• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1690 replies to this topic

#1 Maax

Maax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:58 PM

Little (zero) discussion in the spreadsheet thread about the leaked info, and I don't want to interrupt the discussion there. So I am starting this thread to discuss the changes.

Known changes affecting moonkin:

Resto

Changed Resto Talents

Improved Mark of the Wild - Reduced to 2 ranks for 20/40% benefit (Rank 8 MotW base is +750 Armor +37 All Stats +54 All Resists, talented MotW is +1,022 Armor, +51.8 All Stats, +75.6 All Resists).

Nature's Focus - Reduced to 3 Talent points for the same effect, and moved down to Tier 1.

Subtlety - Reduced to 3 Talent points. Now only reduces of Restoration spells, and only provides dispel resistance for HoT spells. Moved down to Tier 2.

New Resto Talents

Master Shapeshifter - Grants an effect which lasts while the Druid is within the respected shapeshift form. Bear form - Increases physical damage by 2/4%. Cat form - Increases critical strike chance by 2/4% Moonkin form - Increases spell damage by 2/4%. Tree form - Increases healing by 2/4%. Requires 3 points in Natural Shapeshifter. Requires 10 points in Resto Tree.

Resto is slightly better now, getting the important talents in resto now takes 15 points instead of 18. They could make it a little more flexible by moving Master Shapeshifter down to Tier 2, while maintaining the Natural Shapeshifter requirement. That way we won't have to waste 2 points in subtlety, naturalist, or furor just to get to tier 3, and will only need 13 points in resto altogether for a dps build.

Balance

Changed Balance Talents

Brambles - Now also boosts Treant damage by 25/50/75%, and gives Thorns & Treants a 5/10/15% chance to daze for 3 seconds (Rank 8 Thorns base is 140 damage reflected, talented Thorns is 245 damage reflected).

Nature's Reach - now also reduces the threat generated by your Balance spells by 15/30%.

Improved Faerie Fire - Now also gives +1/2/3% spell hit bonus to Faerie Fire.

Dreamstate - Moved down 1 tier, now requires only 25 points in Balance.

Force of Nature - Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.

The damage output of treants may go up quite a bit, will have to see how much the shorter cooldown and dmg increase from brambles does for their raid viability. Thorns also got a more than %500 damage boost from level 70, definitely will be worth getting brambles now. Moving dreamstate helps Restokin hybrid builds (if those will still exist). Imp Faerie Fire finally becomes more than a "Get into Raid Free" card.

Changed Balance Spells

Entangling Roots/Nature's Grasp - no longer restricted indoors.

Hurricane - Cooldown removed, attack speed reduction increased to 50%, also reduces spell casting time by 50%. (Screenshot: http://img.photobuck...pg?t=1211672979)

Indoor roots means the lower tree mat finally carry its weight in raids, depending on how many melee, root-able mobs are in the trash pulls. Hurricane is quite amazing now, double the effect and no cooldown.

New Balance Talents

Improved Moonkin Form - Your Moonkin Aura also causes affected targets to have a 33/66/100% chance to gain 100% spell haste when they critically hit with spells for 10 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every few seconds. (Requires 30 points in Balance, Requires Moonkin Form)

Well we have been asking for improved moonkin aura of some kind for quite a while, but I think anyone suggesting this particular version of it would have been laughed off the boards. There must be some caveat we aren't thinking of but maybe they just REALLY want people to take us to raids. NOTE: This talent may have a tooltip bug and these numbers may be completely off, please refrain from QQing or getting hopes up about its OP nature.

Owlkin Frenzy - Attacks done to you while in Moonkin form have a 5/10/15% chance to cause you to go into a Frenzy, increasing your spell haste by 25% and increasing your damage by 10%. Lasts 10 sec. (Requires 35 points in Balance, Requires Moonkin Form)

Looks like fun, pvp mainly, but I would put one point in it for random boss aoe if there are points to spare.

