• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#1 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

As patch 3.0 and WotLK broke DisqoDice and added new things for Enh Shammy's to think about (Maelstrom Weapon stacks, Lava Burst when Flame Shock on target) etc. and as Disquette had declared he was no longer playing I asked if I could take over the mod. He very kindly agreed and so I got to work, first fixing it for patch 3.0 then adding new features.

After radically updating the addon I decided to rename it and so the mod is now called ShockAndAwe. I felt that ShockAndAwe was a more appropriate name for an addon devoted to helping Enhancement Shamans Shock, StormStrike & Windfury their way to their maximum dps.

This addon will work with WotLK and patch 3.0.1 when it goes live it will NOT work on patch 2.4.3. I actively invite testers to comment, provide bug reports, and make suggestions for improvements.

You can download it from ShockAndAwe (formerly DisqoDice) : WoWInterface Downloads : WotLK Beta

Features

Various timer bars :

Shield : shows red when shield is inactive, shows time left on shield when active. Displays as pale grey when watershield active, blue when lightning shield is active, and green if some other shammy has cast an earth shield on you. It also displays the number of orbs charges you have left on the bar.

Maelstrom : Shows 15 second cooldown when another crit will add a Maelstrom charge. Shows number of charges on the bar and lights up when you have a full 5 stacks of Maelstrom, this is to show that an instant cast spell (Lava Burst, Lightning, Chain Lightning) is possible.

Stormstrike : bar shows when SS is active, duration is modified by Imp.SS talent - overlayed on this bar is hidden Windfury cooldown, so when WF procs you can see how long it will be before SS is ready and whether its worth waiting to proc WF off a SS.

Shock bar : shows the type of shock cast (green - earth, orange - flame, blue - frost, grey - wind) and duration before shock is next available. Duration of bar is modified by Reverberation talent. Option to show Flame/Earth rotation icons to remind you what is next. Option to warn you to use Wind Shock if your threat exceeds a player chosen percentage of the tank's (NB. only works if in group of 4 or more players).

New options

Configuration options appear on Blizzard Interface menu.

New frame that shows uptime of our major buffs : Flurry, Unleashed Rage, Elemental Devastation. May also add Lightning Speed (Mongoose proc), Elemental Strength (Stonebreaker Totem proc) however these will probably be replaced by new lvl 80 buffs so will probably wait until those are implemented. Display has both session uptimes and last fight uptimes.

Screenshots

Posted Image
Shows top LS bar 1 orb left, 2 stacks of MW on 2nd bar, SS halfway though cooldown, with WF having procced and on CD (orange bar). Icon shows recommendation for FS next.

Posted Image
Similar to first screenie, but note last shock was a FS so bar is reddish brown, and icon is ES.

Posted Image
This time shock bar is green showing last shock was an ES, and icon shows next shock should be a FS.

Posted Image
There is also an uptime counter that at present tracks 3 uptimes. As with all features this can be disabled if not required.

On the TODO list :

Remove manual config of 4 piece arena set.

Allow configuration of bar colours.

Add a shock indicator to Lava Burst bar to display if Flame Shock debuff still on target.

Allow selection of uptimes to track

Add Stats frame - will show current attack power, current haste percentage, current melee & spell crit percentages. Idea is to dynamically show these during fight as buffs/procs boost these figures they change during a fight. Display of this frame will be optional - disabling will turn off the dynamic calculation for those that don't want it.

Add a GCD bar.

Localisations need a lot of translation and checking

Whatever you can suggest...

#2 julored

julored

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:22 AM

This looks awesome. Does the flame/earth shock rotation icon take into account full resists on flame shock? I have no idea if that is possible or how difficult that would be to add.

#3 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

At present it checks for the existence of a flame shock on the target. I've noted that this check needs to be for YOUR flame shock on the target and will update this bug soon, assuming Blizzard fixed that bit in the Event callback api.

So if you FS and it is resisted your target would have no FS debuff and thus it would prompt you to FS again when cooldown is up.

This all needs serious testing in a raid environment ofc. At present on EU beta at lvl 70 with a crashing server its rather tedious to test. We have no premades on EU beta so I can't test lvl 80 stuff and obviously can't get into a raid. I would really, really welcome feedback and test results from raid testers, so that the mod is robust for WotLK launch.

