• Please log in to reply
2713 replies to this topic

#41 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

Got a specific request now... fr0d0b0ls0n, a friendly tree from here is working on the Rawr.Tree model now, but could use some help on the coding side of it. Any skilled C#ers with an interest in trees want to help out?

#42 Fimbo

Fimbo

King Hippo

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

Do you need any testers?

My coding isn't so great, but i've done a reasonable amount of work with UI design and Software Testing.

It's easiest for me to help on Hunters, but i can systematically click on stuff for any of the modules.

#43 Hald

Hald

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

I'm always looking forward to helping in the Rawr project, though I may not know much about coding!

So far I'm seeing that rawr b11 seems to have been some huge changes form b10. The whole itemcache is different as is the character sheets I guess. Gotta redo my character manually since armory is down ftl. Will report more after that! :)

Might want to consider adding some kind of class gear base thing, cause I'm showing rogue t6 in my possible upgrades. lol Really like the way editing items is setup now, screw messing with the xml files.

LOVE the new options, sort of reminds me of spreadsheets.

#44 Dinian

Dinian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

I'll take a look at this tonight. I'm rolling up an enhancement shaman now with an eye towards raiding again with it. Also, I'm very knowledgeable about the development platform. Perhaps some sort of interop solution that involves calling into Yo's simulator directly is a possible way to get what we want.

How do you guys prefer to collaborate on this? IRC?

#45 Stormhole

Stormhole

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

Is there a beta with a compiled version of rawr.mage.dll available ?

#46 Hald

Hald

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:13 PM

I'll take a look at this tonight. I'm rolling up an enhancement shaman now with an eye towards raiding again with it. Also, I'm very knowledgeable about the development platform. Perhaps some sort of interop solution that involves calling into Yo's simulator directly is a possible way to get what we want.

Deffinately would like to see an IRC setup for this project. :o

#47 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

Do you need any testers?

Everyone's welcome to 'test'/use the betas as we release them. Between those, for our dev builds, I'm not really looking for testers actively, but wouldn't refuse it... If you've got VS2008 and sign up for an account on CodePlex, send me your codeplex username and I'll add you to the project so you can test out the latest source as we check it in.

I'm always looking forward to helping in the Rawr project, though I may not know much about coding!

So far I'm seeing that rawr b11 seems to have been some huge changes form b10. The whole itemcache is different as is the character sheets I guess. Gotta redo my character manually since armory is down ftl. Will report more after that! :)

Might want to consider adding some kind of class gear base thing, cause I'm showing rogue t6 in my possible upgrades. lol Really like the way editing items is setup now, screw messing with the xml files.

LOVE the new options, sort of reminds me of spreadsheets.

Ugh, sorry about those Slayer Gloves. I armoried a Rogue right before releasing b11, and his Slayer gloves got into my itemcache. Same with his weapons. Will have that cleaned up (well, filtered out of the Cat model) in another version.

Deffinately would like to see an IRC setup for this project. :o

So far, just the dev site on codeplex, and IM/e-mail. I personally don't use IRC a whole lot, but that could work. My only fear with an IRC would be that tons of users would come in and ask things like "hey can u rate my gear?" or "lol look i made a set thatz got 100 dodge lol"...

Is there a beta with a compiled version of rawr.mage.dll available ?

Kavan has been working extremely hard (up til 3, 4, 5, sometimes 6am working on it, judging by when he's checked in code, heh) on Rawr.Mage. I don't know when he expects to be at a releasable state, but it's looking not toooo far off.

I've been working on coordinating all these new projects (and killing Illidan and Archimonde for the first time, yay!), and haven't had a chance to work on Cat/Bear much, so haven't gotten done the new Cat functionality that I promised for b12. But, Rawr.Moonkin and maybe Rawr.Mage might be in a releasable 'alpha' form by this weekend. We can't release just them, though, because they rely on several new pieces in the core app that aren't there in b11.

So I'm *thinking* of releasing a Beta 11a this weekend or early next week, with any of the models are ready. Would that sound good?

#48 Hop

Hop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

Got a specific request now... fr0d0b0ls0n, a friendly tree from here is working on the Rawr.Tree model now, but could use some help on the coding side of it. Any skilled C#ers with an interest in trees want to help out?

I may be able to help with the programming. I am looking over the feral version right now to see what it's all about.

#49 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

I may be able to help with the programming. I am looking over the feral version right now to see what it's all about.

OKie, toss me an e-mail (cnervig@hotmail.com) or IM (cnervig@hotmail.com on MSN, Astro tSD on AIM) if you're interested.

#50 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

I made some graphs about Enhancement Shaman to try to figure out if a closed-form model is even possible. Each point is the result of 10k hours run, giving a standard deviation of .0001. I'm almost certain that the Flurry model used is wrong, but that shouldn't effect the overall shape of the graphs.

Unless otherwise specified, all graphs use 25% crit, two 2.6 speed weapons, 0% haste, 22% hit.

Crit vs. Flurry uptime:
http://elitistjerks....=1&d=1203714576

A nice smooth graph. 1 - (1 - crit^5.5) fits the data with an average error of .58%. Although WF and Flurry interactions are ugly, they appear to actually be insignificant enough that they may just be ignorable.

Crit vs. WF proc rate:
Posted Image

Note that all of the bumps are significantly larger than the expected variation produced by the RNG, so it actually is that bumpy. However, note also the data range -- the proc rate varies from 15.70% to 15.59%. This is so minor as to be ignorable.