Eclipse - When you critically hit with Starfire, you have a 20/40/60% chance of increasing damage done by Wrath by 10%. When you critically hit with Wrath, you have a 20/40/60% chance of increasing your critical strike chance with Starfire by 10%. Effect lasts 30 sec. (Requires 40 points in Balance)

People were saying this was pvp only, but with this screenshot confirming the duration is 30 seconds, I think this could be raid-worthy. Screenshot: http://i283.photobuc...2208_180445.jpg

Gale Winds - Increases damage done by your Hurricane and Typhoon spells by 25/50%, and increases the range of your Cyclone spell by 10/20%. (Requires 40 points in Balance)

May be worth it if there is a lot of aoe to do in WotLK raids.

Typhoon (Rank 1, 645 Mana, Instant, 20 yd range, 2 min cooldown) - You summon a violent Typhoon that does 530 Nature damage when in contact with hostile targets, knocking them back 5 yards. (41 point talent, requires Moonkin Form)

Interesting, I am guessing it will work like the zuljin phase 3 tornadoes, but do the damage on the knock-back, not on spell-casting (though that might have been cooler).

Nature's Fury - Converts 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus healing into bonus spell damage. In addition, your Wrath and Starfire spells have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance of applying the Nature's Fury debuff on the target. The Nature's Fury debuff increases Nature and Arcane damage done to the target by 2%. Lasts 12 sec. Stacks up to 3 times. (Requires 45 points in Balance)

Well this will theoretically let us wear resto gear, I hope that doesn't mean that is all they will give us to wear. The stacking debuff on the target is long overdue, but still way behind the equivalent fire and shadow debuffs. I would like to see it stack to at least 10%, preferably 15%, to help out the Arcane Mages and Elemental Shamans too.

Starfall (Rank 1, 866 mana, instant, 30 yd range, 3 min cooldown) - You summon a flurry of stars from the sky on all targets within 30 yards of the caster, each doing 500 Arcane damage, and an additional 170 Arcane to all nearby targets within 10 yards. Maximum 20 stars. Lasts 10 sec." (51 point Talent)

Quite a nice aoe, although I am curious how the stars work, is it 1 star per target per second until 20 have dropped? Also with these new aoe spells it would be nice if they were included in some of the damage increasing talents like moonfury ad vengeance (since it seems like they both could crit).

Druid talent tree calculator - War Pirate :: Talent tree Druid

Not completely accurate, but it is the only one up right now.

#2 Lambach

Lambach

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

Wow, I hadnt really sat down with them in a calculator before...
The tree is way too bloated. It seems the resto 15 are almost mandatory, but then that makes us pick and choose our moonkin talents a lot. In its current state, its almost like you have to respec for any aoe encounters, and lost straight dmg ability to get there.

#3 Quantum

Quantum

Silent Whatnot

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

I don't want to (and am not allowed to) go into details, but there are, right now, some heavy display bugs in some talents, especially the Improved Moonkin Aura. You should really consider postponing any theorycrafting until after the alpha phase, at least when looking at concrete numbers.

#4 Khalanis

Khalanis

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:46 AM

Little (zero) discussion in the spreadsheet thread about the leaked info, and I don't want to interrupt the discussion there. So I am starting this thread to discuss the changes.

Known changes affecting moonkin:

Resto

Changed Resto Talents

Improved Mark of the Wild - Reduced to 2 ranks for 20/40% benefit (Rank 8 MotW base is +750 Armor +37 All Stats +54 All Resists, talented MotW is +1,022 Armor, +51.8 All Stats, +75.6 All Resists).

Nature's Focus - Reduced to 3 Talent points for the same effect, and moved down to Tier 1.

Subtlety - Reduced to 3 Talent points. Now only reduces of Restoration spells, and only provides dispel resistance for HoT spells. Moved down to Tier 2.

New Resto Talents

Master Shapeshifter - Grants an effect which lasts while the Druid is within the respected shapeshift form. Bear form - Increases physical damage by 2/4%. Cat form - Increases critical strike chance by 2/4% Moonkin form - Increases spell damage by 2/4%. Tree form - Increases healing by 2/4%. Requires 3 points in Natural Shapeshifter. Requires 10 points in Resto Tree.

Resto is slightly better now, getting the important talents in resto now takes 15 points instead of 18. They could make it a little more flexible by moving Master Shapeshifter down to Tier 2, while maintaining the Natural Shapeshifter requirement. That way we won't have to waste 2 points in subtlety, naturalist, or furor just to get to tier 3, and will only need 13 points in resto altogether for a dps build.

