Photo

Macro Questions

• Please log in to reply
793 replies to this topic

#781 Guest_Alth_*

Guest_Alth_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:15 PM

InteractUnit() is a protected function & thus not callable from a macro.

Ok, too bad. Thank for your answers :).

#782 Titanstrider

Titanstrider

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

Lately I have been working with some macros to lessen the number of keybinds I need to have for my hunter, and I am having a some problems with a certain functionality. I currently use the macro

#showtooltip Master's Call
/cast [target=player] Master's Call
/petpassive
for any situation where I need my pet to get to me quickly and stay there. However, I have been trying to somehow incorporate the ability to put my pet back on defensive with a second click of the macro, or even when pressing the macro with a modifier such as shift held down. However, I can't seem to find any way to do this, as things such as /petpassive [modifier:Shift] or /castsequence petpassive petdefensive do not work at all. Also, having both in the macro will always default to the last one obviously.

Basically what I am asking is if there is any way to add to the macro the ability for a second button press (with or without a modifier) to put my pet back to defensive. My coding skills are pretty terrible and even after some research I have failed, was wondering if anyone here with more knowledge knew of a workable solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a couple macros that vary based on left clicking it or right clicking, you can add [button:1] and [button:2] to set the pet as passive or defensive. [button:3] is the scroll wheel if you wanted to add another option like aggressive. If you prefer to bind that to a key then you'd need to use a modifier key instead like [mod:alt] rather than [button:x].

#783 darchon

darchon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

Is there a way to have a macro link an item in chat? I am looking to buy a few specific items, and would like a macro that I can spam trade with, without having to re-link the items every time.

#784 Allara

Allara

Extra Special

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:52 AM

Something like this should work. 47587 is the item ID you want to link.

/run _,l=GetItemInfo(47587) SendChatMessage(format("WTB %s",l),"CHANNEL",nil,"Trade")

#785 Blindship

Blindship

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

I used to have a macro that would allow me to target my main focus's(main assist for caster's) target (target assist). With a recent transfer of servers I lost all of my macros and have not been able to recreate this macro. I know there is something in the interface page, but I like many others am not going to remember every single button from that list :(. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#786 darchon

darchon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

/assist [target=focus]

This macro should assist your current focus target.

Something like this should work. 47587 is the item ID you want to link.

/run _,l=GetItemInfo(47587) SendChatMessage(format("WTB %s",l),"CHANNEL",nil,"Trade")

Thanks, I had to change Trade to 2 (2 being the number of the trade channel) and it worked.

#787 Hausnfranz

Hausnfranz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

I wanted to set up a foundation or ruleset for casting helpful spells. The order I'd like is as follows, how would this look as a macro?....

Single Click

cast on SELF

Modifier + Single Click

if on a ROLLOVER TARGET, cast there

if no rollover target, then...

3) FOCUS

I wanted to stay away from using different keys, modifier buttons and targeting swtiches for the same spell, instead using priority macro algorithms to sort it out. I'm sure things will change and are more complex, but I wanted to start with this.

I've heard that it's fairly slow to click on targets and then cast them, so I left TARGET out of this set. Maybe others have a good way of working it in?

#788 faight

faight

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

I wanted to set up a foundation or ruleset for casting helpful spells. The order I'd like is as follows, how would this look as a macro?....

Single Click

cast on SELF

Modifier + Single Click

if on a ROLLOVER TARGET, cast there

if no rollover target, then...

3) FOCUS

I wanted to stay away from using different keys, modifier buttons and targeting swtiches for the same spell, instead using priority macro algorithms to sort it out. I'm sure things will change and are more complex, but I wanted to start with this.

I've heard that it's fairly slow to click on targets and then cast them, so I left TARGET out of this set. Maybe others have a good way of working it in?

My base helpful spell macro as best I can recall from memory:

/cast [target=mouseover, help] [help] [target=targettarget, help] [] SpellName

I'm not 100% sure on the syntax but I'm sure you can get the idea. The macros prioritize by whichever parameter is fulfilled first. This macro should work using this priority:

Mouseover
Friendly Target
Enemy Target's Target if Friendly
Whatever happens if you have no target (the empty brackets, which for me is self cast)

I think with the new patch you can replace "target=" with "@", but I haven't gotten around to playing with it.

