• Please log in to reply
635 replies to this topic

#621 Darrilius

Darrilius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:11 PM

is there dog tag text to know how many players are targeting an NPC?

#622 yellowstone

yellowstone

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

hey so i love dog tags 3.0 the language is very simple and quick to learn. I can configure my texts to do whatever i want namely, mouseover and color changing etc..

but i'm a stuf user, not a pitbull or any other frame user. Stuf uses patterntag instead of dogtag.

i was wondering if there is a way to "install" [for lack of better word] dogtags in stuf?

second question, are there any plans to implement a more efficient text program? [besides custom lua etc...] like dare i ask, a new dogtag system?

#623 Serian

Serian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

is there dog tag text to know how many players are targeting an NPC?

[NumTargeting] will display the number of players, [TargetingList] will display the player names targeting a player or npc. Players must be in you're group or raid though.

#624 NecroNetics

NecroNetics

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:47 AM

I just had a quick question for you guys.

I'm trying to make an HP text for pitbull, but I want it to hide when the target's health is above 30%.

[PercentHP:Hide(PercentHP < 100:Percent)] works, but "< 30:Percent)]" does not.

I've been messing around for about 15 minutes but I can't figure it out.

#625 Sympa

Sympa

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

Looking for a way to show my current percent damage modifier. Specifically 2 piece t10 proc. Id rather not script it simply looking for the name of the buff because there are other buffs I get like tricks of the trade and even having the pet simply active lends another 2% damage modifier.

Any way to do this?

#626 epic

epic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

Great contributions guys, these have vastly improved my gameplay, and of course help pretty-up my UI. However, I have 2 queries:

Is there any dog tag that could perhaps help me determine which auras are mine (Mid-raid and I realised the text-auras I was using to track my HoTs were showing another Druid's). I did try searching for some kind of 'ismine' tag, but to no avail.

Any addon that could display dogtags independent of the unitframe, as to scatter useless information about my screen.

I would love to learn the LUA counterpart, but whenever I begin, it just totally eludes me.

Regards.

#627 Noraj

Noraj

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

Great contributions guys, these have vastly improved my gameplay, and of course help pretty-up my UI. However, I have 2 queries:

Is there any dog tag that could perhaps help me determine which auras are mine (Mid-raid and I realised the text-auras I was using to track my HoTs were showing another Druid's). I did try searching for some kind of 'ismine' tag, but to no avail.

Any addon that could display dogtags independent of the unitframe, as to scatter useless information about my screen.

I would love to learn the LUA counterpart, but whenever I begin, it just totally eludes me.

Regards.

Here's how I check to see if it's a buff that I cast (This was with Shadowed Unit Frames):

if UnitAura(unit, "Wild Growth") then
    local _,_,_,_,_,_,timeleft,caster = UnitAura(unit, "Wild Growth")
      if caster == "player" then
        local rem = - (GetTime() - timeleft)
        rem = string.format("%d",rem)
        wild = "|cffffff00[" .. rem .. "]|r"
      end
end

Basically, you just want to get the value of unitCaster from UnitAura and check to see whether or not it's "player" meaning yourself. This particular bit of code also gets the time remaining on the buff and sets a variable with that information and a color code to be spit out later on.

Here's more info on the UnitAura() function, and the rest of the example on how to use the code above.

You might check out either STUF or SUF if you're interested in divorcing the tags a bit aways from your frame.
"The question is not how far we are going to take it... the question is, do you possess the constitution to go as far as needed?" - Il Duce

#628 doomtop

doomtop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

Not sure how, or if, you can delete posts?

#629 Andilar

Andilar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Okay so I've figured out a code that will track my diseases on the target, theres only one problem, when I'm in raids it doesn't show my diseases all the time, it sometimes shows someone elses.

Here is my code
[Outline] [if IsEnemy and InCombat(unit="player") then
(if AuraDuration("Frost Fever", unit="target") >= 8 then
AuraDuration("Frost Fever"):FormatDuration("e"):Color("9edbff")
elseif (AuraDuration("Frost Fever", unit="target") < 8) and (AuraDuration("Frost Fever", unit="target") >= 3) then
AuraDuration("Frost Fever"):FormatDuration("e"):Color("ffdbff")
elseif (AuraDuration("Frost Fever", unit="target") < 3) and (AuraDuration("Frost Fever", unit="target") > 0) then
AuraDuration("Frost Fever"):FormatDuration("e"):Red
else
"No FF":Red
end)
end]

Anyone knows how I get it to only track my diseases, it'd be highly appriciated.

