• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#221 kalbear

kalbear

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

They're performing a condition based on shifting, which is allowed. That's the only reason it works - you are allowed to do conditionals based on stance changes or their equivalent. Without that this doesn't work, which is why nothing with tiger's fury will work properly.

At least that's my understanding.

#222 foxglove

foxglove

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:21 PM

The powershifting macros were possible because it was possible to cancel a buff based on the energy count condition--buff cancellation isn't protected--and our forms are cancellable buffs. We furthermore are allowed to use which form we're in as a condition. So, /stopmacro [stance:3] could prevent the shift following it from taking place if the form hadn't already been cancelled.

Theoretically, now that furor maintains your energy across shapeshifts, I suppose one could /cancelform if energy were greater than 40, /stopmacro [stance:0], /cast Tiger's Fury -- but then you'd be in caster form and you'd have to spend a GCD to get back into cat. Pretty useless, I think, to lose a whole GCD just because you didn't look at your energy bar.

What a macro will never be able to do is choose between one cat ability and another based on energy count--say, Tiger's Fury or Shred--and that is the only way such a macro would be useful. So, I can't think of any way this little loophole in the macro system could be exploited again. (If we want to decide whether to cast Shred or Moonfire based on our energy count, it might be possible, but I cannot see a use for that.) Powershifting was only worthwhile because you got 20+ energy for your GCD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users