Share Your Interface - READ THE FIRST POST (No, really. Read it.)
Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:29 PM
Mod questions go here - http://elitistjerks....908-what_s_mod/
General UI Help is here - http://elitistjerks....ui_help_center/
New, unique ideas about UIs go here - http://elitistjerks....terface_design/
Here are the ground rules:
- This thread is for sharing your UI and you'll list what mods you're using. If you're especially nice, you'll make an upload available. Asking for comments on your UI is also allowed. If you can't provide a mod list or an upload, please keep your UI to yourself. This isn't the place to simply show people what a creative snowflake you are. Actually contribute something or move on. DO NOT JUST POST SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR UI OR YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION AND YOUR POST WILL GET DELETED.
- If you're not posting a UI, you're offering your opinion about someone else's UI. Send questions and requests via private messaging. Allow me to repeat that. Send questions and requests via PRIVATE MESSAGING. Don't use this thread to ask about a mod or layout. Don't use this thread to request an upload. Don't use this thread to respond to a question or request.
Thanks and happy posting.
Those are some big images so far. While I'm not going to force anyone to do so, it'd be nice if people posted thumbnails. (And yet another reason to become a benefactor - free hosting!)
Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:56 PM
Solo - OOC
Solo - Casting
Comments and critique welcome!
Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Actually pewsey, it's typed as z[tab] and it's pretty well established as the standard notation for the ziplist applicative functor.
Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:09 PM
EDIT:UI Uploaded NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT
(Before you begin)
Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (you need this to run WOWaceupdater later.
Download details: .NET Framework 3.5
Download WoWAceUpdater: (Run this great program to update all your ACE2 mods included without ever having
to visit curse or another mod site again!)
The UI itself is a compilation of ACE2 mods just mixed around and reconfigured to my own dabbling for clean, efficient, low memory-use, and overall â€œsleekâ€ look. The DEFAULT UI settings are for 1680x1050 widescreen, please remember that.
I will use this post to update any uploads in the future with different resolution default settings as well as changesâ€¦
UI download at this URL:
HowitzerUI_2008-V1.rar - FileFront.com
Again, remember the UI is set for 1680x1050 widescreen. If you run anything other than that you'll have to mess with the mods to reconfigure sizing, (DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP).
Since they are all ACE2 mods you can customize them easily by holding down ALT and right clicking on the mod bar itself. This should bring up a menu that will allow you to change settings. Because the saved variables folder is set for 1680x1050 you'll notice that things are out of place, this is normal. You will have to take a little time to tweak things if you run at a lower-res.
However, you do have FuBar at the top with a mod installed called Deuce Commander. This drop down menu will give you access to every single mod installed and an easy way to configure. My modpack doesn't include pre-set resolutions as I only uploaded it "as-is" due to a lot of requests. But as of right now, you're going to have to learn how to use the menus to tweak the settings on your own.
This UI used Bongos for action bars. When you first load the UI they will be out of place. You need to left click the bongos icon in the upper left hand corner and load the profile and it will load all the buttons to the correct places.
ACE2 Mods are VERY customizable! You can take this UI and mold it in many, many different ways to suit your own taste. Use my UI as a template to give you ideas on how to create your own custom interface, its very easy if you give it a little time to learn the simplistic menu system of ACE2 Deuce Commander.
NOTE: If you're not a Shaman, disable Enhancer and Chaman2 mods. You can place OMEN in the place of Chaman2's area where the totem timers are at in screenshot 1 and 2.
All folders are sorted according to where they must be placed in your main WOW directory.
1) Before you begin, back up all of your WTF and Interface folder
2) Remove the WTF folder and the Interface folder from the main WOW directory.
3) Place the HowitzerUI WTF and Interface folders into your WOW directory.
4) Rename the folders inside the WTF file to match your ACCOUNT >>> SERVER >>> CHARACTER'S NAME.
5) Log in and enjoy.
Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:36 PM
In combat, obviously.
