Since totems don't move (unlike mobs and players), this is a workable solution.

#48 Joetest

Joetest

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

if you actually want to read into an addon that does distance and ranges very well for every class etc you may want to check out Distance2. I'm sure somewhere in there you can find something to tie into to list ranges with dogtags.

#49 Shinwei

Shinwei

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone know how to remove the time display from the AFK and DND dogtags?

e.g. I want my Pitbull frames to display if someone is AFK or DND or Dead or Ghost status but I don't want to know how long they've been that way because it takes up too much space.

#50 clairecakes

clairecakes

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

e.g. I want my Pitbull frames to display if someone is AFK or DND or Dead or Ghost status but I don't want to know how long they've been that way because it takes up too much space.

[AFKDND]

instead of

[AFKDND:Angle]

#51 vaff

vaff

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

[AFKDND]

instead of

[AFKDND:Angle]

Hmn no, that doesnt change it .... that would just make it look like this xx <afk x.xx> instead of xx af x.xx

#52 Delita

Delita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

Try truncating the AFKDND tag to 3 letters.

#53 Guest_Ajuga_*

Guest_Ajuga_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

[Dead?Text(Dead)!Offline?Text(Offline)!AFK?Text(AFk)]

Copied off of Caithlyn's UI - just add DND to it.

#54 Balroy

Balroy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

Is there anyway to -delete- dogtags that your not using? All i can find is the "enable" option, anyone know how to delete the ones you dont want?

#55 finduluin

finduluin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

Is there anyway to -delete- dogtags that your not using? All i can find is the "enable" option, anyone know how to delete the ones you dont want?

- delete the DogTag line or the part you don't want;
- uncheck 'enable' to disable the DogTag.
- or be clearer on what you want to ask.
Save a forum,
Read a post-it.

Finduluin UI@Curse.com

#56 Malag

Malag

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Is it possible to do something like:

[HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) and HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude) = false ? Text(F):White]

?

Of course, I can't get this line to work... but maybe there's something cool I've overlooked.
And yeah, it's for tracking missing debuffs across a raid/party.

#57 Beska

Beska

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Is it possible to do something like:

[HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) and HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude) = false ? Text(F):White]

?

Of course, I can't get this line to work... but maybe there's something cool I've overlooked.
And yeah, it's for tracking missing debuffs across a raid/party.

I use this following code that does the same thing for Arcane Intellect:

[IsMana ? ~Status ? ~HasAura(Arcane Intellect) ? ~HasAura(Arcane Brilliance) ? Text(Int):Color(99ccff)]

It shows "Int" when a target DOESN'T have Arcane Int/Brilliance, I find it more clearer. For you wanting "F" to show when somebody does have the buff, it'll look something like:

[~Status ? HasAura(Power Word: Fortitude) ? HasAura(Prayer of Fortitude) ? Text(F):Color(ffffff)]

#58 Malag

Malag

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

Thank you Beska, much love and happiness :)

And yeah, I did want it to show only when the buff was not present (hence the 'false' I tried to squeeze in, hehe)

#59 Beska

Beska

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

Thank you Beska, much love and happiness :)

And yeah, I did want it to show only when the buff was not present (hence the 'false' I tried to squeeze in, hehe)

Oh, in which case just add a "~" before the "HasAura" and it'll only show the text when a player doesn't have the buff!

#60 Lionus

Lionus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

I've been trying to get this to work
[HasDebuffType(Mortal Strike) ? Text(MS)] but it doesn't show up on the targetframe.

It doesn't give errors though. When i did other dogtags wrong, an error would show up on the frame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users