Photo

Thread of Ultimate Stupidity

wow world of warcraft shaman tanking warrior Summoning demons priests Wow psychology questionnaire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30279 replies to this topic

#30261 Devizz

Devizz

Glass Joe

• • Guide Author
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

Greetings

Since we will have more KM procs with the recent hotfix, it would seem crit has lost some value but im wondering how much it has fallen?

It is still the best start for 2h (though it would seem that all 3 secondary stats are extremely close to each other stat weight wise, now more than ever.

Posted Image
Going to play Crusader on HARDCORE, 48 hour long

marathon upon the release of RoS!

Posted Image

#30262 n2dabyss

n2dabyss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

The reset is the time (5 seconds) or key (shift) you use to reset the macro so it starts from the beginning.  The static popup button is the part that bypasses having to click on the  "OK" button when overwriting imbues.  I've had this macro for quite some time and you may be able to leave off the staticpopup line.  Not sure if it asks for the confirmation any longer.

"
/castsequence Feral Spirit, Spirit Walk, Twin Howl
"
how about this, bro?

#30263 n2dabyss

n2dabyss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

help me pls

#30264 time2kickass

time2kickass

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hello,

In shadowcraft there is an option where you can insert your Latency and shadowcraft will affect your dps based on your latency. The default option is 0.1 . If i have 100 Latency what should i put in the box ?

TY in advance

#30265 cry4ty

cry4ty

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi,I'm looking forward to test my living bombs formula (4.3.4 Cata) and I don't know from where to take the replacements for :  SpellBonusDamage , FirePowerTalentRank . If anyone it's nice to tell me where I can see that terminologies?

The formula is taken from an old EJ topic:

LbDotPower = (234 + (0.258*SpellBonusDamage))*(FirePowerTalentRank)*(1.25)*(CriticalMassTalent)*((0.00015618*MasteryRating) + 1.224)

#30266 Deadmanfred

Deadmanfred

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

New vengeace tanking blog I've made with a focus on Prot warriors

vengeancetanking.wordpress.com

Edited by Deadmanfred, 13 February 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#30267 muffinwho

muffinwho

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Giveaway Card packs via Paypal at 100 follows LINK REMOVED

Giveaway Card packs via Paypal at 100 follows LINK REMOVED

#30268 moneybag

moneybag

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

Is it right in 3.3.5 patch?
If full tallanted without 2T10 bonus in Tree form formula:
wild_growth_tick_heal={1442*[1/7+1/49*(4-i)]+spell_power*1.2*0.11508}*1.15*1.04*1.06
If full tallanted with 2T10 bonus in Tree form formula:
wild_growth_tick_heal={1442*[1/7+3/49-0.7*1/49*(i-1)]+spell_power*1.2*0.11508}*1.15*1.04*1.06
where i=1,...,7 - tick number

#30269 sinnaa

sinnaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

Yay, people kept this thread going!  Now I can catch up on all the crap I missed and have to do! 

Thanks for running this threat!

#30270 POMPyro

POMPyro

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

This is a fucking forum regarding a fucking video game. You are not curing cancer, flying around the world looking for terrorists and shooting them in the face or running into burning buildings and dragging dying people out . Again, you are moderating a forum board of a video game.

WoW > Life

#30271 GymnasticsCoachDan

GymnasticsCoachDan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

My main is a Hunter. I have a pet and know how to tame other pets. However, I am trying a Priest now. I noticed on my abilities, a "summon demons" button/tab. I tried this, but I don't have any. I went to a Priest trainer and there's no mention of "summoning". I have no idea how to obtain or get a demon? New to this, someone tell me the obvious... what do I do?

#30272 Deadmanfred

Deadmanfred

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

I'm ranked pretty high on world of logs on many fights I know a TON about doing damage on a protection warrior, hop in and follow to learn from me! <Link Removed>

#30273 Geoff Plitt

Geoff Plitt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:51 AM

Hey Elitist Jerks,

Do you guys think this is funny? It's a 2-minute sketch featuring DENNIS QUAID. Fair disclosure: I direct this sketch comedy group, so compliment (or flame) away!

