• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#281 Udub

Udub

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

I'm trying Shock and Awe out even though I'm only lvl 50.
Is it normal that SR, when set to nr1 prio and only to show below 30% mana, always shows up as nr1 prio even when you have way more than 30% mana?

#282 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

I'm trying Shock and Awe out even though I'm only lvl 50.
Is it normal that SR, when set to nr1 prio and only to show below 30% mana, always shows up as nr1 prio even when you have way more than 30% mana?

Yes. Only put SR in priority list if you have 2 pieces of T10 gear. SR in the priority queue means use it as soon as its available (to get the 2pc T10 damage bonus).
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#283 Vespasian

Vespasian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:17 AM

Hi Levva,
Looked through the last 3 pages but did not see mention of this: any plans for a Maelstrom Power (4pc T10) notification? If I have not had a proc for a while and SR is up, I like to hold off for a while and hit it when I have the 20% AP bonus. I also like to speed pot when its up, so being able to see the buff clearly is important. Sounds like a logical extension of the S&A functionality list.

I am currently using Power Aura Classic to fill this void. I have tuned it to an unobtrusive pulsing ring around my char when it procs, along with a sonar sound. For S&A I was thinking you could perhaps have a small pulsing ring around the priority frame along with a sound option that draws from your existing sound file list. Perhaps you could even have icons appearing around the priority frame for each non-90%+ uptime proc (Ashen ring, whisperfang skull etc)

Cheers.

Vesp

#284 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hi Levva,
Looked through the last 3 pages but did not see mention of this: any plans for a Maelstrom Power (4pc T10) notification? If I have not had a proc for a while and SR is up, I like to hold off for a while and hit it when I have the 20% AP bonus. I also like to speed pot when its up, so being able to see the buff clearly is important. Sounds like a logical extension of the S&A functionality list.

I am currently using Power Aura Classic to fill this void. I have tuned it to an unobtrusive pulsing ring around my char when it procs, along with a sonar sound. For S&A I was thinking you could perhaps have a small pulsing ring around the priority frame along with a sound option that draws from your existing sound file list. Perhaps you could even have icons appearing around the priority frame for each non-90%+ uptime proc (Ashen ring, whisperfang skull etc)

Cheers.

Vesp

If you can add it as a feature request in the ticket system. I can look at adding it if I go back to raiding. Thing is I cannot test it without getting 4pc T10 myself and as I'm not raiding I cannot get 4pc T10. So don't expect this any time soon, if ever.
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#285 Cochice

Cochice

dorf

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

Hullo Levva,

I know this was mentioned on the Enh boards a few weeks ago, but is there any plan to make the FS dot bar show the duration based on your haste rather than the tooltip duration? So it would function similar to the dot bar in forte. If this has been brought up already, sorry I missed it. Thanks!

#286 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

Version 5.80
Fix fire totem timer bars for duration of magma totem being not quite exactly 20 seconds
Add text if barstext on to FlameShock Dot Bar
Affect FlameShock Dot Bar by haste
Remove Unleashed Rage uptime as its now a 100% aura
Properly Implemented FSTicksLeft option now advises to refresh FS if less than X ticks lefts
Altered single target priority defaults

#287 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

Version 5.81
Fix big lag when lighting shield expires out of combat
Fix magma totem priority if dropped via Call of the XXXX

Version 5.82
Fix TOC file to 30300 from 30303 as that wasn't being recognised as up to date

#288 zupercow

zupercow

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

When I use shockandawe`s priority frame... by shockandawe stops working. Anyone has any ideea how can I fix this? or do I need to reinstall the addon?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Problem solved. if you get the same issue disable/enable the addon from loging screen will not work. to resolve the thingy use command line /saa disable /saa enable

Ty and sorry for posting in wrong place.

#289 Wotnot

Wotnot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

Coming back to my shaman after playing my ret paladin I'm finding it hard to adapt to using Shockandawe's priority frame as apposed to the FCFS priority frame from the mod CLCret for paladins.

I'm not sure if my configuration is wrong, but my biggest issue is that CLCret will show you what abiitity is ready and best to use now (which SAA does), and also what is going to be the next best ability to use (accounting for cooldowns).

