• Please log in to reply
793 replies to this topic

#21 jgoldrb48

jgoldrb48

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

Can this same thing be done with mage mana gems?

Anyone have the item codes (for the gems)?

#22 Guest_Akomos_*

Guest_Akomos_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

Read the thread. Healthstones give different values at different talent investments, but the item itself has the same name.

Mana gems are easysauce. Go read the sticky at the top of the official Mage board.

#23 Belenos

Belenos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

Am I missing some sort of advantage that using Item IDs give over a macro like the following provides?

/use Master Healthstone
/use Major Healthstone
/use Charged Crystal Focus

Using item IDs lets you distinguish between items with the same name. So by using a macro, you could specify to try to use an improved healthstone before a standard one, and so on.

#24 Rayyeter

Rayyeter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

If you would rather not use a macro, autobar will do this for you, after setup. It puts the most powerful of the same class of item first, and goes down from there.
You must obey the Dance Commander!

#25 Emeli

Emeli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

Hi, I recently started leveling a druid, and as i want to use all possible ways to improve my character i wanted macros to switch weapons to healing mace/oh in caster and strenght mace in forms.

I started with:

#show Bear form
/cancelform [noflying]
/cast [nostance] Bear Form

and

#show Cat form
/cancelform [noflying]
/cast [nostance] Cat Form

since i really need to leave any form by pressing any forms button.

After browsing some forums, i didnt find anything useful really, so i mixed a few macros i found together(with my absolute limited macro knowledge) and came up with

#show Bear form
/cancelform [noflying]
/cast [nostance] Bear Form
/equip [stance:1] Death Speaker Scepter
/equip [stance:1] Pagan Rod of the Eagle
/equip [nostance] Hefty Battlehammer of Strength

and

#show Cat form
/cancelform [noflying]
/equip [stance:3] Death Speaker Scepter
/equip [stance:3] Pagan Rod of the Eagle

On the 1st glimpse they seem fine, but some strange things happen:

1st of all, sometimes i get no global when leaving a form(like it should be) and sometimes it gets a global(which is kinda deadly in close situations). Also it doesnt change weapons all the time.

Hope to get some answers, thank you already for reading if you got this far :)

#26 Belenos

Belenos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:00 PM

CasterWeaponSwapper was designed to do other stuff, but it also will swap to a "bear set" or "cat set" of weapons when you shift. Unfortunately it swaps as soon as you shift, which does invoke the cooldown. It is on my list to delay until you first use a spell/ability, so the cooldown overlaps with the global cooldown.

#27 Scurn

Scurn

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:52 PM

#show Cat form
/cancelform [noflying]
/equip [stance:3] Death Speaker Scepter
/equip [stance:3] Pagan Rod of the Eagle

On the 1st glimpse they seem fine, but some strange things happen:

1st of all, sometimes i get no global when leaving a form(like it should be) and sometimes it gets a global(which is kinda deadly in close situations). Also it doesnt change weapons all the time.

Hope to get some answers, thank you already for reading if you got this far :)

I believe that the global comes from equipping your weapon when you shift out. If you are in combat then weapon swaps activate the global while if you are not in combat it doesn't. I like using ItemRack to swap a weapon when I shift in since the global is already going but it's a bad idea to do when shifting out.

#28 Opioid

Opioid

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

Did the nova spell get renamed? I seem to recall it used to be called "Frost Nova" just like the mage spell which is why people had to resort to the /click PetActionButton business.

Either way, /case Freeze is cleaner so I'll just change my macros to that now. Thanks. :)

No, click is better. Cast gets in the way of /stopcasting, for one, and you can't do two casts from one macro. Using click petactionbutton is the better practice.

Seduce macros for one essentially require you to use /click petactionbutton if you want to use them while you are casting a spell. The instant nature of freeze makes it a little different, but its better discipline to just use the "right" way, in case anything changes in the future or you're dealing with a different pet, &c &c

#29 Shurik

Shurik

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

Sorry, but I didn't find any other thread for it:

For arena matches (2v2) it is very useful to /focus one opponent and try to kill the other. By using certain macros you don't have to switch targets to e.g. counterspell the incoming heal.
As a rogue I use this kind of macro for Blind:

/cast [target=focus] blind

I want to use the same for my kick. The problem is, that I sometimes also have to kick my target and not my focus. One simple way to avoid this, would be two different macros:

/cast [target=focus] kick

and 2.
/cast kick

This is a little annoying as you have two buttons for only one ability or stick to target switching.
So I tried to put it into one macro and here is my problem. My macros will either only kick my focus targer or only my target. But it actually should kick my focus and only kick my target if the focus target is not in range. Anyone an idea, if it is actually possible to have this kind of macro?