Likewise in combat, but showing target/tot/tott/cast bars.
Comments/suggestions more than welcome.
Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:11 AM
Missing some mods post 2.4. That big black area in the middle has room for Omen and DPS meter.
2.4 broke half my stuff. /cry
Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:53 AM
I've gone the minimalistic/PvP oriented route.
OOC, Targeting Self:
And Raid: (note: I usually don't have <Guild name> shown over everyone heads..)
Addon List found here:
Now criticize all you want
All very thought-out criticisms Velveeta (from post below), I'll update this post when I take those points into consideration
Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:11 PM
After 2.4 PWN'ed my UI, I thought I'd start fresh.
I've gone the minimalistic/PvP oriented route.
Now criticize all you want
Its very nice, a couple changes I would make:
1. change your tooltip border to match the rest of your UI, that silver wire frame just clashes with the nice dark borders of everything else.
2. Everything is crammed to the right side, maybe move your party frames to the left side to balance it out. The raid frames crammed into the space on the right side makes it look overly cluttered when the rest of your UI gives a minimal feel to it.
3. This is just personal opinion but the outline on the chat text ruins the whole UI. You have nice clean textures on the frames and everywhere else but this ugly text with a thick outline for your chat that just stands out like a sore thumb.
Just my 2 cents, but your unit frames are very nice. You could accomplish the same thing with oUF but to each their own.
Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:40 PM
Solo, in combat, some debuffs / dots on target (outside left of target-frame, outlined)
Solo, out of combat, self-targetting, casting
Raid/group screenshots following on request.
StatBlocks are not enabled because I had some trouble with them with 2.4 release.
Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:33 AM
(newer version, not shown: main tanks and main tanks' targets; FuBar is now hidden, a few other improvements)
Zuxana's Model Citizen (ZMobDB Advanced5)
Scrolling Combat Text
Atlas (with Atlasloot Enhanced)
Deadly Boss Mods
On Paladin (SS coming as soon as I remember to log her in):
On Shaman (SS coming soon):
TotemTimers & Yata (can't decide which one I like better)
Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:23 AM
Suggestions welcome, most of it borrowed from the 2.3 UI Thread.
I'm still trying to figure out the DogTag3.0 Syntax to clean up Cowtip and Pitbull.
Elk Buff Bars
Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:24 AM
badMonkey- Change the texture/color on the unit frames, bright green isn't a very eye appealing color. Also your SCT seems to be all overlapping each other which seems difficult to read. I would try out Mik's scrolling (WoWInterface Downloads : Combat Mods : MikScrollingBattleText) instead of SCT.
TehGame- Everything on your UI just seems a little to big. Try and change your UI scale(Under the video settings tab) to give you more room on your screen to see. You can also hide the bars you have all keybound to give you a little more room on your screen. Get a bag mod i.e. Onebag and hide the bag and menu bars on your screen which should provide more room. Use the compact skin on omen to clear up even more room. I would download a map mod such as pMiniMap or Simple MiniMap and Fubar to clean up that mini map. All those can be found at WoWInterface 2.4 AddOn Simple List Feel free to PM me with any questions about new mods to download.
Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:26 AM
Things of note:
-Dogtags showing presence of buffs (PoM, Shield) duration of HoTs, lack of buffs (Fort).
-Using a dogtag instead of a unit frame for target of target
-Only show action bars for cooldowns and range
-Use click casting for healing exclusively
-Use default blizzard SCT
-Normally chat arrows aren't shown (was trying to fix the bug where chat settings weren't saved and forgot to turn pchat back on)
Addons: Pitbull, Bartender, rBuffs, rMinimap, Clique, pChat, DBM, Omen, StatBlocks
Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:30 AM
Second one is an old UI I abandoned for some reason. I'll probably be recreating it when I come back, Mainly looking for some constructive criticism.
Also, I agree with the benefits of being a benefactor. Only $10 for a long, long time. You pay more a month just for WoW!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users