SAA doesn't show you what is going to be next in the priority after the current ability, too often the priority frame will show a blank box and I'm making an educated guess as to what's next which isn't always optimal when trying to make the best use of the global cooldown.

#290 tlai

tlai

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Has this addon stopped being developed? I have the same issue with the above poster i have made a ticket on http://wow.curseforg...andawe/tickets/ and see that there are still authors that are accepting new tickets, the question is how else do people play enhance without a fulling working addon like clcret, at least to start off with.

#291 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

I don't actively play any more. I have however closed that ticket. Enhancement is NOT retribution and we have numerous abilities that proc that mean you cannot accurately predict the next ability after the current one.

#292 PerfectCrime

PerfectCrime

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

hey guys i got weird problem about saa 6.11
after 2 months i return back to game dl.ed free ui and saa
if i enable saa i m having amazing spikes but its not latency.its like playing high conf required games with low config pc.
i have tried this on 2 computers but both have same problem unable to play.
i also tried to play without free ui but same problem exist so i dont think problem is free ui.

hope you can help me.

#293 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

ShockAndAwe doesn't lag!!! It just doesn't work since patch 4.1. If you are getting lag instead of errors then your configuration is screwed and you have "display LUA errors" turned off which is a recipe for disaster as you never get to know about addons that are not working you just get weird problems.

#294 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Version 6.20
Remove Minor Glyphs from EnhSim export
Add initial patch 4.2 compatibility
Patch 4.1 changes - wasn't playing at time so didn't do them until now
Changed Fire Nova length to 4 sec
Changed Magma totem length to 60 sec
Add initial test code for Unleash Elements bar
Fix bug when changing colour of Fire Totem Bar
Casting Unleash Elements now shows bar
Feral Spirits summon bar has a bug with duration and cooldowns

ShockAndAwe - Addons - Curse

Enjoy.

#295 Vespasian

Vespasian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

Hi Levva,
Thanks for your continued work on this- after so many years relying on this excellent addon, I do not want to picture how much my play would suffer without it.

I have a few suggestions that I have also submitted as a ticket. These suggestions come from the fact that I have recently begun working MW3/4 LB into my rotation in preparation for acquiring the spellpower axe.

Firstly, I think it would be good if we could toggle the colour of the MW proc count blocks (the five squares that appear just below the main priority icon). I’m finding red extremely difficult to see in a large number of Firelands encounters due to the fact that pretty much everything is red/orange.

Secondly, I think it would be helpful if the MW1/2/3/4 LB priority icons were different to the MW5 LB icon. Often there will be a 0.5 sec gap between the expiration of my global cooldown and the expiration of a cooldown of one of my main abilities (such as LL). In this 0.5 seconds, the LB icon appears and I find myself having to ‘check’ to see how many stacks it is at- if it’s at 5 stacks, then I want to hit it while if it’s at less than this, I would probably prefer to hold off depending on which ability is coming off cooldown next. A different icon for MW LB of less than 5 stacks will go a long way to making this easier.

Thirdly, would it be possible to build conditions into the way that MW3/4 LB priorities appear, such is ‘if time to next ability CD < 0.5 sec, do not show MW1/2/3/4 LB’? This would further refine the issue indicated above.

Fourthly, might it be possible to make the priority options more robust by allowing for the input of unique abilities such as blood fury/trinkets?

Failing the above, I wanted to know if there were plans to introduce MW1/2 or LvB as priority options, as this is certainly where our optimal rotation/priority is headed given the spellpower axe.

Thanks again.

#296 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

I popped back to wow the day before 4.2 hit. Now less than a month later I'm already bored rigid, there is bugger all to do. You do very very repetitive dailies or try not to go out of your mind by doing one of two instances ZA/ZG again and again and AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH again???? The odd raid cannot fix this boredom.

So my decision to only resubscribe for one month has been entirely vindicated. I am therefore now unbelievably unlikely EVER to part with cash and login again. Thus I will not be implementing any of your suggestions. Cross your fingers the addon still works come the next patch.

Moderators please lock this thread, it has served it's purpose.

#297 Vespasian

Vespasian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:15 AM

This mod is quite important to anyone who has ever used it. Is there anyone who can assume development responsibilities? I would suggest that this thread remains open while we discuss the options relating to on-going development. Levva, would it be alright if I highlighted the need for a new developer on various forums and directed people to PM you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users