Isn't Ammoboy Beef's brother :o
Posted Image

#22 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:09 PM

What about those two Strife rogues who jumped me when I was fighting the Burning Steppes demon :x

And priest. And warrior.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#23 Numinous

Numinous

Don Flamenco

• Guild Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

We play on a PvP server...

I'm sure the alliance will remember that when you have to spend 20 minutes killing something that spawns once every 2 hours, and any involvement at all by anyone else makes you instantly fail it.

PvP server indeed

Remember what? A post on the EJ pubbie discussion forum? Yea, I have a hard time believing that more than 1% of the alliance population even read this let alone would remember it some time down the road when Blizzard decides to implement a Druid Epic quest. Even if a few did, big deal, thats what playing on a PvP server entails.

I've been ganked while questing quite a bit and I've done my fair share of ganking others that were probably questing. The solution to the problem is not posting on a message board, it's getting a few friends together to do some guard duty while you work on your quest.

This thread has been posted on the Mal'Ganis forum since WoW was released and I think it sums up the situation nicely:

http://forums.worldo...&tmp=1#post1162

#24 Hau

Hau

Kemosabe is awesome.

• Guild Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

I'm sure the alliance will remember that when you have to spend 20 minutes killing something that spawns once every 2 hours...

3 hours.

I hate the guy who designed this encounter. I just going to stop talking right now, before I explode.

#25 bartolimu

bartolimu

palpably superior comprehension

• Moderators
  • 13,877 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:28 PM

I see no reason to interfere with an alliance hunter trying to complete this quest. There's a difference between beating a level 40 paladin to death with a fishing pole - which I did last night - and fucking some dude out of three hours of his life. One is funny and fun. The other is mean.

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:42 PM

Back when I still had a Mug O Hurt I loved beating people to death with it.

Bonus points if you can also get that offhand Tidesippe mug for dual mugs O death

#27 Numinous

Numinous

Don Flamenco

• Guild Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:26 PM

I see no reason to interfere with an alliance hunter trying to complete this quest. There's a difference between beating a level 40 paladin to death with a fishing pole - which I did last night - and fucking some dude out of three hours of his life. One is funny and fun. The other is mean.

But both are within the rules of the server. You'll get no argument from me that it's not a very nice thing to do to someone.

#28 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:25 PM

I see no reason to interfere with an alliance hunter trying to complete this quest. There's a difference between beating a level 40 paladin to death with a fishing pole and fucking some dude out of three hours of his life. One is funny and fun. The other is mean.

Now sure how long those two alliance worked on the mana elemental things quest in Dustwallow yesterday, but I ganked the hell out of them as I was passing through with my rogue alt.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#29 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

OK our bad.....

No idea that there was an epic quest there. We were just grinding KabukiJoe through some quests there in Un'goro, got ganked a couple of times ourselves. I didn't pay attention to names, just started killing alliance that we cam across.

Again, our bad and apologies. Sounds like you did get the quest done though, which I'm glad.

If this signature offends you please complain to the management.

#30 KabukiJoe

KabukiJoe

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:38 PM

For as much as i get ganked while trying to grind, I usually attempt to kill alliance on sight. Everyone has their share of faction horror stories. I feel bad that we messed with your quest, but i mean it is a PvP server and I didnt know any better. I rarely remember the names of alliance around the zones I'm in but I apologize for inconviencing you.

edit: Mistikman you make me sad that you're essentially saying we're not cool kids.
\"We're not against rap, we're not against rappers, it's those thugz thugz thugz thugz\"

#31 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

hey baby, you are cool as ice

#32 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:56 PM

Mistikman you make me sad that you're essentially saying we're not cool kids.

In Mistikman's world, he's King Cool and we're all his court jesters.

#33 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:01 PM

;_;

#34 KabukiJoe

KabukiJoe

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:16 PM

hey baby, you are cool as ice

In my defense, I think people actually know who I am now. I spent the better part of the school year working hard to keep my grades up. I expect to hit 60 soon and hang out with all the homies.
\"We're not against rap, we're not against rappers, it's those thugz thugz thugz thugz\"

#35 Elfan

Elfan

King Hippo

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

Totally cool guys, considering your guild tag and the complaints about alliance interference I had seen here before I was just surprised.

#36 hellsoap

hellsoap

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:12 PM

I'm glad this thread had a happy ending

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] >>> http://www.lightdecay.com <<<

#37 Gonkish

Gonkish

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

...they probably don't even check our boards. Some members don't.

Like me! I never check the boards. Then I ask something and Gurgthock makes mean comments about me. Then I go and cry myself to sleep. Or kill a gnome. Or something.

How can you help?
I can shoot things and then make my pet move toward them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users