Photo

Thread of Ultimate Stupidity

wow world of warcraft shaman tanking warrior Summoning demons priests Wow psychology questionnaire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30278 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_seymour12_*

Guest_seymour12_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

I've been farming badges non stop for the past few months and I seem to be stuck. My guild shrunk down to farming ssc and I have no idea which gear to aim for next.

A friend of mine referred me to this site and I was wondering if the wise members could critique my tanking gear!

Thanks alot! :)

The World of Warcraft Armory

#42 Merple

Merple

King Hippo

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

I'm wondering, what isPosted Image.
thanks

I don't know, but the fact that they get warglaives 40% of the time is pretty crazy.
-In our country, any CBC reporter can dream of becoming head of state.

#43 Mihir

Mihir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

What these guys said.

To add to that, one of our shamans respecced 4 times in last nights Sunwell raid from Kalec to Muru, which I found pretty funny. I think he usually does 3, but I guess some last minute raid changes/DC's happened.

We do have a "main" prot paladin, but he is holy for Brut+Felmyst+Twins anyway! Which is half the instance. Our MT goes Arms on Brut many raids. Our locks are always taking turns at Affliction when needed. Our main (and only) holy priest is often shadow. Even one of our BM's goes survival if I cant make the raid.

You really don't need to make many massive raid substitutions when BC throws so much gear at you. Every player should have their offspec gear ready, and offspec knowledge/experience to go with it.

I respecced 5 times on 1 day a few weeks ago, started out as Feral, resto for felmyst, feral for twins trash, resto for twins, feral for muru, resto for KJ :P
Our prot paladin and 1 of our priest spec a lot back and forth as well.

#44 Guest_Opotia_*

Guest_Opotia_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hi there.

I'm new to Arcane and just tried it once (yesterday at twins). I actually gemmed for Int mostly because my raid leader didn't want me to get an innervate (i got one anyway) and thought of regemming if I experience to have likely no mana issues. Here's the WWS of the kill - it was not-so-clean 'cause our Warlock tank died at 10% or something.
You can see I was interrupted when channeling Evocation (cause of my stupidity), so ~4500 mana were missing and I forgot the last Drums of Restoration. That's probably why I had to get an innervate.

Anyways, is there any advice you old hands could give to me just by looking at my gear and the WWS? :P
But all jesting aside, could any SW raiding Arcane mage post some twins WWS for comparison? I already saw some, but they were all of the same mage \o/

#45 Cryof

Cryof

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Well my guilds been wiping on muru for a while now lol so with seeing the apolyon pretty far away ive been wondering, Cat's Edge or Season 4 sword for pve? O.o

#46 Horus

Horus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

Link removed.

plz be carefull with it

#47 Sinful

Sinful

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

#48 Mattaos

Mattaos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

I have been searching though many various threads looking for more "theroycraft" type inforamtion about Armor Pen. I have not been able to find anything solid, which leaves me to basically test out different gear configs to see what is the optimal DPS build. My confusion comes from the huge difference in DPS reflected on Cheeky's spreadsheet when comparing a high ArP/fast attack speed build vs. a lesser ArP/slower attack speed build.

My Armory Link

My armory shows me wearing my high ArP/Fast Xbow build. I have been comparing it to a build that swaps the Shiv and Mounting Veng for my Felspine polearm and swapping the Xbow for my Illidan Bow. In theroy, the Illidan Bow will hit much harder using a standard 3:2 rotation at 2.07 attack speed (81 passive haste). On the other hand, my people swear by ArP and would say that my current armory build would be best....1246 ArP and 1.99 attack speed.

When I compare these to builds in Cheeky's spreadsheet (zero buffs, just the gear) the Felspine/Illidan Bow (910 ArP) is far superior. The spreadsheet shows me 1458 DPS. When I switch out the gear for the duel-wield Shiv/Mounting Veng and Xbow, Cheeky's shows me 1378 DPS. In both cases I am using the 3:2 rotation model on the spreadsheet (1:1 rotation w/ the Xbow didn't make much of differnece) and my avg latency is 100ms.

I am wondering if my latency is low enough to get a smooth 3:2 rotation with the slower bow build if it is going to yield a larger damage number due to Steadies hitting harder....harder than the %increase from ArP.

So, frustrating when trying to plan out future gear options and even using the best possible gear avialable to me now. The fact is I could use eitehr build and still do my job in the raid effectively, but I am hoping some more hardcore data is going surface to shead some light on adding in ArP.

Help please. :)

Looking for any feedback on the above situation i.e. experience, calculations, infraction, anything.

