65 replies to this topic

#1 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Hello fellow raiders.

I would like to present to you a new log parser tool that works in a different way than existing ones (at least I never saw a such a tool, my apologies if it exists already).
In a simple word, i wanted to be able to do a deep analysis of a raid sessions, on a timeline based viewport.

A documentation (still a work in progress, actually based on an old version) has been realised by Darkbubbles (Garithos-US), big thanks to him: WCR_Manual.pdf

and few pictures:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You can find the tool (zip archive) on my own website or on Curse.com

WowCardioRaid is an offline standalone application for analysing wow combat log output. It only work for wow3.0+ logs

-Launch the program.
-Load a wowcombatlog.txt (it works in realtime)
-Watch and analyse the log in a graphic viewport
-You can Zoom and dezoom on the timeline, select time period, select spell or event. It basically shows everything.

Thank in advance for all feedback you can provide.

It only works on Windows.
I do programming on my free time, so I use only language i know better. Here I used Delphi7, because I had to be able to handle graphical feedback of thousands events, so, sorry, its not a cross plateform application. Anyway it should works well on Wine (linux) and crossover (mac)

(Please, excuse my poor english, I'm trying to do my best to be understandable. But, if some of you wants to help me to do a better presentation with some better words, do not hesitate. Thank you.)

#2 Guest_Abbi_*

Guest_Abbi_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

That's a very interesting piece of work. I like the graphic representation a lot; the squares to show combat events are very nice.

I assume you plan to be able to restrict event display to specific spells, for example?

Also, it'd be interesting to have a line graph for damage output, although it might make the display messy.

#3 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:56 AM

That's a very interesting piece of work. I like the graphic representation a lot; the squares to show combat events are very nice.

Thank you :)

I assume you plan to be able to restrict event display to specific spells, for example?

It's already the case. There is actually two ways:
-Move your mouse over an event on the time line, bring the context menu, then choose ShowOnlySpell, or ShowOnlyEvent options to watch only the same type of combat events. (keep in mind that you can zoom in and out to catch event more precisely.)
-Or you can bring up the spell or event panel (at right) and select which spell or event are shown. You can easily see every cooldown, or every cycle, and what happens exactly everywhere.

Also, it'd be interesting to have a line graph for damage output, although it might make the display messy.

I have to think about this, there is already a lot of informations. Maybe I could let the user choose to watch the HpLine or the DamageLine.
The next step I have in mind will be a standard stats calculations for the selected period of time.

#4 Slumgon

Slumgon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

Very nice tool! I've only played around 5 minutes and I already fell in love!

Is there any chance you could have the user sort players in Graphic mode? Currently it sorts player alphabetically, but I believe it would help the overview if you could move the playerrows freely. Currently I'm looking at a brutalluslog with only burn & meteorslash enabled, and here it would be easier to read, if I could sort players according to their soakgroup.

Also, is there a way to apply the Spell / Eventfilters on the right side to the EventsList?

#5 badMonkey

badMonkey

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

I like this tool a lot! Great work!
Do you plan to add the 'standard stuff' WWS offers? It would make raid analysis lots easier to handle.

#6 Elhana

Elhana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:15 AM

You can copy WoWCombatlog.txt to some other place while game is running, but in that case you will miss some of recent events that haven't been written to disk yet.

#7 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

Slumgon: I have added a way to sort players. Just drag and drop name in the unittree (at right) to sort them (this only works for player, not npc or pet), I will add a way to do this directly in the viewport later.

badMonkey: Yes, it's on the way, the new tool update provides a very basic stat breakdown. Its work for a selected period of time, or for the whole log if nothing is selected. Pet and totem are not currently counted anyway (but soon ;) ).

I've also added a simple way to add event/spell in the event list view, and an option to see Friendly fire events in the graphic viewport.

The updated tool (beta2) can be found directly here: Wow Cardio Raid - World of Warcraft - CurseForge.com
(it seems that curse syndication from the CurseForge isn't working well at this time.)

Please do not hesitate to give me all feedback as possible to improve the project if you like it. :)

#8 badMonkey

badMonkey

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

Yes, it's on the way, the new tool update provides a very basic stat breakdown. Its work for a selected period of time, or for the whole log if nothing is selected. Pet and totem are not currently counted anyway (but soon ;) ).

Great, I'm looking forward to it. Is it possible to let one set the filters in eventlist-view, too? And do you think you could add fight segmentation like WWS does, boss tries and kills? It would also be nice if you'd add to select (only) incoming/outgoing events for certain units (i.e. if I want to look up why the hell our maintank died easily).

#9 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

badMonkey:
At this time there are already few options to select spell/event, at least in graphic view. The eventlist view isn't finished yet, and needs a lot of improvments, but I have to find a good way to make filters working well in both graphic and list view (the selection logic isn't exactly the same).

Anyway in the graphic view, you can already bring the context menu over a specific unit, then call the 'events for: player' function. That will show you every events which are related to *that* player.

Also you can check/uncheck spell or event, in both spell/event right panels.

For the segmentation I have this in mind too, but not in top list actually.

#10 Slumgon

Slumgon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

Thanks! Though a little bug(?): If I filter some players, then move others around, all filters are deleted, and everything (pets etc) is shown again.

