• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2763 replies to this topic

#2761 stassart

stassart

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

I may be wrong but doesn't most trinkets that proc off spell damage also proc off magma totem damage & FS Dot ticks?

Whilst I'm musing on these things, where does Flametongue weapon imbue damage come into this? Should it be treated as spell damage? Does it proc things that come under the spell damage list? If so then the Sim is ignoring this source of spell damage at present.

I believe spell damage trinket procs fall into these categories:

1) Procs on harmful spell cast
Example:

2) Procs on any spell cast
Example:

3) Procs on non-periodic crits
Example:

4) Procs on periodic damage
Example:

I do not know if Muradin's Spyglass (ICC-10) is initial cast only or periodic damage also, if it is both then it adds another category.

I would guess that Extract of Necromantic Power procs off magma totem damage, but I have not tested it. I would guess that a flametongue weapon damage (Flametongue Attack) crit would proc Reign of the Dead, but I have not tested it.

#2762 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

I believe spell damage trinket procs fall into these categories:

1) Procs on harmful spell cast
Example:

2) Procs on any spell cast
Example:

3) Procs on non-periodic crits
Example:

4) Procs on periodic damage
Example:

I do not know if Muradin's Spyglass (ICC-10) is initial cast only or periodic damage also, if it is both then it adds another category.

I would guess that Extract of Necromantic Power procs off magma totem damage, but I have not tested it. I would guess that a flametongue weapon damage (Flametongue Attack) crit would proc Reign of the Dead, but I have not tested it.

V1.9.1.3 - not released yet. Uses the following for those...

1) Procs on harmful spell cast - pSpellCast - was pSpellDamage in v1.9.1.2
Example:

2) Procs on any spell cast - not currently implemented!!!
Example:

3) Procs on non-periodic crits - pSpellCrit and pFlametongueCrit
Example:

4) Procs on periodic damage - not currently implemented!!!
Example:

None of these trinkets are getting any proc effect from either a Magma totem drop (spell cast) or Magma totem pulse (spell damage? spell crit?).

You also have trinkets in patch 3.3 like Dislodged Foreign Object which has proc of "Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 105 and an additional 105 every 2 sec for 20 sec."

Which sounds like spell cast too but who knows (not exactly a Enhance trinket anyway so not a big deal).

So questions are

1) Does periodic spell damage trigger trinkets with "on spell damage"?

2) What does Magma totem damage count as? Periodic? Non periodic? Nothing - doesn't trigger anything?

3) What does Flametongue damage count as? Melee damage? Spell damage? Neither its a special case and works on trinket by trinket basis?

EnhSim currently behaves as

1) no periodic damage triggers exist

2) magma totem doesn't trigger anything

3) treated as a special case on trinket by trinket basis. eg: for flametongue damage isn't in the sim as triggering this effect.
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#2763 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:55 PM

1) Does periodic spell damage trigger trinkets with "on spell damage"?

2) What does Magma totem damage count as? Periodic? Non periodic? Nothing - doesn't trigger anything?

1) Example of an item that is worded this way?

2) Magma, Searing, and the Fire elemental's damage is considered nothing, they don't proc anything for you. You can get a proc off the spell cast of the totem though.

#2764 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

1) Example of an item that is worded this way?

2) Magma, Searing, and the Fire elemental's damage is considered nothing, they don't proc anything for you. You can get a proc off the spell cast of the totem though.

Muradin's Spyglass which is
http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=50345

Equip "Each time you deal spell damage to an opponent, you gain 20 spell power for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times."

NB. You'll need to follow the link - EJ forum mangles the link trying to make it a www . wowhead . com item instead of a ptr . wowhead . com item.
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users