• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#21 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I've done that just not uploaded the change. I was expecting we'd have a new patch with reversed MW changes (PPM mechanic etc) by the weekend. As I've been running a training course at work this week and too tired at night to login, I thought I'd wait till the weekend to update the addon with what may be a lot of changes.

#22 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

PPM mechanic shouldn't affect anything though right? There wasn't any indication that they were reducing the buff timer to 15 sec again. Remains to be seen I suppose.

#23 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

New version 2.60 uploaded it has the 30sec timer, and I've added a fully configurable colour scheme. ie: you can change the colours of every bar.

Re: PPM mechanic - yup it didn't affect anything I just wanted to make sure they didn't slip in other changes with this build that I'd have to go and change yet again. Nothing major this time from Blizz so I added colour changer options.

#24 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11427 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

Is adding additional classes in the plan?

Such as the other melee hybrid, Ret (who has 4 cooldown abilities, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, Judgement of X, and Hammer of Wrath).

#25 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

New version 2.60 uploaded it has the 30sec timer, and I've added a fully configurable colour scheme. ie: you can change the colours of every bar.

Still only showing 2.51 at wowinterface.com.

#26 Quaunaut

Quaunaut

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

I'm finding the only thing I'm wanting out of this now, because of the proc setting of Maelstrom Weapon, I'm suddenly wanting a GCD bar.

#27 polocabbit

polocabbit

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

I've been trying to get this to work, but it's not even showing up in the addon list for me. I've downloaded v2.6 from WoWInterface to help with the testing of MW, but no go.

Have you gotten any other reports of this nature with v2.6? If not, what kind of information do I need to provide to troubleshoot this problem?

Also, I'm having trouble connecting to the SVN and I'm getting the error:

Server sent unexpected return value (405 Method Not Allowed) in response to
PROPFIND request for '/wowace/branches/ShockAndAwe/WotLK'

"Doubt is the thief that often makes us fear to tread where we might have won.” —William Shakespeare

#28 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

Is adding additional classes in the plan?

Such as the other melee hybrid, Ret (who has 4 cooldown abilities, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, Judgement of X, and Hammer of Wrath).

Sorry not in the foreseeable future. I don't have a ret pally so would have no way of testing it, and I definitely don't have the time to level one to 70 before patch 3.0 hits :) Once patch 3.0 is out my focus will be on levelling my shammy and my priest and ofc a Death Knight with inscription. Then starting raiding with my guild at 80. I very much doubt therefore that I would look near leveling a ret pally for quite a few months to come.

Still only showing 2.51 at wowinterface.com.

Yeah looks like it didn't get approval straight away or the upload failed or something. So I've pushed a new version 2.61 which removes the icon suggesting LvB when you get 5 stacks of MW.

I'm finding the only thing I'm wanting out of this now, because of the proc setting of Maelstrom Weapon, I'm suddenly wanting a GCD bar.

I have added the suggestion of a GCD bar to the TODO list.

I've been trying to get this to work, but it's not even showing up in the addon list for me. I've downloaded v2.6 from WoWInterface to help with the testing of MW, but no go.

Have you gotten any other reports of this nature with v2.6? If not, what kind of information do I need to provide to troubleshoot this problem?

Also, I'm having trouble connecting to the SVN and I'm getting the error:

Have you managed to download the addon from WowInterface? If you have, I take it you have unzipped the file into your addons folder and restarted wow (not just log out from your char but RESTART wow - wow only loads a new addon from a fresh start - Wow won't load the addon if wow was running when you installed it). If you follow those normal instructions for installing an addon it will show up in your addons list.

There is a new version 2.61 up on the WowInterface site now you can download it directly from this link http://www.wowinterf...rmerlyDisqoDice

Regarding the SVN. Wowace have now closed their doors to users and have become a developer only community. This is a situation that is obviously out of my hands. The SVN has been shut down, and the addons moved to a new site, at Curseforge.com. Users will now need to manually download their Ace addons from an addon site or use the new CurseUpdater. There is a lot more info at the wowace site World of Warcraft - WowAce.com but bear in mind their focus is now developers.

#29 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:32 AM

Can you reposition (or make them re-orderable in the menu) Lava Lash so that it is lower than Earth Shock? That way the bars are in order of the priority of SS -> ES -> LL

Also would LOVE an option so that Water Shield only shows up when its not up.

#30 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

Can you reposition (or make them re-orderable in the menu) Lava Lash so that it is lower than Earth Shock? That way the bars are in order of the priority of SS -> ES -> LL

Also would LOVE an option so that Water Shield only shows up when its not up.

