• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Dillinger

Dillinger

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:15 PM

[Datthret] yells: /tell Datthret GANADAR SUCKS for an invite to the raid group!

teehee

Anyway it would probably be most productive if the alliance didn't do 40 man groups but anywhere from the 20-30 range, and then invited the stragglers. You'd have 40 horde guarenteed and then the instance wouldn't start with 15 but the whole group and whoever else was in line ahead of them.

#22 Elfan

Elfan

King Hippo

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

Yeah I forgot to mention this, their were about 13 alliance in AV1, we got in queue, and bam, new instance. So basically the queue is completely unpredictable.

But yeah we thought it was a lot of fun for us too and definantly something we definitely want to do more often.

there's nothing unpredictable or random about it...

what happened happened exactly as it should have.

read my post in the other AV thread if you are curious as to how the system works - and yes it is retarded.

So you are saying AV1 counts as "full" simply by being up, allowing a 2nd to spawn?

#23 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:31 PM

Yeah I forgot to mention this, their were about 13 alliance in AV1, we got in queue, and bam, new instance.  So basically the queue is completely unpredictable.

But yeah we thought it was a lot of fun for us  too and definantly something we definitely want to do more often.

there's nothing unpredictable or random about it...

what happened happened exactly as it should have.

read my post in the other AV thread if you are curious as to how the system works - and yes it is retarded.

So you are saying AV1 counts as "full" simply by being up, allowing a 2nd to spawn?

Basically it depends on what the Horde side of the queue looks like.

There were 13 Alliance vs. 40 Horde in AV1, and a good 30+ Horde queued up waiting to get in. When your full raid group rolled up, the algorithm actually did the sensible thing and created a new instance.

#24 Socar

Socar

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

I think blizzard has been changing the queue system in the background. It seems to work a bit better than it did when it first came out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users