Balance

Changed Balance Talents

Brambles - Now also boosts Treant damage by 25/50/75%, and gives Thorns & Treants a 5/10/15% chance to daze for 3 seconds (Rank 8 Thorns base is 140 damage reflected, talented Thorns is 245 damage reflected).

Nature's Reach - now also reduces the threat generated by your Balance spells by 15/30%.

Improved Faerie Fire - Now also gives +1/2/3% spell hit bonus to Faerie Fire.

Dreamstate - Moved down 1 tier, now requires only 25 points in Balance.

Force of Nature - Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.

The damage output of treants may go up quite a bit, will have to see how much the shorter cooldown and dmg increase from brambles does for their raid viability. Thorns also got a more than %500 damage boost from level 70, definitely will be worth getting bramblrs now. Moving dreamstate helps Restokin hybrid builds (if those will still exist). Imp Faerie Fire finally becomes more than a "Get into Raid Free" card.

All of these changes are very nice. Looking forward to needing less hit gear already. Brambles will be very helpful in pvp, especially with the base increase to thorns, hopefully it's enough to help out.
Losing dispell protection from subtlety is a pain, hopefully it was just overlooked when switching it over to a balance talent?

Changed Balance Spells

Entangling Roots/Nature's Grasp - no longer restricted indoors.

Hurricane - Cooldown removed, attack speed reduction increased to 50%, also reduces spell casting time by 50%.

Indoor roots means the lower tree mat finally carry its weight in raids, depending on how many melee, rootable mobs are in the trash pulls. Hurricane is quite amazing now, double the effect and no cooldown.

Hurricane's cooldown may be gone, but unless you've got a tank you're still waiting on the barkskin cooldown. Still great improvements on the spell making druids another possible full time AoE class in raids.

New Balance Talents

Improved Moonkin Form - Your Moonkin Aura also causes affected targets to have a 33/66/100% chance to gain 100% spell haste when they critically hit with spells for 10 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every few seconds. (Requires 30 points in Balance, Requires Moonkin Form)

Well we have been asking for improved moonkin aura of some kind for quite a while, but I think anyone suggesting this particular version of it would have been laughed off the boards. There must be some caveat we aren't thinking of but maybe they just REALLY want people to take us to raids.

Perhaps this just applies to 1 spell? I can't imagine 100% spell haste for 10s, that would be awesome if it worked that way though =D

Owlkin Frenzy - Attacks done to you while in Moonkin form have a 5/10/15% chance to cause you to go into a Frenzy, increasing your spell haste by 25% and increasing your damage by 10%. Lasts 10 sec. (Requires 35 points in Balance, Requires Moonkin Form)

Looks like fun, pvp mainly, but I would put one point in it for random boss aoe if there are points to spare.

Could definitely be worth picking up if you planned on using a lot of AoE, and the obvious PvP benefit is pretty good.

Eclipse - When you critically hit with Starfire, you have a 20/40/60% chance of increasing damage done by Wrath by 10%. When you critically hit with Wrath, you have a 20/40/60% chance of increasing your critical strike chance with Starfire by 10%. Effect lasts 30 sec. (Requires 40 points in Balance)

People were saying this was pvp only, but with this screenshot confirming the duration is 30 seconds, I think this could be raid-worthy.

Seems like an interesting talent. You could see people stacking the gear for which of the two they wanted to use as the mainstay spell. Would at the very least spice up raid DPSing a bit, with a proc to watch for.

Gale Winds - Increases damage done by your Hurricane and Typhoon spells by 25/50%, and increases the range of your Cyclone spell by 10/20%. (Requires 40 points in Balance)

May be worth it if there is a lot of aoe to do in WotLK raids.

50% dmg on an AoE spell is a big number increase.
I hope this brings cyclone up to 36 yard range like the rest of our balance spells. I felt that cyclone range change in pvp, and I would love if I could get it back.

Typhoon (Rank 1, 645 Mana, Instant, 20 yd range, 2 min cooldown) - You summon a violent Typhoon that does 530 Nature damage when in contact with hostile targets, knocking them back 5 yards. (41 point talent, requires Moonkin Form)

Interesting, I am guessing it will work like the zuljin phase 3 tornadoes, but do the damage on the knockback, not on spellcasting (though that might have been cooler).

