• Please log in to reply
793 replies to this topic

#1 jilanea

jilanea

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

I couldn't find a thread about general macro questions so I made this.

My specific question is how do you write a macro that eats the biggest healthstone you have in your inventory, ideally without linking to specific bag slots (made by warlocks with different tallent points). Seem like it should be doable, but as they have the same name might not be. Not seem this listed anywhere despite reading the huge warlock macro thread WoW Forums -> My Warlock Macros (2.1.0)
If needed first 3 slots of my backpack would be useful as the slots eaten from.

#2 Issues

Issues

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

I've not heard of something like this being possible (I could be wrong), but the easiest way would be to just make a /use Master Healthstone macro, then just order them biggest->smallest in the first 3 slots of bag1. It ofc takes slightly more work having to reorganise them each time you pick up new stones, but as far as i'm aware, you cant have a macro do it for you.

#3 Slake

Slake

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:23 PM

I'm not sure if you can use item id's in macro commands yet, or whether that'll be in 2.2, but you can always do:

/castsequence 22105, 22104, 22103

or something similar.

#4 Sarutobi

Sarutobi

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1394 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

The easiest way to do it is to just have a macro like:

/use Master Healthstone

Assuming you're using 3 master healthstones from warlocks with different ranks of improved healthstones. The order in which they are used is determined by their position in your bags from top-left to bottom-right, bag 0(backpack)-4.

#5 Marroc

Marroc

Now you're thinking with portals!

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:52 PM

I'm not sure if you can use item id's in macro commands yet, or whether that'll be in 2.2, but you can always do:

/castsequence 22105, 22104, 22103
or something similar.

Close.

item:#### :P

#6 Opioid

Opioid

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:46 PM

You cannot just check to see if something exists in your backpack or not. Ultimately, you have to specify the slot or just put up with the standard WoW logic path for eating the first thing in your inventory. There isn't a way to always be sure you're eating the biggest healthstone in your backpack at all times whenever you push the button.

#7 Mightydre

Mightydre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:01 AM

I'm doing what you're trying to do, but with this addon:

WoWInterface Downloads : AutoRack

It allows you to define a list of items for each of up to 8 of your bag slots, each hotkey-able, and it'll move the highest priority item in each list that isn't on cooldown into its corresponding slot. For example, I use it with 2 slots. In one slot, I have a list of healthstones and health potions, in that order. In the second slot, I have mana gems and mana pots, also in that order. Usually at the start of a fight, I'll have a healthstone and a mana gem in the corresponding 2 slots. If I hit my hotkey for the healthstone/health pot slot to use the healthstone that was there, conjured items are now on cooldown, so it'll swap a health pot into the first slot, and a mana pot into the second.

#8 caird

caird

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

/use item:22105

/use item:22104

/use item:22103

/use Charged Crystal Focus
Works like a charm.

#9 archz0r

archz0r

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

I'd like to know if it's possible to have one macro in which you both summon your Water Elemental, and use it's nova, but the pet should only be summoned if I don't have another Water Elemental active.

I'm aware of what commands to use to summon the pet and use the ability, but is there any condition like [nopet] or something similiar?

Something like this, though I don't know what to use within the [].
/cast [nopet?] Water Elemental
/click PetActionButton5

Any help is appreciated.

#10 Aranan

Aranan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

Here's what I use:

#show Summon Water Elemental
/use Xi'ri's Gift
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/click [pet] PetActionButton7

#11 Guest_Akomos_*

Guest_Akomos_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

/cast Freeze works as well. Personally I favor:

/cast [pet] Freeze

#12 Seife

Seife

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:12 AM

Works like a charm.

I'm using this also, it really is great. Additionally, you can set up your zone-specific Mana Potions the same way.

#13 chrull

chrull

弾幕

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:26 AM

I'm using this also, it really is great. Additionally, you can set up your zone-specific Mana Potions the same way.

#showicon
/use item:32902
/use item:32903
/use item:22832

Should be right i think. Gonna try it tonight.

#14 Noekoe

Noekoe

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:40 AM

Wouldnt it just be easier to put your healthstones on your bars and make a key-binding to it? Your bars do not have to be visible to be key-binded.

#15 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5668 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

Wouldnt it just be easier to put your healthstones on your bars and make a key-binding to it? Your bars do not have to be visible to be key-binded.

Unless you can bind ONE key to MULTIPLE buttons, no. In times of long boss fights and 3 warlocks in the raid group to supply 3 different healthstones its quite handy to have a 1 button mash macro to swallow a healthstone in emergency cases.
How to get an Android Authenticator on your PC. (updated feb'11)

http://goo.gl/fackr

#16 Aranan

Aranan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:11 PM

/cast Freeze works as well. Personally I favor:

/cast [pet] Freeze

Did the nova spell get renamed? I seem to recall it used to be called "Frost Nova" just like the mage spell which is why people had to resort to the /click PetActionButton business.

Either way, /case Freeze is cleaner so I'll just change my macros to that now. Thanks. :)

#17 Slake

Slake

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

Yes, the Water Elemental's nova spell had its name changed for that very reason.

#18 Xhunter

Xhunter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

Where can you get an item's id number from?

#19 Belenos

Belenos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

Where can you get an item's id number from?

From a Wowhead or Thottbot URL, among other places. Some mods will also show it in-game (I think Pawn and RatingBuster can do this).

#20 Tehehe

Tehehe

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:39 PM

Works like a charm.

Am I missing some sort of advantage that using Item IDs give over a macro like the following provides?
/use Master Healthstone
/use Major Healthstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users