<Link Removed>

-G

#30274 cry4ty

cry4ty

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

From where can I get SpellBonusDamage from my Char Sheet?

#30275 Mardorig

Mardorig

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

LFM participants for my study!

Hello fellow gamers, I am a third-year psychology student at Roehampton University, I am currently conducting research on gaming, specifically World of Warcraft. This study requires 10minutes of your time to fill in; there is a link below which will re-direct you to the survey. There are mainly Likert-Scale based questions, i.e. rate the following statement as 1: strongly agree, 2: moderately agree and so on. You need to be 18 and over to take part due to gained consent from parents. If you have a few moments available please feel free to take part, a full briefing and debriefing form will be provided, additionally you have the right to withdraw at any point and the data will be collected in a way that makes it fully anonymous. No identifying details will be recorded on your questionnaire response so that your data will be completely anonymous and it will therefore not be possible to link your consent form to your questionnaire response or to the data arising from it.

Due to ethical boundaries when trying to recruit participants under the age of 18 I have had to implement an over 18 button, when faced with this option if you select no, you'll be directed to the end of the study, so please select yes, similarly the self assigned 6 digit identification code could be anything, like 348219, not 123456 please

Thank you for your time x

<Link Removed>

#30276 ElysiumGaming

ElysiumGaming

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Elysiumg Gaming Community

Our recruitment <Link Removed>

Nationality: International 
Language: English 
Web Page: <Link Removed>

YouTube Channel: <Link Removed>

Stream Channel: <Link Removed>

Facebook : <Link Removed>

Twitter : <Link Removed>

About us

Elysium Gaming is an international multi-gaming community with competitive and casual teams in every E-sport and competitive and well organized guilds in every major mmo. We exist since 2006. We were originally created in WoW where we had huge success, but since we are adventurous spirits we started to move to many other games, having fun and progress in each one of them. We are a very dynamic organization that participates and organizes events in many games and we offer top quality and entertainment for our members. Elysium Gaming is the home of hardcore and casual gamers from around the world that want to play at a top level. 

Description

With the notion that so many people are sharing the common passion for PC games, part of our mission is to bring together like-minded gamers from all kinds of games (mmorpg, moba, strategy, simulation). Furthermore, we have found that there are two main types of gamers (casual and competitive) and our structure allows us to satisfy both types by grouping them with similar players. We value each and every member. Whether you show great practice/match attendance, or show other qualities such as good conduct, dedication, leadership, teamwork, tactics and performance on and off the game, our system and our awards are there to give recognition to those who have earned it, either by offering a standard position to our team or by promoting to a higher rank inside the community. 

We expect

Elysium Gaming is always looking for exceptional players in all kinds of games to reinforce our roster. We expect and demand the very best from all our players. Before you apply make sure you have great understanding of the game you will be playing and that you are up to date with the current updates. Make sure you have the dedication, and motivation to keep improving, and that you are able to put in some extra time in order to achieve that. We are a mature community which values your life outside of games and will respect it as you respect us. Moreover, as a community we are naturally competitive, this means you need to be socially capable and respond well to pressure of all kinds. While we do not endorse abusive behavior, all gamers should be mature enough to be able to take some teasing and heat when situations arise. In return you can expect to become part of a community which loves competitive gaming, having fun above all, as well as a strong community of like-minded individuals who are all working toward to the same goal. 

We offer

• Strongly organized and experienced leadership.
  • Competitive and casual teams in every E-sport game.
  • Well organized guilds in every AAA MMO.
  • Streaming channel so you can watch streams of high quality.
  • Online and Lan tournaments in many games.
  • Radio station.
  • Our journalist team offers the latest news interviews reviews previews and guides of the gaming word.
  • Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Steam channels.
  • A mature and organized community with a lot of friendly and happy people.
  • Through our donation system we offer giveaways and gifts to our members.
  • Elysium Gaming is giving you the chance to be part of a very active, well-structured and disciplined community with serious and very friendly members. You will have the opportunity to enjoy your favorite games in any way it fits your play style, even if you are a casual, social or hardcore player.
  • Inside the Elysium Gaming you are going to meet interesting people from all around the world and you are going to make friendships online. In time, you will be proud for being a part of one of the most recognized guilds in Europe and for your personal guild progress in any game you play.