#4 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Can you make the text optional and add some sort of other indication? I really don't need/want yet another area of text that I've got to read. Visual indicators are much better.

Also, /shockandawe isn't bringing up an options window from the version I snagged off wowinterface last night.
[e] Looks like its conflicting with some other Ace addon on beta. Not your fault. However, with only SAA turned on (all others disabled) I'm getting the message claiming that my addons are causing large numbers of errors. Also when its the only addon enabled, the options are only accessible via /saa and don't show up in the blizzard addon options menu.

#5 Quaunaut

Quaunaut

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

Can you make the text optional and add some sort of other indication? I really don't need/want yet another area of text that I've got to read. Visual indicators are much better.

Also, /shockandawe isn't bringing up an options window from the version I snagged off wowinterface last night.
[e] Looks like its conflicting with some other Ace addon on beta. Not your fault. However, with only SAA turned on (all others disabled) I'm getting the message claiming that my addons are causing large numbers of errors. Also when its the only addon enabled, the options are only accessible via /saa and don't show up in the blizzard addon options menu.

It could go like the old Windfury Bar- turns white once all 5 stacks are up. Note that the Maelstrom bar doesn't work on the PTR, v8970.

Also, when I'm in a group, I'm getting spammed the message"ShoackandAwe:Wind Shock" then, on the next line, "ShockandAwe: Already in party", or something to that effect.

#6 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

Many thanks for the feedback. Yes I can make the text optional - I guess this should be an all or nothing thing ie: text on bars visible/not visible.

Hmm interesting about the "large number of errors" I've not actually logged in since 8970 (on holiday in Spain) so perhaps something happened with that. I did read that this build screwed the integration with the blizzard options as they seemed to disable the addon frame. Again I haven't tested that.

Do you have something like !Buggrabber or !Swatter that would capture the errors so you could paste them in a msg to me.

edit: I've just logged in and am not seeing the errors occurring can you do a /saa version and confirm the full version number you are using please. The one I have is v2.20 (r81628). The addon options also appear to work so if you are on the latest version I need to track this down as I can't have it crashing on install for new users.

If you don't have !Swatter/!Buggrabber addons or similar - could you check your Logs/FrameXML.log file this file should get cleared each time you start game from scratch. So if you login fresh and get the errors and logout it should capture the relevant info.

It could go like the old Windfury Bar- turns white once all 5 stacks are up. Note that the Maelstrom bar doesn't work on the PTR, v8970.

Also, when I'm in a group, I'm getting spammed the message"ShoackandAwe:Wind Shock" then, on the next line, "ShockandAwe: Already in party", or something to that effect.

Hmm sounds like something did indeed break in 8970.

The Already in party, Wind Shock messages sound like I've left some debug info in there I'll check and fix.

Edit: found and fixed the debug messages - will now only show if you have debug mode on.

Re: No maelstrom weapon - It seems to be related to the talent reset - if you start a login with zero maelstrom talents and add them its not turning on the bar. I'll fix this tomorrow as its almost 3am here.

Another Edit : Easy fix - new Lava Lash talent meant that Maelstrom Weapon was position 27 in tree now whereas it was position 26 in old tree.

New version 2.21 uploaded with text display config on/off, fixed maelstrom weapon & Imp SS talents, and fixed debug messages, added display/hide uptime frame.

#7 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

9/22 17:54:16.145 Loading add-on ShockAndAwe
9/22 17:54:16.145 ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.toc
9/22 17:54:16.145 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\embeds.xml
9/22 17:54:16.145 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\AceConfig-3.0\AceConfig-3.0.xml
9/22 17:54:16.145 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\AceConfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.xml
9/22 17:54:16.145 ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:18: Cannot find a library instance of "AceGUI-3.0".
9/22 17:54:16.145 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\lib.xml
9/22 17:54:16.145 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\embeds.xml
9/22 17:54:16.145 Error loading Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua
9/22 17:54:16.145 Couldn't open Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.xml

Did you forget to embed something? This was using v2.2 today.
I logged in with all addons enabled. Had to disable my 3 ace addons in order to use the config options for SAA. When I logged back in, I started getting the "you have a lot of addon errors" message again, and then one of the bars started randomly appearing on the screen while I was just standing there idle.