#630 skmz

skmz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

I found a code for my first request, so I removed it.

#631 mr.bo

mr.bo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

I set up a DogTag to tell me when my shout was down, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to differentiate between specs, or stances with DogTag 3.0. I saw that there was another post about stances, but no replies, so I figured I'd give it another shot. Here is what I have. It works great as long as I use the same shout in both stances/specs. Is there a way to set it up for different shouts for each spec/stance?

[Outline] [if (Class(unit="player") = "Warrior") and ~HasAura("Battle Shout") and (MP > 9) then
    "SHOUT!  ":Yellow
end]

#632 Phaux

Phaux

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:38 AM

I have 2 lines of text on my bar and I need a dogtag that will allow me to hide the text while casting. Sorry if there is a better way to post the dogtags below or if this has been talked about somewhere else and I missed it.

I need to incorporate both of these lines to hide while player is casting and while target is casting, The 2 lines of text are:

[DifficultyColor]BIO

and

[ClassColor] Lv. [Level] - [SmartRace] [(~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Rare") ? "Rare":Gray) (~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Elite") ? "Elite":Yellow) (~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Boss") ? "Boss":Red)] [IsPlayerOrPet ? Faction:Contains("Alliance") ? "A":HostileColor] [IsPlayerOrPet ? Faction:Contains("Horde") ? "H":HostileColor]

If anyone can help me, that would be aweswome. Thanks in advance.

#633 Phaux

Phaux

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:40 AM

I have 2 lines of text on my bar and I need a dogtag that will allow me to hide the text while casting. Sorry if there is a better way to post the dogtags below or if this has been talked about somewhere else and I missed it.

I need to incorporate both of these lines to hide while player is casting and while target is casting, The 2 lines of text are:

[DifficultyColor]BIO

and

[ClassColor] Lv. [Level] - [SmartRace] [(~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Rare") ? "Rare":Gray) (~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Elite") ? "Elite":Yellow) (~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Boss") ? "Boss":Red)] [IsPlayerOrPet ? Faction:Contains("Alliance") ? "A":HostileColor] [IsPlayerOrPet ? Faction:Contains("Horde") ? "H":HostileColor]

If anyone can help me, that would be aweswome. Thanks in advance.

An update to my own question:

[if CastStartDuration(unit="player") and 'Casting' then    ""else
    DifficultyColor "BIO"end]

and

[if CastStartDuration(unit="player") and 'Casting' then    ""else
    ClassColor "Lv. " Level "  - " SmartRace (~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Rare") ? "Rare":Gray) (~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Elite") ? "Elite":Yellow) (~IsPlayerOrPet ? Classification:Contains("Boss") ? "Boss":Red) (IsPlayerOrPet ? 
Faction:Contains("Alliance") ? " A":HostileColor) (IsPlayerOrPet ? Faction:Contains("Horde") ? " H":HostileColor)end]

#634 Deipotent

Deipotent

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

I was looking through and couldn't find anything on this so:

Druid:
I need something like this for my power bar
Cat form says Cat
Bear form says Bear
all other forms show mana

#635 skmz

skmz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Nevermind. Made it work.

#636 t1ck3ts

t1ck3ts

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Just an update on the Spell Power display code (Updated for 3.0) Its not updating with buffs/trinkets/flasks etc.
Im not the best LUA coder around so i just read up and made some modifications to the code, allowing it to update
when ever things change to your Spell Power

local MAJOR_VERSION = "LibDogTag-3.0"
local MINOR_VERSION = 90000 + tonumber(("$Revision: 203 $"):match("%d+")) or 0

if MINOR_VERSION > _G.DogTag_MINOR_VERSION then
	_G.DogTag_MINOR_VERSION = MINOR_VERSION
end

DogTag_funcs[#DogTag_funcs+1] = function(DogTag)

local L = DogTag.L

DogTag:AddTag("Unit", "SpellPower", {
    code = function(school)
        if (school < 0 or school > 7) then
            return nil
        elseif (school == 0) then 
            return GetSpellBonusHealing()
        else
            return GetSpellBonusDamage(school)
        end
    end,
    arg = {
        'school', 'number', '@req',
    },
    ret = "number;nil",    
    events = "UNIT_INVENTORY_CHANGED;UNITID;UNIT_STATS;UNIT_AURA;UNIT_SPELL_POWER",    
    doc = L["Returns the raw spell damage bonus of the player for a given spell tree."],
    example = '[SpellPower(7)] => "2167"',    
    category = L["Miscellaneous"]
})

end

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users