I recently tried a a new config in the spreadsheet using Fang of Kalec, Shiv of Exsang, Black Bow of the Betrayer, Cloak of Fiends (all other gear stayed the same). This set-up gave the same attack speed, but higher ArP and agility. Yet, the calculated DPS was still 70 below when I insert the Felspine and switch out Cloak of Fiends for Dory's. I am baffled since the polearm build yield less ArP and Agility with the same exact attack speed.

Copying this over to the Spreadsheet thread, in case this is not best place to request feedback on this topic.

#49 adamb10

adamb10

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

hi guys,

My job in the illidan fight is to tank the west elemental. However I'm unsure of what my limits are in terms of how far away from the glaive I can go. Anyone know the limit to how far north/south I can kite the elemental to?

Thanks!

#50 Negash

Negash

Banned

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

dude that specc for pvp is fail, why would you ever skipp those awsome talents in resto tree?
and 3/5 unleashed :o ?

#51 Kludge

Kludge

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

oops some one linked it to me and i didnt see the date my bad

#52 Crosshairs

Crosshairs

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

Are there any suggestions on the best way to farm the beast deck?

#53 Quinnie

Quinnie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

I posted this yesterday but with no response and we did Brutallus last night and I did slightly better than the night before - see here -- Wow Web Stats
My group makeup last night was 2 mages, ele shaman and a warlock.

Here's my post from yesterday.

Brutallus will kill me eventually, I swear.

I need some shadow priest help. Let me preface this by saying I am the GM of this guild and the raid leader so I do at times have to focus on the raid and others more than myself but I have really, really, really been trying to just focus on me and my DPS and they have taken any responsibilities off me during this fight as possible.

This is our WWS Report of our 8.6m damage Brutallus attempt last night.

Wow Web Stats

Oh for this 8.6m dmg I was in a soaker group (only for our last attempt of the night was I not in a soaker group - just to try it and see - it seemed to help)

I know I'm not casting Mind Blast and Shadow Word Death as often as possible and I know I didn't keep VT up as much as it should been but honestly, just receiving a ton of haste gear in the last 2-3 weeks it has completely screwed over my spell rotation I used to use (read: mindless button pushing while leading raids). Just looking for some tips. =) Thanks.

EDIT: my group make up was a warlock (only one warlock in raid last night so didn't have CoS), mage, boomkin, ele shaman and myself. Waiting for < 20% for heroism for mage - so I never got a heroism.

#54 Guest_Alunra_*

Guest_Alunra_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

All, i have looked all over and can not find a simple notepad addon. what im looking for is a notepad that i can just type infor into and also have the option to send it to a chat window, /ra /2 /g whatever. I've triend omnibus, notesuneed, but they are not what im looking for, any ideas?

#55 Guest_brych_*

Guest_brych_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:22 AM

hi guys can i get tips on how to gem my gear properly? seems like i got too red gem crazy that i ignored even some good socket bonuses hehe
here's my armory The World of Warcraft Armory

thanks guys!

#56 DukesX

DukesX

Banned

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

so look im searched a little as the first post said to do and i didnt find much and i know this question has been contraversial over many levels but i have to ask it so bear with me here. What is the best dps spec for raids? BM is wonderful unless ur pet dies then you lose half your shit and i mean cmon....it doesnt live that long. MM is the best dps i've seen but the problem is you go oom in 10 seconds flat. Surv is great for making your opponent easier to kill and racking so much agi that your crit chance is off the charts, and cmon the traps rape.....dont even get me started on wvrens sting....but which one is the best. I think that if you could do it right a surv/mm/bm combo would be perfect. but it would be hard. like maybe a 7/12/42 spec (bm/mm/surv) but i want some oppinions before i go and do it....

#57 Guest_Kimera_*

Guest_Kimera_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hello.

A little disapointed with the new elemetal tree, so i think about this build at lvl 80 :

43/28/0 : War Pirate :: Shaman WotLK Alpha Talent Tree

We loose 5 % critic and 3 % hit but i think we earn about 200+ spell dmg at lvl 80.

What do you think ?

#58 tufy

tufy

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

Let me get this straight - we just spent what? 13 pages discussing the impact of such a build and now along comes polly, asking what we think? Oh teh nerve!
Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.

#59 Guest_Kimera_*

Guest_Kimera_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

ok really sorry for my post :/

bye.

#60 Guest_Draccann_*

Guest_Draccann_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

How much +hit rating should a MS warrior have?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wow world of warcraft shaman, tanking, warrior, Summoning, demons, priests, Wow, psychology, questionnaire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users