Seems interesting. Is it just a 1 shot spell that pops up on your target/with an AoE target? Or do you summon it at yourself and it sticks around for a bit? Interested in the specifics of this spell.

Nature's Fury - Converts 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus healing into bonus spell damage. In addition, your Wrath and Starfire spells have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance of applying the Nature's Fury debuff on the target. The Nature's Fury debuff increases Nature and Arcane damage done to the target by 2%. Lasts 12 sec. Stacks up to 3 times. (Requires 45 points in Balance)

Well this will theoretically let us wear resto gear, I hope that doesn't mean that is all they will give us to wear. Th stacking debuff on the target is long overdue, but still way behind the equivalent fire and shadow debuffs. I would like to see it stack to at least 10%, preferably 15%, to help out the Arcane Mages and Elemental Shamans too.

Considering how good some healing gear is for moonkins right now, this talent could easily make gearing for two roles all the easier, especially in pvp where you might want to wear healing gear. Awesome debuff, makes elemental shammies want a moonkin in the raid even more =P

Starfall (Rank 1, 866 mana, instant, 30 yd range, 3 min cooldown) - You summon a flurry of stars from the sky on all targets within 30 yards of the caster, each doing 500 Arcane damage, and an additional 170 Arcane to all nearby targets within 10 yards. Maximum 20 stars. Lasts 10 sec." (51 point Talent)

Quite a nice aoe, although I am curious how the stars work, is it 1 star per target per second until 20 have dropped? Also with these new aoe spells it would be nice if they were included in some of the damage increasing talents like moonfury ad vengeance (since it seems like they both could crit).

It seems like celestial focus would go well with starfall as well.

Wow, I hadnt really sat down with them in a calculator before...
The tree is way too bloated. It seems the resto 15 are almost mandatory, but then that makes us pick and choose our moonkin talents a lot. In its current state, its almost like you have to respec for any aoe encounters, and lost straight dmg ability to get there.

ya, looks like it's 6 points more than the current bloating. (59/0/12) vs (44/0/17) Hopefully that gets taken care of over the course of the testing.

#5 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

back in my day, we tanked uphill in the snow

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

There's a lot of nice changes here to look forward to, but one of the ones I find most interesting is Eclipse (and similar talents in other classes new trees) - it seems like Blizzard is trying to move away from the "faceroll your maximum DPS spell rotation" and towards a more active and involved caster play style.

#6 Maax

Maax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:55 AM

I don't want to (and am not allowed to) go into details, but there are, right now, some heavy display bugs in some talents, especially the Improved Moonkin Aura. You should really consider postponing any theorycrafting until after the alpha phase, at least when looking at concrete numbers.

Thanks, I had a feeling that it was something like that. I'd prefer a tooltip error to a overreaction nerf later. I'll make a note of it in the OP.

#7 Kobal

Kobal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

New Balance Talents

So how will that work on say the Loop of Cursed Bones, which reads

Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 32.

Will this now give 38 spell damage to a Moonkin?

#8 Maax

Maax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

It could mean that, or maybe they will change all current +damage and healing items to be +damage only. No way to know for sure until we see some items. There is also a similar new talent for shadow priests, and presumably elemental shamans will get a similar talent.

#9 Lolaan

Lolaan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

I think the bloating may be on purpose, I've been looking at a lot of the trees and i think blizzard is trying to make people make choices about talents instead of having cookie cutter builds with all the talents they need for what they're doing.

Just my theory =)

Haven't been a boomkin much but been thinking about it for the expansion, thanks for the write up.

As far as the haste thing, I'm betting its gonna be like that meta used to be and its 100% haste on one spell, not all spells for 10 seconds. Still very nice though.

#10 Scarius

Scarius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

The thing that excites me most, is the addition of aoe that could really make a difference to the raid. The loss of hurricanes CD makes it amazing in my eyes. Typhoon and Starfall sound like icing on the cake.

The Treant buff is also very welcome although i would like a pet bar, if just to recall them out of an aoe or switch targets.

30% reduced threat opposed to 20% is also huge. I'm finding myself starting to push threat on a lot of fights and as i refine my gear i feel that threat will be my next big problem.

