10762 replies to this topic

#21 Kemortia

Kemortia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:47 AM

1) The razing of Orgrimmar and Darnassus

So, the Lich King attacks the center of the horde, but the unloved stepchild of the Alliance? That seems fair >>

As for the timeline for the Deathknight intro, the jumps in "time" along the story line are hours/days - not months/years. It seems to me that the whole event takes place "after" BC.
Eek, Shaman

#22 Shadout

Shadout

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

So, the Lich King attacks the center of the horde, but the unloved stepchild of the Alliance? That seems fair >>

He obviously knows the alliance is mostly a bunch of useless treehuggers and silly humans.

#23 Kumar

Kumar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

So, the Lich King attacks the center of the horde, but the unloved stepchild of the Alliance? That seems fair

IMO, the razing of Darnassus is more symbolic than the razing of Stormwind City. Also, it will prove as a catalyst for the increased High Elven presense in Northrend.

The thing that interests me most is what prompts the Lich King to attack Org and Darn and if it ties into the Horde/Alliance actions in Outland or more importantly in Sunwell Plateau.

Also, Storm Peaks will be a very important area for the Titans storyline. I explored Ulduar on a sandbox and the surrounding area and it seems like the Titan storyline will jump heaps and bounds here, including what seems like some Titan artifacts.

There is also the question of the Dragon Aspects. We have already discussed in the other thread about Noz and how he could actually be the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight for whatever reasons. Also, I beleive there is some area called Nefarian's Cave (or something like that) which contains one human in there right now, which was interesting to me. Blizzard maybe going for big revival of the Black Dragonflight storyline.

#24 Atnair

Atnair

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

There is also the question of the Dragon Aspects. We have already discussed in the other thread about Noz and how he could actually be the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight for whatever reasons. Also, I beleive there is some area called Nefarian's Cave (or something like that) which contains one human in there right now, which was interesting to me. Blizzard maybe going for big revival of the Black Dragonflight storyline.

I think alot of it is explained >here<.

#25 Liebestod

Liebestod

King Hippo

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

Yea, sadly, the black dragonflight chain is utterly uninteresting. The bronze dragonflight chain seems incomplete, really.

Oh, wait, it reveals that there are magma dragons. Which we'll probably never hear of again, however.

#26 Kumar

Kumar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

I think alot of it is explained >here<.

Yes it is. But I beleive the Dragonflights will again come into play when you venture into Icecrown (which is not implemented yet) and still the question on what that Nefarian area is remains.

Yea, sadly, the black dragonflight chain is utterly uninteresting. The bronze dragonflight chain seems incomplete, really.

Oh, wait, it reveals that there are magma dragons. Which we'll probably never hear of again, however.

Well, that is based on the current unfinished and limited build that some people are playing.

#27 Liebestod

Liebestod

King Hippo

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

Yes it is. But I beleive the Dragonflights will again come into play when you venture into Icecrown (which is not implemented yet) and still the question on what that Nefarian area is remains.

The Maw of Neltharian is where most of the Black Dragonflights' chain takes place. The Cult of the Damned has infiltrated it in order to raise dead dragons. I guess I'm wrong, though - magma wyrms are just the fiery version of the frost wyrms that we see every once in a while. Nightbane, etc. But there's nothing in that place left to be developed. It looks super cool though, to be sure.

#28 Starfire

Starfire

Blackfire too!

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

As for the timeline for the Deathknight intro, the jumps in "time" along the story line are hours/days - not months/years. It seems to me that the whole event takes place "after" BC.

Meh. Stormwind was razed and rebuilt in 4 years. I would think lore-wise Darnassus would seem like a much larger threat than either Ironforge or Stormwind. The Night-Elves primarily fought in the War of the Ancients and War of the Shifting Sand. It was Night-Elves that destroyed Archimonde... Night-Elves who stopped Queen Azshara... If I was the Lich King, I'd be worried about the race that's already destroyed some pretty powerful enemies rather than the Humans who have already lost Lordaeron and had Stormwind razed already.

-- Also, I think Blizzard probably needs a reason for Night-Elves and Orcs to go to Northrend. Humans and Forsaken/Blood-Elf want the Lich King dead. Dwarves and Tauren have the Iron Dwarves and Taunaka to meet.

#29 ayb

ayb

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Darnassus is also a lot closer to Northrend than Stormwind or Ironforge.

#30 ZulazeeluIcecrown

ZulazeeluIcecrown

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

Darnassus is also a lot closer to Northrend than Stormwind or Ironforge.

But this logic falls apart with Silvermoon City being far closer to Northrend than Orgrimmar. Unless this is supposed to happen simultaneously with the events of the SWP patch, so Arthas is scared to tussle with Kil'jaeden. Also, I thought Undercity was much further north than Orgrimmar too, but I may be misremembering.