For a macro like you asked for I'm pretty sure this would work:

/cast [modifier, target=mouseover, help] [modifier, target=focus] Spellname; [target=player] Spellname

Basically if modifier + mouseover + friendly unit, cast.
If modifier and no mouseover, focus
If no modifier, cast on self.

Unless of course I misunderstood what you were asking, since you did ask for a modifier in your request. Personally I enjoy the first macro I posted since I can have multiple buttons bound and just mouseover a unitframe and tap a hotkey to get whatever spell I have, and if I'm searching my inventory for something and have a player targetted it heals them, or if I have the mob targetted I can just heal whomever he's hitting.

I'll post up my actual macro when I get a chance, and test out the one I posted for you as well.

#789 Hausnfranz

Hausnfranz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

Yea that is interesting. This is what I came up with, and the focus part was not working. Let me know if yours works, and if you can work focus into it.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [@focus, help] Renew; [Modifier:Shift] Renew

Just switching modifier key (focus still didn't work):

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [Modifier:Shift, @focus, help] Renew; Renew

So with one mouse click it would cast on mouseover if hovering there, otherwise it would cast on the focus. Shift + click would cast on myself. However, the focus part wasn't working. Do focus targets NEED modifiers - someone seemed to thing so?

I like the idea of also working in targettarget as you said.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [@targettarget, help] [Modifier:Shift, @focus, help] Renew; [Modifier:Ctrl] Renew

So Shift will target focus, while Ctrl will cast on myself. Otherwise it will probably hit my enemy target, and other party members on mouseover. Modifiers still not working though :(

#790 Micah

Micah

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

If you are directly copy/pasting from your own macro your modifier option needs to be all lowercase as macro options ARE case-sensitive. Try
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [@targettarget, help] [mod:shift, @focus, help] Renew; [mod:ctrl] Renew

#791 Hausnfranz

Hausnfranz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

If you are directly copy/pasting from your own macro your modifier option needs to be all lowercase as macro options ARE case-sensitive. Try

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [@targettarget, help] [mod:shift, @focus, help] Renew; [mod:ctrl] Renew

I think case sensitive was part of it. What is weird now is that the focus action works on NPC characters when I test it in town, but it will not work when I am in a group trying to cast on players...?

PS - Does anyone have example macros or advice for casting different rank healing spells? Two modifiers are already used up in the above macros - and I think everything above is essential to include. I have 5 buttons on my mouse, each casting a different type of heal spell. So I guess you could get ONE different rank in via mod:alt and just use @mouseover to hit whoever you want.

IE

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [@targettarget, help] [mod:shift, @focus, help] Greater Heal; [mod:alt, @mouseover, help] Greater Heal (Rank 1); [mod:ctrl] Greater Heal

Maybe get rid of targettarget in favor of adding another rank. You would still have to mouse over the target, so a little slower.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [mod:shift, @focus, help] Greater Heal; [mod:alt, @mouseover, help] Greater Heal (Rank 1); [mod:ctrl, @mouseover, help] Greater Heal (Rank 2); Greater Heal

#792 Ihmes

Ihmes

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

Why would you want to use lower ranks nowadays?

They broke downranking when all spells' mana costs were made %-of-basemana.

#793 MatsT

MatsT

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

While it's possible to cast more or less your entire spellbook using just one macro with a ton of modifiers, is there really a point? I usually just have one bar with normal keys, one bar with shift+keys, ctrl+keys, alt+keys etc. Then put the different spells/macros on different bars. And yeah, apart from a few very narrow examples downranking is more or less worthless these days.

#794 Drakkan

Drakkan

Banned

• Banned
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

Is there a macro for raid marking stuff?

IE something like...

/mark drakkan [star]
/mark goodshepherd [circle]
/mark daggerfallz [square]

Thanks

EDIT: So I read back a page or two and found this...

"Is there a way to showtooltip for the raid icons? I'm using /run SetRaidTarget("target",x) macro for setting and this portion works fine....."

So I'll try that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users