• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 technophebe

technophebe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

I can confirm that using a simple "press '3' at 50ms intervals while I hold the '3' key down" function is still working with WoW itself - using this function, if I hold '3' while typing into the chatbox the key immediately repeats rather than waiting ~0.5s and then repeating (which is windows standard behaviour and what happens when holding any other key).

*However*, it's possible that Blizz have changed the way the client or server responds to spammed keypresses. You could test this by comparing how many casts you could get off in a minute using manual spamming versus using the function; for me though the purpose of this sort of function is to save my fingers more than anything else and regardless of any changes to the way WoW functions, that purpose remains useful.

#142 marje

marje

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hi,

I just came back to wow after just over a year away from the game and my ultra simple AHK spam script doesnt seem to work" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the script:
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$3::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState("3", "P")
break
Send 3
sleep 1
}
return
}

Regards

#143 Penicillin

Penicillin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

double post

#144 Penicillin

Penicillin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

has this stopped working since latest mini update yesterday?

Did Blizzard disable AutoHotkey in the latest patch? I ask because I've used it for months before now with no problems, and suddenly it stopped working after the latest patch. The script (which is a basic key spammer, so I don't have to spam the keys myself) still works on other programs, just not WoW.

Autohotkey is not an addon, it sends keys just as if a person would press them manually, Blizzard can not disable this.

This thread have more than 2 years now, I wanna know: during this time, does anyone who have been using ahk just for spamming a spell when a key is held down have been banned for this or know someone who have been banned for this ? I ask because I'd really like to fix this error of gameplay from blizzard but don't want to be banned for such a ridiculous reason, and since I read "It seems with recent bans, this may not actually be the case.", it may mean that those people have been banned for this...

It is close to impossible to actually determine if the spam is automated or manual, hence I would guess noone has been banned solely due to the 1-key solution. People have however been banned for using autohotkey for ie. afking in bgs.

#145 Anthropology

Anthropology

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:38 AM

Autohotkey is not an addon, it sends keys just as if a person would press them manually, Blizzard can not disable this.

It is close to impossible to actually determine if the spam is automated or manual, hence I would guess noone has been banned solely due to the 1-key solution. People have however been banned for using autohotkey for ie. afking in bgs.

Yes, but its been Blizzard's policy that one keystroke can only cause one action. I know that they did not support using the G15 keyboard's macro feature to accomplish the same effect as this program (spamming a key by holding it down.) So while they may not be able to detect the program's use, my guess is that if they could, it would be ban-worthy.

#146 Shac

Shac

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

From my limited testing, i found i was able to spam keypresses at approx rate of 6 per second.
A sleep time of 1 is way in excess of this and blizz are more than capable to detecting someone flooding info at them from 1 spammed key.
Solution is of course to increase the sleep time to something approximating the 6/sec mark.
When i did this all was fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users