I have another featurerequest: Could you maybe add an option to save a filterset and / or to make it possible to group them and save those templates? Would be greatly appreciated!

#11 ferbmcgiggin

ferbmcgiggin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

Is the source available & would you be interested in porting it to something more cross platform?

#12 badMonkey

badMonkey

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

badMonkey:
At this time there are already few options to select spell/event, at least in graphic view. The eventlist view isn't finished yet, and needs a lot of improvments, but I have to find a good way to make filters working well in both graphic and list view (the selection logic isn't exactly the same).

Anyway in the graphic view, you can already bring the context menu over a specific unit, then call the 'events for: player' function. That will show you every events which are related to *that* player.

Also you can check/uncheck spell or event, in both spell/event right panels.

For the segmentation I have this in mind too, but not in top list actually.

Yes, but one has to choose incoming and outgoing events 'by hand', like SWING_DAMAGE and so on. It would be nice if there was a pre-sorted list of 'incoming events' and 'outgoing events' for (a) certain unit(s).

A feature request of some of my guildmates is to categorize the spells in the 'Spell'-list by class, that would make everything more easy; and that 'Player's or 'NPC's and so on in the 'Unit'-list can be (de)selectet with one click (add a checkbox for 'all Players', 'all NPCs' and so on).

#13 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

I've posted a new update (beta3) on Curse forge. Since the syncing at Curse.com is really slow feel free to get it directly here:
Wow Cardio Raid - World of Warcraft - CurseForge.com

- Many internal optimizations
- Classes colors added in the viewport and tree.
- New behavior for PlayerUnit: A grayed checkbox indicate that the unit will be added dynamically, while a non grayed Checkbox forces the state (depending if the box is checked or not).
- New context menu to check/uncheck all players
- New options added to set how npc/pet should appear in viewport
- correction in the dynamic module.
- the tooltips may now display correctly the damages absorbed, blocked etc.
- Pets / totem are now counted in stat for their owner.
- the stats are now accessible directly in the 'stats' panel, without the need to generate them before.

Thanks! Though a little bug(?): If I filter some players, then move others around, all filters are deleted, and everything (pets etc) is shown again.

Well, its not exactly a bug, because WCR is generating the list automatically between units that are actually in combat activity. And, when a player is moved, I need to regenerate this list, so I have include some new selection behaviors/options to handle this problem: Now you can say if a unit should be added dynamically (grayed checkbox) or stay on its current status (white checkbox). I hope this is clear, its hard to explain. ;)
I keep template in mind but for later.

@ferbmcgiggin: no, sources are not currently available, I need to clean and comment them a lot before I can do this ;) And unfortunately I'm not fluent enough in other programming language to handle a cross plateform conversion.

@badMonkey: You are right. I plan to add more selection options for spell/events like 'all heal', 'all damage', 'only Crit' 'Cruch' etc...
Anyway I have added some options in the unit tree context menu to deselect all player or reset filter.
This work only for player because getting more advanced filters for other unit seems irrelevant. NPCs or pets pop generally for a short period of time, so I think it's better to let WCR find if they are here or not. Anyway, at least, now you can say if you want to see them or not on the timeline.

Please keep feedback coming ;)

#14 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

I have made an update:

Beta4
- New list: Fight vs boss with direct access. Stats are also generated dynamically for each boss.
- New option for unit: you can set a unit as a boss, or as a boss-child (for example Thaladred is affiliated to KaelThas) This is used to make a single block fight, even when a lot of NPC are involved.
- Many internal optimizations
- New filterTab: each option is inclusive. (beta! please, give me some feed back about this, and eventually, which kind of filters could be added)
- Few bugs have been killed.

Anyway, if you have some row logs to share, could you upload them on a placeholder (rapidshare for example), dont forget to zip them before, and send me a PM? thank in advance. I need full BT, or SW log to see if everything is going fine.

#15 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

For those who are interested, I made a new update.

Beta5:
The main feature is the possibility to see dps or hps line intead of only hp line. You can choose what you want to see in the viewport context menu. Few problems have also been fixed.

#16 Lokag

Lokag

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

Want to say thank you Onyki, this is a great help to me and your work on it has been great!. Again, thank you!

#17 s4dfish

s4dfish

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

If you can make this platform independent I'll give you money.
Skyl - Desprecia - Tororo -Pururu

Whenever I dislike my job, I think of you.

#18 mhr_78

mhr_78

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

If you can make this platform independent I'll give you money.

just tried it with crossover under osX and it seems to startup fine, i just lack a combat log to test it though.

#19 s4dfish

s4dfish

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

just tried it with crossover under osX and it seems to startup fine, i just lack a combat log to test it though.

Hadn't tried it yet, but will give it a shot tonight.
Skyl - Desprecia - Tororo -Pururu

Whenever I dislike my job, I think of you.

#20 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

I know that the patch 2.4.3 added some minor changes in the log. I can't check and test that myself right now so, could some of you send me 2.4.3 sample logs (zipped) at: tixu.scribe[at]gmail.com
Thank you in advance.

mhr_78: I have included a sample log in the zip, for testing purpose.
s4dfish: Please, let me know if this work, I'm curious. Anyway I had confirmation that the tool is working well on Wine.
Lokag: Thank you :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users