#8 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:05 AM

Many thanks. The line

9/22 17:54:16.145 ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:18: Cannot find a library instance of "AceGUI-3.0".

is the culprit. It seems that because I just can't bare the default interface and use XPerl & Bartender4 I already had AceGUI-3.0 loaded as they embed it. The AceGUI-3.0 appears to be a dependency of AceConfigDialog-3.0, as you tested it as the sole addon you didn't have that embedded and hence errors on the config dialog. I'll add a dependency and upload a new version.

This new version might have a few issues as I've spend the afternoon adding Lava Burst & Lava Lash CD bars. This was done by the pool in Spain, lovely 32degrees here compared with 15 back in UK, sipping a glass or three of wine. The code may have issues as it hit 8pm server time when my mates came online and we went questing on our alts, and so I left the code in the state it was in. This also doesn't take account of the effects of the wine.

Edit: Ok so I spend some time checking and fixing the code to ensure it should be stable. The Lava Lash & Lava Burst probably aren't stable but if you disable those options it should work fine.

There still seems to be some bug that doesn't always get your talents when you initially login/reload, I suspect a race condition as most of the time it works. Could it be that PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD fires before the talents are loaded?

Also added a TO DO list :

Add option to show a LB or LvB icon next to Maelstrom Bar. Would only show LvB on configurable settings ie:

LvB off cooldown
my FS on target
my FS has less than X seconds remaining OR my ED will run out in less than Y seconds

ie: use LvB if available and FS has small amount of time left or my ED will run out soon.

Will be interesting to know if there is a balance of times and where that balance lies.

#9 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

Hm. The Ace Config lib is still having some issues though I can't tell with what. Its definitely conflicting with some other ace addons, probably the version of quartz I've got installed.

#10 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

Hm. The Ace Config lib is still having some issues though I can't tell with what. Its definitely conflicting with some other ace addons, probably the version of quartz I've got installed.

There's a known issue with Quartz buffs module, a fix is here on the EJ site but as I don't use the buffs module I haven't tried it.

It does sound like your AceConfig library is out of date. Do you use WowAceUpdater to ensure all of your libraries are the latest version? Unfortunately the nature of embedded libs means that Wow randomly loads one from one of your addon folders. If they are not all the same version you can get random weird effects if it loads an out of date version first.

Two solutions to this problem - keep all the libraries up to date and on the same version number (using something like WowAceUpdater to do it all for you), or have Ace2 & Ace3 as separate library addon folders and remove all embedded libs.

You could manually check the ace library versions to see if any of the libs folders in your addons you are loading in beta are different versions from the ones in ShockAndAwe. The ones in ShockAndAwe were updated from the wowace site a few seconds before I uploaded the zip to wowinterface.com

I'm keen to work with you to solve this one as its likely others may have similar problems in future. I'd also value your feedback once you get it working.

#11 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

Well the problem is that for beta I'm just using the addons with embedded libs so its a pain in the ass to keep them updated. I'll see what I can do though, the good news is that the new version at least loads on its own. ;)

The lava lash bar is too similar in color to the storm strike bar, and having 3 bars (WF, SS, LL) overlapping in one layer is a bit confusing.

When I turned on my other addons the lava lash bar stopped showing up and this error was generated.

9/23 07:47:53.142 Loading add-on ShockAndAwe
9/23 07:47:53.142 ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.toc
9/23 07:47:53.142 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\lib.xml
9/23 07:47:53.142 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\embeds.xml
9/23 07:47:53.142 Error loading Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua
9/23 07:47:53.142 Couldn't open Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.xml

#12 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Well the problem is that for beta I'm just using the addons with embedded libs so its a pain in the ass to keep them updated. I'll see what I can do though, the good news is that the new version at least loads on its own. ;)

Yeah tell me about it I have 256 addon dirs in my addon folder. So I took the time to install Ace2 and Ace3 standalone and strip all the libs from the addons folders as I was spending longer debugging addons than testing the beta.

Mind you my focus in beta testing is to find a stable set of addons and to get ShockAndAwe, InventoryOnPar & MBB (MiniMapButtonBag) updated so they work on patch 3.0. I think I've only done about 4 or 5 quests in total, no instances etc. In fact I am dreading killing more harvesters & ghouls in Borean Tundra when it hits live :) I must have killed hundreds of them testing.

Edit: New version 2.40 has LvB/LB suggestion icon, and temp fix for race condition when talents aren't read correctly on login.