How to become part of Elysium Gaming

If you think that we are what you are looking for and if you believe that we can offer you what you need, please register to our website and create an application at our forums. 

We are looking forward to meet you!

The Elysium Gaming Team

CLICK <Link Removed> TO APPLY

CLICK <Link Removed> TO VISIT OUR FORUM

Edited by MysticalOS, 23 March 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#30277 Xulin

Xulin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hello guys can i ask how ret paladins are doing overall at pve wise compared other dps classes .? looking some fun mellee class to play and allso decent  i maining a hunter atm but want allso 1 mellee and rets seems fun but i hear a lot QQ thatswhi asking here  hope u can advice me litle and help :) 

#30278 PinkiePie1170

PinkiePie1170

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

I think it's a really fun talent to use, but realize soul of the forest is generally considered to be superior in that tier. However is there any argument for using Incarnation over it?

#30279 MartinFiorita

MartinFiorita

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Well, it’s that time already. The final tier is done (for some, at least) and there are no plans for more patches to Shadowcraft this expansion. I think it’s time for a Post Mortem... again.

For anyone unaware of the history, Shadowcraft is a theory crafting engine started by Aldriana around Cataclysm’s launch. There were a few graphical interfaces for it, the most popular being Antiarc's UI at shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com. Both of these open source projects have had many volunteers and handed leadership over at least once. The list of developers on GitHub doesn't really do the scale of these projects justice, in my eyes at least. Indz for example has been a huge help with the engine, particularly with managing procs, and updating the proc system with the patches, and many seem unaware of how much he’s done recently. Shadowcraft as a whole has been supported by much more than 3 or 4 people so far.

With these changes though, with these patch cycles, I think I've steered the current calculations in Shadowcraft in a slightly different direction than originally designed. Shadowcraft at its core is about determining EP weights, but I've slowly pushed towards damage breakdown precision. If you’re familiar with the architecture of the engine, you should be able to see a stark difference between how the Assassination APS is calculated, and how the Combat and Subtlety ones are.  I've been trying to slowly migrate from ‘average case’ to varying weights and phases. This hinges on an interesting topic however; it’s the balance of time to compute vs. precision. Given the current trajectory, calculations will take longer with every patch as I try to fit more precise results and formulas in. I’m making a concerted effort to make sure the algorithms are efficient now, but precision carries a higher weight, even if the EP’s don’t change by any noticeable amount.

I've also made a shift towards settings and knobs. Ways to customize the calculations, like you would customize your buffs. It might be too soon to see how this has played out, but I think things like advanced parameters will be good in the long run. It aids users in considering things like (now added) Feint usage, or experiment with encounter specific buffs that might affect energy regen or stats. I think there would have been significantly less confusion about how Combat was handled during ToT if people had easy access to manipulating the GCD.

Another thing is that the game has changed. Despite how simple and minor the ability seems to some, the addition of Shadow Blades has greatly changed how we need to approach APS calculations, even for Assassination. While the game is arguably getting simpler, certain theorycrafting techniques are becoming more antiquated. If you can remember back to when Mists first launched, Combat’s DPS breakdown was horribly flawed, and it didn’t represent actual performance until I restructured it to use phase based calculations. Even since then, the methods for things like Killing Spree had to be changed, improved upon to support things like new trinkets and higher stats to reflect what’s feasible at progression content. I won’t hide that Killing Spree has been a thorn in my side this entire expansion. It’s surprisingly difficult to model.

