• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Thud

Thud

SHAZAM

• Guild Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:55 PM

I was just thinking about this. Let's take the following situation as an example. You have a AV Instance going on right now, and it's 40 on 40. You have people in queue on both sides, less than 20 as an example so you don't have a 2nd instance about to start.

Now, you have 2 full raid groups about to queue up, one alliance, and one horde. What happens? Do the 2 40 person groups end up joining the same instance? Does the alliance 40 person group end up joining its own instance with the less than 20 of the Horde?

How about this. Let's take our server for instance. We have 1 AV instance going, and it's full. We have 1-2 alliance in queue, and about 100 Horde of which 40 is a raid group. A full raid group of 40 alliance queues up. What happens? Do the 2 raid groups get their own instance? Or is it going to be the 40 person raid group vs. random Horde who queued up first? Does it end up being the 1-2 Alliance who queued up first 38-39 of the raid group?

Does anyone actually know anything about this? If not, we should try to get a group of 40 alliance (preferably of the same guild so we can get some good battles goin) and a group of 40 EJ to try to enter the queue at the same time and see what happens.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

Alliance gets discouraged and quits when its 40 guilded alliance vs 40 pubbie horde.

Could you imagine how long a game with 40 EJ would last before there were no alliance? :(

#3 Thud

Thud

SHAZAM

• Guild Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

Alliance gets discouraged and quits when its 40 guilded alliance vs 40 pubbie horde.

Could you imagine how long a game with 40 EJ would last before there were no alliance? :(

Hence the whole "arranged battle" aspect. I'm just curious if anyone has any knowledge of what happens when 2 raid groups enter the queue at the same time.

#4 Socar

Socar

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:21 PM

If you are first in the queue you get priority. So those groups of 40 people will never get an instance together, unless there happens to be no alliance/horde ahead of them in the queue.

#5 Numinous

Numinous

Don Flamenco

• Guild Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:07 PM

If you are first in the queue you get priority. So those groups of 40 people will never get an instance together, unless there happens to be no alliance/horde ahead of them in the queue.

Has that been tested/blue somewhere or is it just our general inclination so far? If so, it really fucking sucks.

#6 Thud

Thud

SHAZAM

• Guild Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:15 PM

So I'm curious. It seems as though Alliance's main problem with BG participation is that they wouldn't be with anyone they like. Now, why don't you guys get a full raid group together and then go head to an AV? Don't you realize that the instance will be created pretty much instantly and you'll in a BG with everyone who you want to be with?

Why haven't you guys been doing this?

#7 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

Because that's not how it works.

Windsor said:

So you want to meet up with 40 friends and see a flick- great. But the ticket dude has alliance guys in line ahead of you- and they already have some of the tickets to fill the spots that your 40 friends need. So you figure eh, what the hell we'll buy tickets for a show when we can all go together, and you enter your raid group as a whole into the queue.

Well, apparently the theatre wont start the movie until there are enough alliance and horde in their seats for the FIRST show. So, what ends up happening is that in order for your entire raid group to get in, there have to be enough alliance to start the movie (20 i think? 25? something like that) with the (40) horde that are already in there, and THEN you get to go sit down in a different theatre (AV2) with (40) other horde and watch a movie.

Well the problem is, there are never 20-25 alliance in the queue ahead of your raid- instead there are like 6 - so the movie never starts.

The queue system is broken and retarded.

#8 Elfan

Elfan

King Hippo

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

Quoted for truth, for extra fun try having your raid group split into 2 instances.

#9 Thud

Thud

SHAZAM

• Guild Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

Quoted for truth, for extra fun try having your raid group split into 2 instances.

That's still more fun than sitting in a queue for hours.

#10 Elfan

Elfan

King Hippo

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

It does make coordination tricky though.

#11 Thud

Thud

SHAZAM

• Guild Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

It does make coordination tricky though.

Well, to be quite honest, we don't really coordinate anything with most non-EJ in our battlegrounds. It's usually just EJ on our Vent server with very few exceptions. The most EJ we've ever had in one instance was around 19 I think. The rest were SHM/GS and the token non-raid-group'd SoS members.

Then again 19 coordinated EJ is a lot better than 40 people doing nothing together. I did however notice that in that particular instance, the Alliance were almost always in the same battle, which is why it took us so long to win.

#12 Elfan

Elfan

King Hippo

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

I was making a funny about having the group in 2 different instances. Coordination and alliance really don't go together at all any way.

#13 Ayle

Ayle

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:34 PM

We usually stay for five or six hours.

But stay tuned, we are trying to pin down a day (weekly) where we will launch a full 40 man BG. It's looking like it will probably be saturday afternoons...

#14 Slug

Slug

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:05 AM

Wow! You guys have gotten into a BG instance on Mal'Ganis?

I've never seen them outside of test because our alliance are either anti-PvP or all go to bed at 10pm Eastern or something.

At any rate, I can't sit around for 4 hours just to get into an instance with 12 EJ on my side and see the entire alliance side quit at the sight of a halfway organized team coming their way.

I'm gonna go play Mega Man for nostalgia's sake. Let me know if they ever fix this game and make it playable again. :P

#15 Elfan

Elfan

King Hippo

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

This is kinda an odd question but...

So when you are using the ctarid keyword join feature, what message do you spam when you are trying to get people to join? The only way to get most of the alliance in AV into one raid is "OMG GROUP FORMING 4 KORRAK PST!!!!!111" Also I find many alliance have reading comprehension issues that make phrasing the message correctly important.

Thank you.

#16 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

[Datthret] yells: /tell Datthret GANADAR SUCKS for an invite to the raid group!

#17 Thud

Thud

SHAZAM

• Guild Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:15 PM

So why don't you alliance dudes do what you did on Saturday more often? If you weren't there, what happened is a raid group of 40 alliance entered the queue while there was already an Instance open, and instantly started up a new version of AV.

Isn't the whole being grouped with people who are dumb thing the main reason why you guys don't play AV all that much? It seems like your problem is solved now.

#18 Elfan

Elfan

King Hippo

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:26 AM

Yeah I forgot to mention this, their were about 13 alliance in AV1, we got in queue, and bam, new instance. So basically the queue is completely unpredictable.

But yeah we thought it was a lot of fun for us too and definantly something we definitely want to do more often.

#19 Greybone

Greybone

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:07 AM

Want to know what I did this saturday?

I logged on at around midnight eurofag time, which is 7 hours ahead of server time. That's about 5 pm server time, prime time for some good old alterac valley fun on a weekend, right?

5 hours later, with ZERO AV instances started WHATSOEVER, kazzak spawns, I switch to my priest, and the instance starts.

Why is there no alliance wanting to play AV between 5 pm and 10 pm on a frikkin' saturday? :(

I went to bed at 7am or so, after spending a day not getting into AV.

#20 Windsor

Windsor

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:38 AM

Yeah I forgot to mention this, their were about 13 alliance in AV1, we got in queue, and bam, new instance. So basically the queue is completely unpredictable.

But yeah we thought it was a lot of fun for us too and definantly something we definitely want to do more often.

there's nothing unpredictable or random about it...

what happened happened exactly as it should have.

read my post in the other AV thread if you are curious as to how the system works - and yes it is retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users