Sorry if my English isn't the best. I'm German.
Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
- Arnold H. Glasow

#30 Sarutobi

Sarutobi

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

Now that I have 2 trinkets with an 'on use' effect ( and ), I'm attempting to create a macro that I can use to activate each whenever the cooldown is available. So I tried adding the following line to one of my Healing Wave macros:

/castsequence reset=60/combat Lower City Prayerbook, Ribbon of Sacrifice
/script UIErrorFrame:Clear()
<Rest of macro which works fine>

When I use this, the works and I start casting a Healing wave as usual, however, when the LCPB buff ends and it should, in theory, activate the nothing happens. Is there something in the castsequence portion of the macro that I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I'm a dumbass and misspelled 'ribbon'

#31 Delita

Delita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:40 PM

To the rogue having the kick problems, include a modifier to shift or control if you want to kick your non-focus or focus target.

/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] kick

I think that should work. I don't think that you can run a check to see if your focus is in range for a kick.

To Sarutobi with those lines, what I'm reading is that you want to cast them in sequence by pushing a button, and having is reset in 60s, so if you happen to jam the macro twice in 3 seconds, the first click will enable the first trinket, and the second click the second trinket, yes? If so,

"/castsequence reset=60/combat Lower City Prayerbook, Ribbon of Sacrifice
/script UIErrorFrame:Clear()"

I think it's in your reset sequence. try /castsequence [reset=60, combat] or something to that effect, I don't quite know how to wire 2 conditionals into the current square bracket system yet, I'm still getting used to macroing on a larger scale.

#32 Smooglab

Smooglab

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

I'm currently using the

/use item:22105
/use item:22104
/use item:22103
/use Charged Crystal Focus

(healthstones)

and the

/use item:32904
/use item:32905
/use item:31852
/use item:31838
/use item:31853

(healing potions)

macro's, I am wondering is it possible for these macro's to also show the 2minute cooldown on the button and it to lit up when either of those items are in my bags?

I'm quite sure it does this by default when using full names (such as: Master Healthstones) but it doesn't seem to do so when using item:-codes.

#33 Ele'

Ele'

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:11 PM

macro's, I am wondering is it possible for these macro's to also show the 2minute cooldown on the button and it to lit up when either of those items are in my bags?

Just use a #showtooltip with the full name of one of those items on top of those macros, I use this and it works like a charm :).
#showtooltip Master Healthstone
/use item:22105
/use item:22104
/use item:22103
/use item:32578

#34 Tys

Tys

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

Using #showtooltip, or #showtooltip Master Healthstone doesn't work right for me. Sometimes it works once, but when I use one Healthstone the icon remains greyed out, showing "0" items left (sometimes it doesn't work at all). The macro still allows me to take all stones, but I can't see if there is one left. Thats quite irritating during fight.
I even tried to set #showtooltip before every single line or #showtooltip item:22105 and so on, but nothing really seems to work.

I would be really happy with the possibility of having just one keybind for all stones, but I need to see if there are any stones left, or if I better should take a potion/trinket.

#35 Ele'

Ele'

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

I don't think it's possible with macros alone. You should try to look for a mod, I think there are some "intelligent" bars specialized for consumables out there.

Using a macro, the #showtooltip seems to be the closer to what you want (at least you have the cooldown showing).

#36 DAV0S

DAV0S

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

I'd like to know if it's possible to have one macro in which you both summon your Water Elemental, and use it's nova, but the pet should only be summoned if I don't have another Water Elemental active.

I'm aware of what commands to use to summon the pet and use the ability, but is there any condition like [nopet] or something similiar?

Something like this, though I don't know what to use within the [].

/cast [nopet?] Water Elemental
/click PetActionButton5

Any help is appreciated.

