• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

/use Master Healthstone
/use Super Healing Potion
/use Charged Crystalfocus
/use Felblossom
etc.

should work fine, I think. I didn't try it, because I like to see the Cooldown on Healing Potions/Rage Potions/whatever and Healthstones/Crystalfocus/etc., as they do not share one Cooldown, and you won't see any Cooldowns with this Makro. Maybe using one Keybind for Potions and one for Stones would be the better Solution.

#42 Dontmindme

Dontmindme

King Hippo

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

I forget whether a Healthstone has a GCD or not, but if it doesn't, I believe the preceding macro would eat up both the Healthstone and the Healing Potion and anything else on a separate cooldown on the first click.

#43 Drunkmunky

Drunkmunky

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

I think it won't eat up both the Healthstone and the Healing Potion in one click because blizzard changed it so macro's couldn't do more than one thing in one click. If it does however you could add a [noexist:item:22105] before the healing pot? Not sure if that would work, probably not because it looks so retarded.

#44 Kombinat

Kombinat

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

My recent macros:

#showtooltip Disease Cleansing Totem
/cast [button:1] Cure Disease
/cast [button:2] Disease Cleansing Totem

Just changes the functionality based on which mouse button I use. I'm not likely to drop a disease cleansing totem while solo. That and it removes one button from my bars. I've also got a similar macro for Poison cleansing.

#showtooltip [combat] Super Healing Potion; [nocombat] Telaari Grapes
/use [combat] Super Healing Potion; [nocombat] Telaari Grapes

I'm not sure that the conditionals on the #showtooltip are a necessity, but it seems to work well enough. Yet again, this was done to eliminate one more button. And I've got the same thing for mana pots/water. Now the only thing I need to make it perfect is a conditional to make it use my buff food of choice while in a 25 man.

Strange that I write macros to make my ui more aesthetically pleasing, rather than to fulfill a certain specific function. I guess us enhancement shamans are really one-trick-ponies.

I think you could probably write a one button healthstone / health pot macro using [exists] and [noexists] conditionals, but to get it in under the 255 char limit would be one heck of a stretch. You'd almost have to use item ID's just to save space.

#45 aquasheep

aquasheep

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

You can definitely make a one-button HS/pot macro without exist conditionals (I don't think exist conditionals will work with consumables anyways). Mine looks something like:

/use Master Healthstone
/use Charged Crystal Focus
/use [nomodifier] Bottled Nethergon Vapor
/use [nomodifier] Cenarion Healing Salve
/use [nomodifier] Super Healing Potion

It will run down the list in order and drink whatever isn't on cooldown; i.e. if HS is on cooldown, it will just drop down and do one of the potions. Otherwise, it will do both HS and pot, unless I hold down shift.

#46 Sauron

Sauron

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

Hi. I'm kind of new to the whole macro thing. I was looking for a macro that will simply stop my cast and then start casting a frostbolt. I use Quartz now, and it works fine.
Just need the macro and I'm not clever enough to write it myself.
Either way, it's not me you need to worry about.

#47 Aranan

Aranan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

/stopcasting
/cast Frostbolt

#48 Camaris

Camaris

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

Ooh.. those are some very nice macros. Thanks a lot, will be using those tonight!

#49 Varag

Varag

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

n/a

#50 Mooncore

Mooncore

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

Hi there, is there any possibilty make a macro for charge/slam/white attack/MS , well when i cast my slam my swing reseting , may b a macro can solve that problem for me :)

#51 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Stopped Playing

#52 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

A stealth/vanish macro I've found quite useful for PvP/farming/bossfights.

1) Dismounts you if mounted.
2) If you are stealthed, destealth.
3) If you are in combat and not stealthed, vanish.
4) If you are not in combat, stealth.

It does not use vanish when you are in combat and already stealthed (at least I hope so, just recently added the second line which should prevent exactly this).

#showtooltip Vanish
/dismount
/cast [stealth] Stealth
/cast [combat, nostealth] Vanish
/cast [nocombat] Stealth

Stopped Playing

#53 Ugato

Ugato

Fun Sponge

•  Patrons
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:23 AM

I'd appreciate some help with this if anyone's willing:

I'm making a basic macro for tanking as a non-prot warrior (man... talk about a masochist eh?). No big tanking jobs atm, just raid trash on some occassions. I'm really just looking to tie shield block, revenge, sunder all to the same key (i.e. a macro, and in that particular order), but obviously being the clueless person that I am, I simply use /cast /cast /cast, then quickly realize that the button is locked down by the SB cooldown after the first hit. Anyone wanna help with a bit of macroing, and possibly a little education at the same time? =)

#54 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

/castsequence [combat] Shield Block, Revenge, Sunder Armor

or to make it go back to Shield Block when the cooldown is back up:

/castsequence reset=5 [combat] Shield Block, Revenge, Sunder Armor

I wasn't sure about the shield block cooldown anymore, but it was 5 seconds I believe?

#55 Muarf

Muarf

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

I just rolled a Paladin and I use this macro:
#showtooltip 
/cast judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of [your choice]

It works great but sometimes when the target goes away due to lag I'm out of range for Judgement even if my UI tells me I'm in range. So the macro just casts the seal.

Is there any possibility to cast the seal ONLY if the judgement has been made?

#56 Ele'

Ele'

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

Is there any possibility to cast the seal ONLY if the judgement has been made?

I'd use a /castsequence. I don't know what reset you would use however, as I never played a paladin...

#57 Muarf

Muarf

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

I'd use a /castsequence. I don't know what reset you would use however, as I never played a paladin...

With the macro I use I just have to press one button to judge and seal if target is valid and in range. (Judgement is not on GCD but Seals are)

I think with /castsequence I would have to spam the macro until it judges and casts the seal.
It's almost the same, but isn't there any possibility to have a "one clic" macro to do it, with maybe a /script that checks if Judgement was cast correctly?

(edit: /castsequence reset would be Judgement cooldown I guess, 10, 9 or 8 sec depending on talents)

#58 Ele'

Ele'

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:33 AM

Sorry Muarf, I dont know :-/.

I'd like to use this thread to ask a question myself. My guild is currently learning the phase 2 and 3 of Kael'Thas, and I'd like to create a macro (using a cast sequence, for example) to apply the curses to the weapons.

For example, it should target the staff, apply CoT; then target the Mace, apply CoT; then target the shield and apply CoD; and so on. I figure that a castsequence is what I need, as I want to cast the second curse only after the first one was cast. What I dont know is, can you use something like a target modifier defined separately for each of the spells ? Or am I stuck with using a half-dozen of /target /cast macros ?

#59 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:16 PM

Castsequence macros can't change targets for you. They can however detect that you have changed targets and reset the sequence based on that, if that would help.
You could just set up on macro though with

/cast [target=staff] Curse of Tongues
/cast [target=mace] Curse of Tongues
/cast [target=axe] Curse of Doom

and then just spam that button until the casts are complete.

#60 Ele'

Ele'

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

Castsequence macros can't change targets for you. They can however detect that you have changed targets and reset the sequence based on that, if that would help.
You could just set up on macro though with

/cast [target=staff] Curse of Tongues
/cast [target=mace] Curse of Tongues
/cast [target=axe] Curse of Doom

and then just spam that button until the casts are complete.

I dont think it would work. In fact, it would just spam CoT on the staff, and that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users