• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Shamanaut

Shamanaut

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

Erroneous reports are not that easy to find. Each combat can be easily analysed, but a generic engine is really harder. Nevertheless we have some good ideas (that has been listed for the majority of them on most forums). As a side note we don't like exceptions treatment because the current WWS overall engine is a huge load yet, and will be increased in some ways at the 2.4. But don't worry, it is planned, we can't keep cheated reports longer.

90% of erroneous reports are not cheated. They are generally caused by combat log snippets or bad merging. These show up quickly when you band a known good kill and only accept kills in that range. I can't do moroes in WWS Scoreboard, and I can't pull the damage done to just moroes himself without a second pull, which I won't do. You however can.

If you filter reports on the following 2 criteria
1. Damage to the boss within 20% of a known baseline
2. Time of the fight > 15 seconds.

You will eliminate 99% of the junk. If 2.4 combat logs record entering combat (Or you trap entering combat through the WWS Addon) you should be able to eliminate almost everything by verifying that an entering combat was seen before (Or within a few seconds of) the boss being engaged. That would eliminate almost everything except for the few groups of idiots that think that editing logs and uploading them to WWS to show how great they are, actually makes them great.

For duplicates, you just check if a player has been seen already for that boss for that day and time (Converted to UTC) and allowing +- a couple of hours for bad clocks. Since you have that for everything (I don't because of anonymous reports), it should be a lot easier when building the top reports for a boss. That would take care of almost every case where multiple people in the same guild upload a report. The WWS Addon should also be able to capture guild name and server, so that should eliminate people that can't set their guild name to the same thing as their guildmates.

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you want more details. I've offered them to Lossendil as well. I know your busy and this is at the bottom of your list right now.

In other news, the first 6k sustained boss DPS report occured yesterday. 6824 sustained for the encounter. (Damage/Time). WWS Scoreboard

#42 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

For duplicates, you just check if a player has been seen already for that boss for that day and time (Converted to UTC) and allowing +- a couple of hours for bad clocks. Since you have that for everything (I don't because of anonymous reports), it should be a lot easier when building the top reports for a boss. That would take care of almost every case where multiple people in the same guild upload a report.

Speaking of which, your guild has quite a few cases of multiple same-day same-fight same-player reports uploaded.
Wow Web Stats

#43 Shamanaut

Shamanaut

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

Speaking of which, your guild has quite a few cases of multiple same-day same-fight same-player reports uploaded.
Wow Web Stats

No, those are a bug in the ranking code. The URLs are identical. No idea why that is happening.

#44 Silverstorm

Silverstorm

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

Well yah not every fight works with this, but take Kael'thas for example. Phase 2 begins when Telonicus dies, and ends X seconds later when the advisors come back to life. Phase 4 begins when Kael emotes "Alas, sometimes one must take matters into one's own hands. Balamore shanal!", and Phase 5 begins when he emotes "I have not come this far to be stopped! The future I have planned will not be jeopardized! Now, you will taste true power!"

Not every fight would work with phase splits, especially the ones that are revolving doors where 2 phases repeat indefinitely. But I think it would be an amazing tool for fights like Kael, Vashj, and anything else that has very definite boundries between phases. Obviously right now there aren't too many fights where this is possible (Kael, Vashj, Magtheridon, Alar, Zul'Jin are about the only ones I see a definite division between phases), but its definitely something that would be nice to have when looking to the future. It could have more application on some Sunwell bosses or things in WoLK.

Here's the problems, though:

Kael - phase 2 can overlap into phase 3. Yes, there's a time limit, but do you really want the last 50k damage on the Axe listed in Phase 3? What about Capernian (and potentially others) overlapping to Phase 4? In that case, it would be easier to define certain mobs to belong to a specific phase, and perhaps mention the time the phases overlapped.

Vashj - likewise, Striders, Naga, and even a few pesky elementals are still around when Phase 3 begins.

Al'ar - Extra embers can still be up depending on the strategy used (blow up the bear vs. kill all adds in Phase 1 anyway)

Mag - it's possible to be finishing Channelers once Magtheridon is unbanished.

In all of those cases, it'd be nice to see how much damage was left to do in the next phase, but I'd rather see how long the overlap between phases is. Obviously, what people want to see in those encounters will vary.

Personally, I'd just like Reliquary to parse correctly, since that's where we are right now, and I'd like to be able to analyze that fight a bit better.

#45 racy

racy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

So, have anyone done any raids lately on the ptr, it would be really nice to get a log from a real raid to work with :-)

#46 Skyeh

Skyeh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

Just wondering regarding WWS...

When you upload the logs to the site, you get this neat "split by encounter" feature where you can look into individual boss fights. However, when you do local logging (and hosting on your own web space) you just get one big generic log, without the nice ability to split the log up by encounter. Is there going to be a way to get this "split by encounter" feature for self hosted logs? I was just curious because the WWS site tends to be pretty sluggish at some point, and having the split log feature for local logging would let people host their own logs, and relieve some stress on the WWS site.

I was also wondering if the new combat log would allow the tracking of priest's PoM ability properly. By "properly" I mean attributing each PoM's heal to the correct priest. (Since each mob has it's own ID now, I figured maybe each PoM would have it's own as well. This seemed a good place to ask and find out.)

#47 mutagen

mutagen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:04 AM

Is there going to be a way to get this "split by encounter" feature for self hosted logs?

All that splitting is done on the server, you'd have to have a copy of the server code and the Java Servlet environment to run it in to host reports yourself. Lossendil has talked about supplying the front end code that you could integrate into your website that would pull the processed data down from the WWS servers and display on your website. Unfortunately this would still be subject to any server performance issues.

Lossendil is stopping development on the v1 client that generates reports you can self-host. However, he is willing to share the code if someone is interested in stepping up to manage development on the project.

My two (not-so-informed) sents.

#48 constantius

constantius

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:13 AM

Given that you're asking for suggestions, may I suggest two things for the current end-game:

1) Fix Reliquary of Souls so it actually shows up as a single boss, instead of P1, blank space, and P3. No idea why your parses shows it this way, but it does, and always (afaik) has. One single boss, determined from moment of pull in P1 right through to P3. If you want to make it precise, have it select P1->spawn of mana regen adds, P2->spawn, P3->death since P1 and P2 don't actually 'die', but just hit 1% and transition.

2) You know the Illidari Council? They're a council. Stop labelling them as individual bosses as the name of the fight.

and then one suggestion overall:

3) Your site is awesome. Buy some more bandwidth, and put more ads on it or something. Because it's been getting progressively slower as time goes on. This is probably due to increasing user presence; hence, ads should increase revenue accordingly, to pay for bandwidth, making users happy, which is an increasing cycle of goodness. Basically, don't make your Unlimited Account customers have to wait for 2 minutes to display a parse. They're paying for performance.
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house. - R.A. Heinlein

#49 Norfair

Norfair

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

I've got a suggestion, not sure if it's entirely feasable though. At the moment, and also in 2.4, the final Lifebloom tick, Prayer of Mending and Earth Shield are counted as healing done by the player receiving the heal, not by the player who casted the heal. Maybe it's possible to add an option like "all PoM/LB/ES healing should be counted for this person", as sometimes there is only one holy priest/resto druid/resto shaman in the raid. I even got an idea to make it more sophisticated (and more complex) for when there are multiple healers of such classes in the raid, but I wonder if this would be possible first. Would really like to see some "true" healing meters, as I have no clue how much healing my final blooms do at any given raid, let alone how powerful ES/PoM is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users