There are two macros I find very useful with the Water Elemental:
#showtooltip Summon Water Elemental
/use [nopet] 13
/stopcasting [nopet]
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/stopmacro [nopet]
/petpassive
/petattack [target=mouseover,harm]
/stopmacro [target=mouseover,harm]
/petattack

#showtooltip [pet] Freeze; Summon Water Elemental
/use [nopet] 13
/stopcasting [nopet]
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/stopmacro [nopet]
/click PetActionButton5

The first uses my (I only tend to equip one "use" trinket, and put it in the TOP trinket slot, 13) and summons the Ele (which now will have Icon's spell damage bonus), sets him to Passive (so he doesn't run off attacking the wrong target or stopping repeatedly to chase a running target), and tells it to attack my current target. Clicking again while the Ele is out will make it attack my current target.

The second is quite similar, but instead of telling it to attack my target, this one brings up the Ele's Freeze reticle.

This is also posted in the Stopcasting thread, but here looks like a more appropriate place for it to be:
While I try to use stopcasting macros in raids, at some points my attention needs to be in other places than my cast bar. For times like this I like to be able to simply mash a button.
When I can give my cast bar attention, however, I would like to be able to right-click/alt-press (currently I use a spell hotlink to mash and a macro to stopcast) the same macro, thus saving a displayed button.

The best I've come up with is:

#showtooltip Fireball
/cast [nobutton:2] [nomodifier:alt] Fireball;
/stopcasting [button:2] [modifier:alt]
/cast [button:2][modifier:alt] Fireball

Or

#showtooltip Fireball
/stopcasting [button:2][modifier:alt]
/cast Fireball

Either works fine if you mash, and will stopcast/start new cast once, but not a second stopcast/cast...

Any suggestions?

(Sorry for the huge post)

#37 Elrad

Elrad

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

Using #showtooltip, or #showtooltip Master Healthstone doesn't work right for me. Sometimes it works once, but when I use one Healthstone the icon remains greyed out, showing "0" items left (sometimes it doesn't work at all). The macro still allows me to take all stones, but I can't see if there is one left. Thats quite irritating during fight.
I even tried to set #showtooltip before every single line or #showtooltip item:22105 and so on, but nothing really seems to work.

I would be really happy with the possibility of having just one keybind for all stones, but I need to see if there are any stones left, or if I better should take a potion/trinket.

I've found that there's no way to glean all the info about every available item covered by the macro. The most suitable solution for me was to just set the #showtooltip to whichever item was the final one in the macro.

That way, if the quantity shown starts to drop (e.g. for Charged Crystal Focus), you'll know that everything else before it has been used. Also, because all items in your macro share the same cooldown, when you use it, the cooldown should display properly (given that you have at least one of the item named in your #showtooltip).

Hope this helps!

#38 Draught

Draught

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:39 AM

/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] kick

I think that should work. I don't think that you can run a check to see if your focus is in range for a kick.

I believe with 2.22 (maybe 2.2.3) there was a slight change to the macro system and the way it handles options. To make sure this works add exists to the conditional and an extra [] before kick.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift,target=focus,exists] [] kick

Now holding shift will kick the focus target if that target exists (probably should add harm also but I guess a rogue is probably not going to set a friendly focus). If there is no focus target (while shift is held) it does nothing. If shift is not held it will simply attempt to kick the current target.

#39 Tys

Tys

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

I've found that there's no way to glean all the info about every available item covered by the macro. The most suitable solution for me was to just set the #showtooltip to whichever item was the final one in the macro.

That way, if the quantity shown starts to drop (e.g. for Charged Crystal Focus), you'll know that everything else before it has been used. Also, because all items in your macro share the same cooldown, when you use it, the cooldown should display properly (given that you have at least one of the item named in your #showtooltip).

Hope this helps!

Well thats a simple but good idea :) Thanks.

#40 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:11 PM

I didn't realize that Healthstones could be macro'd by their item ID - very useful.

I've always wondered, though, if it would somehow be possible to macro all health-returning items (e.g. Super Healing Potion, Master Healthstone, etc.) to 1 key. I have no idea what the macro would look like, but I just want to save myself the extra keybind. At this point, I've reduced myself to clicking healthstones. >.<

I understand that they can't be used simultaneously via macro, but could a macro be set up to use a Healthstone if available and not on cooldown, or a potion if Healthstone is unavailable/on cooldown? If so, how?

Frankly I don't know how you non-Nordic people can breed in good conscience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users