I believe spell damage trinket procs fall into these categories:
1) Procs on harmful spell cast
2) Procs on any spell cast
3) Procs on non-periodic crits
4) Procs on periodic damage
I do not know if Muradin's Spyglass (ICC-10) is initial cast only or periodic damage also, if it is both then it adds another category.
I would guess that Extract of Necromantic Power procs off magma totem damage, but I have not tested it. I would guess that a flametongue weapon damage (Flametongue Attack) crit would proc Reign of the Dead, but I have not tested it.
V18.104.22.168 - not released yet. Uses the following for those...
1) Procs on harmful spell cast - pSpellCast
- was pSpellDamage in v22.214.171.124
2) Procs on any spell cast - not currently implemented!!!
3) Procs on non-periodic crits - pSpellCrit and pFlametongueCrit
4) Procs on periodic damage - not currently implemented!!!
None of these trinkets are getting any proc effect from either a Magma totem drop (spell cast) or Magma totem pulse (spell damage? spell crit?).
You also have trinkets in patch 3.3 like Dislodged Foreign Object
which has proc of "Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 105 and an additional 105 every 2 sec for 20 sec."
Which sounds like spell cast too but who knows (not exactly a Enhance trinket anyway so not a big deal).
So questions are
1) Does periodic spell damage trigger trinkets with "on spell damage"?
2) What does Magma totem damage count as? Periodic? Non periodic? Nothing - doesn't trigger anything?
3) What does Flametongue damage count as? Melee damage? Spell damage? Neither its a special case and works on trinket by trinket basis?
EnhSim currently behaves as
1) no periodic damage triggers exist
2) magma totem doesn't trigger anything
3) treated as a special case on trinket by trinket basis. eg: for
flametongue damage isn't in the sim as triggering this effect.