We also need to start thinking about the future of Shadowcraft. It’s been roughly a year since I stopped raiding, and my account has been completely inactive since the spring. If Shadowcraft is going to be an excellent resource in 6.0, more people need to participate in the engine by reading and committing code. It won't be feasible for Indz and me to do everything forever. With every patch, it will get harder for me to intuitively understand how mechanics work, which will make patching longer, and more prone to errors. Assuming I still exist when 6.0 beta launches, I'll still work on Shadowcraft and other projects, but for various reasons I can't pretend I’ll be of good use forever.

In the last post mortem, there was also a good chunk of discussion about hosting elsewhere. I don't know if we'll be in the same place when 6.0 launches as we were in Mists. I don’t think so, but maybe. It’s worth considering a secondary frontend to open up new opportunities, but with less Shadowcraft developers than ever (it feels like), it's questionable if we'll ever get it.

Feel free to post about ideas for the future of Shadowcraft in addition to reflecting on this expansion. I'd rather not fragment Shadowcraft discussion too much by creating another thread for what will or should be done in 6.0.

-------

I suppose that’s enough rambling though. I’ll go over a list of concerns from the end of Cataclysm.

Speed of Fixing Bugs:
I don’t think I’m the person to answer this one. But everyone else should consider it. I’m not happy with how long it took me to get the engine in a reasonable shape before patches hit (most of the time I was doing bug fixing after the patch date).

Web UI Setup Concerns:
This didn’t change. I think Shadowcraft should rely on fewer dependencies, but I’m not going to make any efforts to change what’s working. We’re using almost the same exact dependencies overall as the Shadowcraft projects used in Cataclysm.

Changing Fight Settings:
I’ve started opening up more of the engine with advanced parameters. I don’t think this will ever be as good as anyone might want, just due to the nature of modeling, but there’s definitely been some progress. Try and compare the Cataclysm settings window with the current one and I think most people would say that it’s better now, even if it’s not used more.

Reforger Wonkiness:
This was brought up several times last post mortem. I don’t think it is any better now than it was then. On the other hand, it doesn’t look like it will matter in 6.0.

Waiting for Items to be Implemented:
We tried doing beta phases for Shadowcraft before patches hit. I think this helped on multiple fronts and (specifically) Indz did a good job preparing for launch and keeping up with engine fixes and making sure things went smooth. I believe it also reduced the server load slightly on patch day.

Split Shadowcraft into a Simple Web UI and an Advanced Version:
This wasn't done, and won’t be done. At least not as many people imagined it. The design philosophy for settings now (see earlier) allows for one build and a simple interface. I don’t want to manage two sets of calculations either.

Known Issues List:
We didn't exactly have one. I don't remember us needing one like we might have in Cataclysm. However, Indz has brought messages to the log on the right side of the screen, which many probably saw during 5.4’s launch. I suppose that counts as an improvement.

Drop Location in Tooltip:
This was not done. That was one major reason why the wowhead icons were added in Cataclysm.

Pie chart displaying damage breakdown:
This was added, essentially. Check out the advanced tab if you haven’t yet.

Custom EP weights and Caps:
There are custom EP weights for general secondary stats, but not strike chance stats. Additionally, PvP mode changes the caps to use typical PvP caps, but they are currently not customizable. The lack of strike stat support shouldn’t be an issue in the future though.

Supporting Interruptions and Phases:
While Combat calculations are phase based, we don’t support things like fight interruptions or changes in circumstances. This has been talked about before, but it’s actually a pretty big task, and is unlikely to ever be added to Shadowcraft at this rate.

Good Gear Recommendations and Planning:
I don't know if this was that big of a problem in Cataclysm, but I don't think we made any efforts to improve it in Mists. Many others should consider this further than I could.

Very nicely written post.. You have shared entire information about the project and it really enhance my knowledge.. I will try note down important points as it will help me in my project..

#30280 Nevernite

Nevernite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Yeah.. one more reason to not play Combat ever again. No more Fan of Knives. *sarcasm*

don't mind the massive amounts of typos and grammar mistakes followed by edits

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wow world of warcraft shaman, tanking, warrior, Summoning, demons, priests, Wow, psychology, questionnaire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users