• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#121 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

I really like your ingame simulator. Is there any chance for you to implement a function to retrieve the equipment information from the character right there instead of manually filling it all in? That would be the real advantage I see in an ingame simulator.

It already exists, but isn't fully working.
Edit: Done, but I'll correct/update Rend+DeepWounds first before I release a new version. That one should have everything implemented working correctly.

#122 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

It should give you a good guess, like e.g. hit is the best stats to aim for me now and not ArP.
I can try it, but what are SEP good for if you could just test the item in question for itself?

I guess mostly just to save a bit of time. You can calculate SEP values, and then calculate the rough SEP strength of any number of items instantly to get an at-a-glance breakdown of gear choices rather than doing it piece by piece by hand.

#123 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:43 AM

Here's the common problem:

You have 2-3 items per slot of relative strength and each change in item changes the strength of the other items / talents.

Take for example the choices and combined with and .

Each item is on the same loot table, and depending on what you are already wearing, the choice may not be too clear. Finding the right setup wouldn't be too bad, but changing items in these slots might change the item of greatest power in other slots also. This is why SEP is very handy. You can quickly glance at the ratios to quickly determine what item would probably be best for that slot so you could test one against the other, instead of mindlessly guessing.

I hope I explained it better..

#124 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

I'd love to do SEP, but as explained it's something spreadsheets are way better at. The shaman sim takes over 15mins to do SEP and it is very fast.

#125 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Updated my sim to 1.9, it's very good now.
You'll find the link and changelog in my signature.
There's even an Arms DW rotation in there, I think.

#126 Larsiak

Larsiak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

I had a quick glance at your sim in version 1.91, and it seems to me that it doesn't take into account any armor penetration other than Executioner enchant.

I equipped and and "Ignore Armor" in the main screen stayed at 0%.

Next i calculated dps with vs equipped. There was hardly any difference.

On the other hand your sim finally works with a 2h-arms setup. Keep up the good work.

#127 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

I had a quick glance at your sim in version 1.91, and it seems to me that it doesn't take into account any armor penetration other than Executioner enchant.

Seems like Arp had been renamed in the library. Edit: Oh, wow. They f**d up the german translation, there are two different Arp versions.
Also, thanks.

#128 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:37 PM

I tried it again today. Gave me really low crit% was like 27% or so and this is when I almost have 50% self buffed. Are you calculating the conversions at the 80 level?

Loading the gear, gems, and enchants was pretty easy. Good job on that. Everything else... so far kinda useless. Needs more fixing.

#129 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

I tried it again today. Gave me really low crit% was like 27% or so and this is when I almost have 50% self buffed. Are you calculating the conversions at the 80 level?

Loading the gear, gems, and enchants was pretty easy. Good job on that. Everything else... so far kinda useless. Needs more fixing.

It's for Lv80 only. I kicked the lv70 part when I was reorganizing the code. I've updated the page with a red lv80 ;).
Unfortunately I get very little feedback, but it's working fairly correctly.

#130 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

DPSSim updated to level 80

Added:
- Human and Orc racials.
- "above 75% HP" buff for Rend's new "feature"

All abilities damage values updated to level 80.

#131 Mode

Mode

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

Tankietka,

I played around with your simulator today. A few feature requests:

-Change stat input to take straight percentages or ratings. The decimal point input system is really unintuitive.

-Change the way to input weapon damage to be you input the minimum and maximum damage, then it figures out the average damage on its own. Yeah, yeah, it takes 3 seconds to figure it out on your own.

-Add a BS>MS>WW>Execute>Slam cycle.

-An input for 'average number of targets present'. It would be for figuring out how DPS changes on fights like moroes or muru and on trash. Maybe add Sweeping Strikes as a buff too?

-I'd like to know which specs are 'more RNG' than others, if any. The best way I can think of to implement this would be to allow us to run X number of simulations of Y seconds, then the sim spits out a line graph.

#132 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

-Change stat input to take straight percentages or ratings. The decimal point input system is really unintuitive.

I think it is rather personal preference. But if there will be more people requesting this I can change it. Or maybe I will add option for "mode" switching :-).

-Change the way to input weapon damage to be you input the minimum and maximum damage, then it figures out the average damage on its own. Yeah, yeah, it takes 3 seconds to figure it out on your own.

Well, you said it yourself, 3s.

-Add a BS>MS>WW>Execute>Slam cycle.

Added to TODO list.

-An input for 'average number of targets present'. It would be for figuring out how DPS changes on fights like moroes or muru and on trash. Maybe add Sweeping Strikes as a buff too?

-I'd like to know which specs are 'more RNG' than others, if any. The best way I can think of to implement this would be to allow us to run X number of simulations of Y seconds, then the sim spits out a line graph.

I will definitely think about those when I will be adding new features in the future.

Thanks for sugestions :-).

#133 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:33 AM

Unfortunately I get very little feedback, but it's working fairly correctly.

I'm sure you'll get some more feedback once we hit 80

#134 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

I've updated my sim, it's now ready for WotLK.
Some minimap button changes, nothing major.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users