#13 Minitabandus

Minitabandus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

I like what you've done with the addon, thank you and keep up the good work. I've tested the addon a little, so far there isen't much to say exept: Threre is one think i realy missed in DisqoDice, wondered if you can do something about new bar textures? Considering the addon "visual". being able to change as much as possible to blend it in to your UI will improve its functionality
Posted Image

#14 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

Storm Strike bar isn't accounting for Improved StormStrike. The cooldown bar for Wind Shock is pretty hard to see.

#15 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

I like what you've done with the addon, thank you and keep up the good work. I've tested the addon a little, so far there isen't much to say exept: Threre is one think i realy missed in DisqoDice, wondered if you can do something about new bar textures? Considering the addon "visual". being able to change as much as possible to blend it in to your UI will improve its functionality

I've added support for SharedMedia in version 2.50, feedback appreciated.

Storm Strike bar isn't accounting for Improved StormStrike. The cooldown bar for Wind Shock is pretty hard to see.

This should be fixed in v2.40 its part of the "talents all have zero values in PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" problem. I've posted an issue in beta and on the UI & Macros US forum. The fix was to check if you have no talent points on entering combat and adjust bars if you now do have them. A better fix will come from Blizzard.

To check its working with the Imp.SS talents do a SS and see if the bar expires at the same time as the icon on your button bar. It seems to be exactly right on mine. I took a design decision to stick with disquette's idea of the bars expiring at the same rate thus you vary the bar length. SS is therefore treated as the max length bar. I didn't think making MW cooldown of 15 seconds the default was useful as it made SS length look tiny whereas this is your main focus really. So MW cooldown expires in 15 seconds but at the same bar width as SS.

All the other bars are barTime/ssTime. So 0/5 reverb shocks are 6 / 8 (assuming 2/2 Imp SS.)

The Wind Shock bar's alpha value was mis-copied it should be same as others fixed in v2.41

Edit: New version 2.50 out

#16 Minitabandus

Minitabandus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Cool! Will test it right after raid.

Any chance of adding the "smooth" texture?
Posted Image

#17 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

Cool! Will test it right after raid.

Any chance of adding the "smooth" texture?

If you have the SharedMedia addon it should give you lots of those textures including "Smooth". You can get SharedMedia from http://files.wowace....SharedMedia.zip

Basically the LibSharedMedia now in ShockAndAwe should see the new textures you have loaded and add them to the list. If you add more textures the library just picks them up. So what you do is look for other texture addons that provide textures rather than me shipping my choices with ShockAndAwe. This prevents lots of duplicate textures as all I could do would be to grab some from other addons as I am no graphic artist.

#18 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

Version 2.5, no other addons enabled. Tried the command /saa bars lavalash

9/27 15:37:31.611 Loading add-on ShockAndAwe
9/27 15:37:31.611 ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.toc
9/27 15:37:31.611 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\lib.xml
9/27 15:37:31.611 ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\embeds.xml
9/27 15:37:31.611 Error loading Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua
9/27 15:37:31.611 Couldn't open Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\libs\LibAboutPanel\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.xml

Other commands work, but the lavalash option does not, I'm not able to turn it on.

The "Shock Rotation" option is just showing a flame shock icon the entire time no matter what shock is active or on cooldown or would be ideal to use next. Also after turning that option on I got a "Your addons are causing a lot of errors" notification.

#19 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:10 AM

Many thanks Malan very useful feedback.

I'd mistyped Lava Lash frame name so that's now fixed. As for the rotations, it works with me although I must admit that the Earth Shock & Flame Shock icons are not the most diverse icons and so it can be a bit tricky to spot the difference. It may be that I need to use icons that are easier to tell the difference between.

I wasn't too sure what

Also after turning that option on I got a "Your addons are causing a lot of errors" notification.

referred to. Was it the /saa bars lava lash or /saa bars rotation?

If you are still getting the Blizzard default error messages you may find it useful to install these two addons

http://files.wowace....!BugGrabber.zip and
http://files.wowace....ack/BugSack.zip

This then traps the bugs and puts them in a sack, so they don't pop up and interfere with your game during play. It also allows you to view the exact error messages in detail in game and be able to cut and paste them.

New version v2.51 is up on WowInterface site.

#20 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

Need the MW timer to be increased to 30 seconds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users