Improved Moonkin Aura. All i have to say is that my group will be out of mana so very fast. I run with alot of haste and with this on top i may have to evaluate my gear choices alot more.

All in all im pumped about the balance changes and can't wait till WOTLK.

#11 PsyBomb

PsyBomb

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

The thing that excites me most, is the addition of aoe that could really make a difference to the raid. The loss of hurricanes CD makes it amazing in my eyes. Typhoon and Starfall sound like icing on the cake.

The Treant buff is also very welcome although i would like a pet bar, if just to recall them out of an aoe or switch targets.

30% reduced threat opposed to 20% is also huge. I'm finding myself starting to push threat on a lot of fights and as i refine my gear i feel that threat will be my next big problem.

Improved Moonkin Aura. All i have to say is that my group will be out of mana so very fast. I run with alot of haste and with this on top i may have to evaluate my gear choices alot more.

All in all im pumped about the balance changes and can't wait till WOTLK.

Typhoon sounds more PvP than anything, though we'll have to see the specifics of the spell before any decision can be made. Starfall, though... well, the spell deals exponentially more mand more damage the more opponents you have clumped up together, since each of the Starfall strikes deals splash damage. Think of Illidan's demon phase flame volleys for an example here, on fights like Solarian, Tidewalker, Hyjal trash, or AV low road/bridge fight the spell is STUPIDLY good in its current form.

I definitely like what they did with the first 3 tiers of Rest for us, as well, though ideally Master Shapeshifter will be moved to Tier 2 (prereq can stay). I agree that the talent tree is very bloated, but I like that. In its current form, the trees create some extremely difficult choices for the last 5 points or so, choices that can have a dramatic effect on your final tuning. it finally (FINALLY) gives a good set of choices for team "Elune Hates You" Moonkin PvP specs, which also happens to contain most of the good grinding talents too. The choice comes, in the current form, where you have pure DPS, control talents, and mana regen... but you can only chose to have 2 of the 3. As I said, I LIKE this, it's the kind of feel that talent choice should have had all along.

As for the treants, is it just me, or are they feeling a LOT like a Water Elemental summon now? The come out for a short time every few minutes, and represent a massive DPS increase for their presence. This, along with some control ability now added (since every Moonkin should be taking Brambles for their trees now). I'm not complaining, other than the wish for a control bar. They could all react to the commands easily enough, you just wouldn't be able to manage them individually.

Imp. Moonkin aura... well, it seems obvious to me that it can NOT stay in its current form, period. It is just too good, too big of a DPS increase for both us and our teammates. I mean, chaining 1.5-second Starfires is very nice, but it's just stupidly strong. This talent is going to stay in one of 3 forms. 1) it comes as a 100% haste buff on-proc, but only on a single spellcast. if this is the form, it will also likely have a 10-15 second internal cooldown. 2) it comes as a much, much lower boost (10-20% tops), but as a static haste bonus or as written now, with the longer duration and affecting all spells in that span. 3) it could change to a totally different form, perhaps causing mana refunds on-crit

last comment is on our new debuff on-hit from our main nukes. All I have to say is "YES!", and I think Arcane mages and Elemental shamans (along with their Enhancement cousins) are cheering along with us. This is the capstone of the new trend, and we now have a huge amount of perfectly-scaling % damage talents, and taking them all will see a significant DPS boost, especially once we get to T8-9 raiding (T7 is neo-Naxx).

Taken as a whole, I'm extremely glad we're getting that big of a threat-reducing talent. We're going to need it.
To teach and to learn, to laugh and make others laugh. This is my purpose, and any day in which I don't wasn't worth the time it took to get through.

#12 Gifted

Gifted

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

I don't think it's a good idea to get hopes too high for this "new and improved" balance tree. It seems as if Blizzard has done more than throw balance druids a bone, they've given it to us on a golden platter. However, it would be nice to see balance druids as the new sort of "enhancement" shamans but for casters instead...

#13 spi

spi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:18 AM

As of now this definately gives bonus to your moonkin gear. so if you have 1000 spell dmg, it will boost it to 1200. It's a sweet deal.

