• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5086 replies to this topic

#5081 ihatepeople

ihatepeople

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

Been reading the thread for awhile now and it seems people are still on the rocks about using Aimed shot in raids. I still think its primarily a pvp think IMO, but we'll have to see. But i was thinking about using a build similar to this:

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Hunter -> Talent Calculator

I went all the way into Aspect Mastery in the BM cuz of the bonuses, namely Aspect of the DRagonhawk. In the MM tree i took focused aim because i would be under hitcap until i got better Naxx gear. I skipped over Imp arcane shot even though for some reason i'm in love with the 15% more damage. And i took barrage for the volley and multi damage bonuses since Naxx has alot of multiple mob trash. The Surv talents i took were IMO the necessary talents: imp tracking, hawkeye, and survival instincts. I'll be shifting through Surv and MM throughout WOTLK (we already have 2 dedicated BM hunters) so i can get a feel for the ins and outs of every spec. Just wanted to see what people on the forum thought of my mapped out spec and what contructive advice they could offer.

#5082 Foxe

Foxe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:38 PM

Been reading the thread for awhile now and it seems people are still on the rocks about using Aimed shot in raids. I still think its primarily a pvp think IMO, but we'll have to see. But i was thinking about using a build similar to this:

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Hunter -> Talent Calculator

for level 80......any thoughts or opinions on that? I like the imp arcane talent but seeing as how i'd only use when i'm on the move or need a quick shot i didn't think the 3 talent points were worth it. Lemme know what you guys think.

There's something wrong with the talent calculator you have there. Its displaying the right icons but the wrong tool tips...

Could just be me?

#5083 Har

Har

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Wish I could delete posts :)

#5084 RDarkfire

RDarkfire

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

New idea for BM-levelling spec, 70-80 :

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Finish this off with the rest of Mortal Shots, Rapid Killing, and Efficiency.

The idea is too have as little downtime as possible... and Kindred Spirits is not needed because I plan to be using Aspect of the Cheetah all the time.

Thoughts?

#5085 Kilim

Kilim

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

The idea is too have as little downtime as possible... and Kindred Spirits is not needed because I plan to be using Aspect of the Cheetah all the time.

Thoughts?

If you are planning to be running Aspect of the Cheetah all the time, why bother with Improved Aspect of the Hawk?

#5086 mako

mako

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

Thoughts?

More pet damage = less shots fired = less mana spent. Therefor Kindred Spirits is worth picking up.

Staying in Cheetah 100% is a lot more questionable. Leveling as BM, it's trivial to kill one mob in viper and return yourself to full mana anyway, so why waste points in efficiency as well? You'd get more benefit sitting in beast or hawk and speccing properly.
It's called Bloodlust, not Heroism. What kind of pansy name is Heroism, anyway?
<Bad> Dragonmaw US
www.damnwesuck.com
12/13 [25] Heroic - Recruiting exceptional players.

#5087 Thornal

Thornal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:39 AM

Hey all.

I've got a question on the use of explosive shot after LNL procs.
What I'm doing right now is expl-multi-expl-steady-expl, replacing multi/steady with whatever seems appropriate, e.g. hunter's mark, serpent sting, etc.

What I was wondering was if it would be more efficient, or powerful, or whatever word with which you wish to describe it, if I just spammed explosive shot and clipped the 3rd blast of both the 2 free shots. In the mini-diagrams I've done while terribly bored in school, I still get off the same number of shots of each whichever way I do it, but I use a slight bit more mana if I clip the final blasts.

Any thoughts, or does it even really matter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users