Overall, with weapons with matching speed, crit rate appears to not need a full set of simulations -- its effect on WF proc rate can simply be ignored, and flurry uptime merely requires a single run to find the exponent for a certain speed. If the same holds true for unmatched speed situations, then the required data set drops to 20480 runs.

Haste vs. WF Proc rate:
http://elitistjerks....=1&d=1203714599

As the graph doesn't make it clear, the jumps are when the speed is (flurried/unflurried): 1.49/1.8, 1.361/1.614, and 1.27/1.49. Luckily, these are exactly where expected. Each individual section is non-linear, but the total variation is under .3% for all of the sections, which is low enough to ignore.

Haste vs. Flurry uptime:
http://elitistjerks....=1&d=1203714592

The jumps are at the same points as with the WF proc graph (and are probably caused by the drop in WF procs). The individual sections fit an equation of the form uptime = b + m * haste, with m constant across all of the sections. My copy of Excel is missing the data analysis addin, and I don't really feel like doing a logarithmic regression by hand, so I don't know the exact values.

For weapons with matching speed, haste effects appear to need only 5-10 runs to build the complete curve. If unmatched speeds work in the same way, this makes the required data set drop to 6820 runs. In addition, the simulator I'm working with currently takes about 10 seconds per run. This would reduce the total time require to produce a data set down to 19 hours.

There's a lot more that I need to look into still, but it looks like although the interactions between haste effects and windfury are very complicated, it may be possible to simplify or ignore enough of them that it's possible to build a closed formula for shaman dps which is backed by a simulator-generated dataset in a realistic amount of time.

Attached Files

#51 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hey, the images didn't come out right, they're broken for me? Really interested in seeing that.

#52 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

My attempt to outsmart vB's attachment system seems to have failed.

#53 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

Very nice. This is really promising!

#54 Hald

Hald

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

I'm getting some errors trying to run the mage version. This is upon loading in any gear..

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Rawr.Mage.CalculationsMage.GetCharacterStats(Character character, Item additionalItem)
   at Rawr.Mage.CalculationsMage.GetCharacterCalculations(Character character, Item additionalItem)
   at Rawr.CalculationsBase.GetCharacterCalculations(Character character)
   at Rawr.CalculationsBase.GetItemCalculations(Item item, Character character, CharacterSlot slot)
   at Rawr.Calculations.GetItemCalculations(Item item, Character character, CharacterSlot slot)
   at Rawr.ItemComparison.LoadGearBySlot(CharacterSlot slot)
   at Rawr.FormMain.LoadComparisonData()
   at Rawr.FormMain.ItemCache_ItemsChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Rawr.ItemCache.OnItemsChanged()
   at Rawr.ItemCache.AddItem(Item item, Boolean removeOldCopy, Boolean raiseEvent)
   at Rawr.Item.LoadFromId(String gemmedId, Boolean forceRefresh, String logReason)
   at Rawr.Item.LoadFromId(Int32 id, Boolean forceRefresh, String logReason)
   at Rawr.Item.get_Gem1()
   at Rawr.Item.GetTotalStats(Character character)
   at Rawr.CalculationsBase.GetItemStats(Character character, Item additionalItem)
   at Rawr.Mage.CalculationsMage.GetCharacterStats(Character character, Item additionalItem)
   at Rawr.Mage.CalculationsMage.GetCharacterCalculations(Character character, Item additionalItem)
   at Rawr.CalculationsBase.GetCharacterCalculations(Character character)
   at Rawr.Calculations.GetCharacterCalculations(Character character)
   at Rawr.FormMain._character_ItemsChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Rawr.Character.OnItemsChanged()
   at Rawr.FormMain.set_Character(Character value)
   at Rawr.FormMain.LoadCharacter(Character character, String characterPath)
   at Rawr.FormMain.loadFromArmoryToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

#55 Kavan

Kavan

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:17 AM

I'm getting some errors trying to run the mage version. This is upon loading in any gear..

I'm trying to reproduce this but I'm without luck. Could you tell all the steps from installation to how you loaded the gear? Also tell me the name and server of character you tried to load, might be something specific to that.

#56 Hald

Hald

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

Just extracted to my Rawr b11 folder for "installation". I tried loading the character Tasheshi @ Uldaman-US

Edit: Manually putting in the gear works, I wonder if it could have something to do with the EnchantCache or something along the lines of that?

Edit2: Deleting/backingup my itemcache/enchantcache/buffcache and reloading Rawr gonna see if that works.
... Worked!

#57 Darkmantle

Darkmantle

King Hippo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:36 AM

Many wow addons these days give a prompt for removing or moving old cached data when a version upgrade happens. Including this into Rawr could conceivably eliminate 95% of the posts and error emails that result from old data.

#58 charriu

charriu

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Many wow addons these days give a prompt for removing or moving old cached data when a version upgrade happens. Including this into Rawr could conceivably eliminate 95% of the posts and error emails that result from old data.

Or just add version detection to rawr, rejecting anything that's not appropriate for the current version...

#59 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

Rawr actually should be backward compatible with old versions' cache/character files. It always has been up until now, and I'll try to make sure that continues.

#60 inphared

inphared

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

Hey I just installed Rawr b11, then installed Rawr.Mage and overwrote the base.dll like it said to do but Im having a problem. Whenever I click the exe file to run Rawr it will execute but the program wont open up. No error messages or nothing. I also installed the net framework 2.0 as per the readme. Any idea whats up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users