#14 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:13 AM

As of now this definately gives bonus to your moonkin gear. so if you have 1000 spell dmg, it will boost it to 1200. It's a sweet deal.

Does it affect your +healing at all?

i.e. If you had 1000heal/1000dmg before, and you now have 1200dmg, is your +healing still at +1000 or is it at 800?

#15 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

There doesn't seem to be any information as to wether this effects Damage items (Spell Damage & Healing) or just Healing items (Healing & 33% Spell Damage), it sounds rather too strong if it effects Damage items though.

#16 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

There doesn't seem to be any information as to wether this effects Damage items (Spell Damage & Healing) or just Healing items (Healing & 33% Spell Damage), it sounds rather too strong if it effects Damage items though.

There appears to be a few people saying it affects dmg/heal gear as well as heal/dmg gear. And crunching the numbers if it only affected heal/dmg gear it's somewhat pointless as all the talent lets you do is wear healing gear instead of dmg gear (and even then single school dmg is still better) while missing out more than likely on other "dps-only" stats like spell hit. That's hardly an attractive talent. It's not even more than a marginal dps upgrade over wearing normal dmg gear from a pure +dmg point of view.

Also it only coming from +healing gear doesn't make sense from the wording of the talents.

There's a stat called Bonus Healing on the character screen. This is the total from all +healing sources including dmg/heal. The talents refer to bonus healing.

I'm wondering however about the word "converts" and if it lowers increases your bonus damage at the expense of bonus healing or not.

#17 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

There appears to be a few people saying it affects dmg/heal gear as well as heal/dmg gear. And crunching the numbers if it only affected heal/dmg gear it's somewhat pointless as all the talent lets you do is wear healing gear instead of dmg gear (and even then single school dmg is still better) while missing out more than likely on other "dps-only" stats like spell hit. That's hardly an attractive talent. It's not even more than a marginal dps upgrade over wearing normal dmg gear from a pure +dmg point of view.

Also it only coming from +healing gear doesn't make sense from the wording of the talents.

There's a stat called Bonus Healing on the character screen. This is the total from all +healing sources including dmg/heal. The talents refer to bonus healing.

I'm wondering however about the word "converts" and if it lowers increases your bonus damage at the expense of bonus healing or not.

Well, first off, the talent is really about the stacking debuff on the boss, not the heal->damage conversion. You're right that such a talent would be lackluster if that was the only benefit, but more because I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing any off-tier spell damage leather anymore. My guess is that, given they want to consolidate itemization so that we don't see wasted drops anymore, we'll be wearing tier gear where it exists, and healing leather in the remaining slots. This talent, besides the debuff, brings that gear to be on par with damage leather. They don't want this conversion to be accessible to all Druids, as it would make healers too powerful, but to give us a talent that only has the conversion would be a nasty way to go, forcing us to spend talents to cover their lack of itemization. So they split the difference and tacked it onto a talent they knew we'd take.

#18 spi

spi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

I am telling you right now it works for both dmg/healing items and healing/dmg items. It directly converts percentage of your "bonus healing" to "Spell damage" in your character sheet.

If you have 1000/1000 dmg/healing, you'll end up with 1200dmg/1000 healing.

#19 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

I am telling you right now it works for both dmg/healing items and healing/dmg items. It directly converts percentage of your "bonus healing" to "Spell damage" in your character sheet.

If you have 1000/1000 dmg/healing, you'll end up with 1200dmg/1000 healing.

I'm interested in how you know this, as it's not on any major site, nor is it self-evident in the talent description which was datamined from the alpha client. So either you have a legitimate copy of the client, and are thus under NDA and should not be posting this, or you have an illegitimate copy of the client, which may not be functioning how the legitimate one would, beyond the obvious breaking of the ToS.

Please keep the discussion here to things that are available to the general public, which currently includes pretty much just the talent changes. The mods here were very specific in their instructions on just what sort of discussion they'll support on this board.

#20 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

The Brambles change will be murder to ferals and rogues in battlegrounds. 245 damage is higher than a lot of offhands, and is a significant fraction of a level 70 kitty's white damage. Throw in a daze in the first three seconds, and you've got to pitty that 71 rogue in the 71-80 AV, where every single opponent will start out wearing Thorns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users