#31 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

I guess most people are focusing on the Plaguelands as a reason why Eastern Kingdoms should be focused on most.

As to why attack Darnassus.. perhaps Arthas had to endure listening to Staghelm while 'leveling up' and finally managed to get time in his schedule to try and knock him off - who can blame him for that.

I'm curious what will pan out in the Chamber of Aspects.. more specifically the Green Dragonflight one as it could introduce new links to the Emerald Dream.

#32 Kumar

Kumar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

The Maw of Neltharian is where most of the Black Dragonflights' chain takes place. The Cult of the Damned has infiltrated it in order to raise dead dragons. I guess I'm wrong, though - magma wyrms are just the fiery version of the frost wyrms that we see every once in a while. Nightbane, etc. But there's nothing in that place left to be developed. It looks super cool though, to be sure.

Ah, I did not know that. I had read sometime back on one of the forums that the Maw of Neltharian was empty or something like that.

As for the attacks on Org, Darn, I think it will be explained more in Lore Terms than Arthas just attacking the city that was close.

Also, I think Blizzard probably needs a reason for Night-Elves and Orcs to go to Northrend. Humans and Forsaken/Blood-Elf want the Lich King dead. Dwarves and Tauren have the Iron Dwarves and Taunaka to meet.

I really doubt Night Elves need a reason to go to Northrend.

#33 baghwan2

baghwan2

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:16 AM

Has there been any more word on Muradin Bronzebeard? Does the Brann Bronzebeard encounter in Halls of Stone give us any additional info?

#34 Kazanir

Kazanir

Mr. Sandman

•  Patrons
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

Nothing in the Horde Quests, and nope.
'War' is too small a word for what I'm fighting. Like a candle in front of the whole burning Sun. Now, I am not going to die today. I have other projects, and other options.

You can come with me. I can protect you.

#35 Mokhtar

Mokhtar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

I certainly hope the old god doesn't end up being named Yogg Savon... Savon means soap in French, I couldn't do anything but giggle if I have to fight a frighteningly old entity with a name like Yogg Soap...

#36 Kazanir

Kazanir

Mr. Sandman

•  Patrons
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

It's Yogg-Saron. See the Ursoc questline for details.
'War' is too small a word for what I'm fighting. Like a candle in front of the whole burning Sun. Now, I am not going to die today. I have other projects, and other options.

#37 Starfire

Starfire

Blackfire too!

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

Well since this is a Spoilers thread and most of us aren't in Beta, care to fill us in?

#38 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Orgrimmar I knew about, but where it is mentioned that Darnassus was razed? O_o
What is the most important thing to you? Won't you grant me the pleasure of taking it away.

#39 Kazanir

Kazanir

Mr. Sandman

•  Patrons
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

Orgrimmar I knew about, but where it is mentioned that Darnassus was razed? O_o

I dunno. I saw someone mentioned Darnassus earlier in the thread and figured they knew what they were talking about. Could be entirely wrong though.

As far as Yogg-Saron, there are two Horde quests that mention him. The first is at Agmar's Hammer, where the blacksmith there tasks you with recovering some metallic ore samples from outside Azjol-Nerub. This ore is apparently what is used in constructing a lot of the walls of Icecrown (which is referred to as a metal that is nearly alive, or something like that.) The metal is called the "black blood of Yogg-Saron" in the quest.

In Grizzly Hills, you learn that the massive tree that lies strewn across the zone was once a World Tree called Vordrassil. It was grown in ancient times by the Cenarion Circle but then they discovered that it was corrupted at the roots and so they felled the tree. You discover that the furbolgs of the region have planted a new growth of Vordrassil inside the trunk of the old tree, and that they have been driven mad by whatever was corrupting the original. The son and daughter of Ursoc tell you that their father has also been returned to life -- but that he is not himself and is also under this evil influence. After burning the new Vordrassil sapling, you defeat the evil Ursoc and Ursoc's spirit tells you to "beware Yogg-Saron, he of a thousand maws."

Clearly the guy is alive and well and somehow linked to the activities of the Lich King to boot.

#40 Tirin

Tirin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

I guess most people are focusing on the Plaguelands as a reason why Eastern Kingdoms should be focused on most.

As to why attack Darnassus.. perhaps Arthas had to endure listening to Staghelm while 'leveling up' and finally managed to get time in his schedule to try and knock him off - who can blame him for that.

I think the Plaguelands are probably the very reason the Scourge went after Darnassus/Orgrimmar. In the Eastern Kingdom the Forsaken, Blood Elves, Argent Dawn, and Scarlet Crusade are all mobilized against the Scourge. They are constantly on guard against the threat from the cold north. In northern Kalimdor, there's no great threat other than some demonic remnants from the Legion's invasion. The Horde and Alliance forces would have their guards down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users