I was looking at allowing a reordering although it requires a fairly major rewrite from fixed name bar frames to indexed ones. Much easier is flipping the two and I'll do that.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the water shield one. I'm guessing you are looking for it to be hidden until its down? Then it pops up to warn you? Then if you cast the shield the bar disappears again? If this is what you are after its a very easy option to add a "Hide Active Shield" option and apply to all shields.

BTW on a complete tangent are you aware that it also works with earth shield? If your are in say a 5 man and a Resto Shammy sticks up an Earth Shield on you then it shows a green shield as it replaces your own shield. I used to get an ES when I tanked the first mob in Maggy encounter, so it can happen, it's just not terribly common that we are off tanking :) The one and only time I used an epic shield I got as a "oh well you can use a shield can't you, better than disenchanting as bank is full of void crystals already and you ever know when you might use it". Ha I thought thats just a bank slot, at the time we'd never bothered with Maggy, ended up going back after the nerf because some members wanted the quest complete, and shield had a use after all!!!
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#31 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

Not entirely sure what you mean by the water shield one. I'm guessing you are looking for it to be hidden until its down? Then it pops up to warn you? Then if you cast the shield the bar disappears again? If this is what you are after its a very easy option to add a "Hide Active Shield" option and apply to all shields.

Yes that's exactly what I want it to do. I don't care how long Water Shield or Lightning Shield have left on duration, I only care about noticing when they're down. I find it distracting to have the bar there all the time during solo content.

#32 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

V2.63 should be up on wowinterface as soon as file is approved. It now has the bars in the order you suggested, and has an option to show/hide shield when shield is active.
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#33 sanna

sanna

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

At first, i love disqodice and i will love shockandawe.

Could you may add support for different fonts via SharedMediaLibrary? You already did this for bar textures and i would love to have the same option for fonts, just to make shockandawe fit into my ui a bit more.

#34 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

BAH!! Just this second finished the border textures and someone asks for fonts now!!! ;)

Fair enough will add it to the TODO.

#35 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

Version 2.90 now available on WowInterface.com & Curse.com.

Changelog:

Version 2.64
Added no-lib stripping and optionaldeps

Version 2.70
Added option to set border textures
Added option to set font on frames
Moved various options around and re-ordered the menus
Massive overhaul of the Uptime frame - fixed a couple of memory leaks - should run a lot faster and a lot less memory
Added option to configure uptime frame colours

Version 2.71
Added German translations thanks to Bekeon on wowinterface.com
Fixed rescaling issue

Version 2.80
Added a global cooldown bar which auto-adjusts for any haste effects

Version 2.81
Fixed spark point to no longer be offset by its width on GCD bar

Version 2.82
Fixed GCD bar visible by default on entering world
Fixed missing French localisation entries (still needing translation)

Version 2.90
Added optional sound to play when 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon are achieved
Uses any sound registered with SharedMediaLib
Add option to flash Maelstrom Weapon frame when you get 5 stacks

Hmm today's been a BUSY day. Really enjoyed it though, hope you all do to. Please leave feedback if there's other things you'd like to see or any bugs you find.

#36 sanna

sanna

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

Thank you so much (especially for configureable fonts)!!! ;)

#37 Gavain

Gavain

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:39 PM

V 2.93 works fine now for me on Beta

Really good work...I think I keep it :)

One further suggestion:
I keep the old (und pretty useless) TotemTimer for one reason: I can give keybindings to stuff like Water Shield, WF or FT via the key selection menue (don´t really know the official English name, sorry).

Would it be very difficult to add something like that ?

And your pictures show a symbol of the shock in front of the bar, but thats not showing up when I use it.
Also I got no effect from "show LB/Lvb-Icon when MW is up", when selected I cannot see anything special when MW is up...what am I supposed to see when I choose this option ?

Hope that was understandable...it´s late, I´m tired and old and loosing my battle against a foreign language right now...*grumbling and heading for bed*

#38 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

I've not done anything previously with keybinds I can investigate how that would work.

On the icons, I've currently had that turned off whilst testing. I'll need to turn it back on to see if I broke anything in a recent build, servers are down at present though.

The icon on the MW bar was meant to suggest either Lava Burst or Lightning Bolt depending on a number of factors eg: LvB off cooldown, FS on target for 100% crit guarantee etc. However with the change to Lava Burst not being affected by MW this is redundant now. I should tidy up the code and remove all signs of lava burst.

#39 Rosoe

Rosoe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

Silly thing to bring up, but I'm having trouble configuring the size of the timer bars. It's not very intuitive, and I have so far made the whole thing vanish with the /saa frames scale command (tried 70, 200, and 1000 - couldn't figure out if scale was % size or pixel size or what). On my UI, the bars take up WAY too much space - both in width and height - and I am just not figuring out the right commands to resize it. Is there a way to make them smaller (a click and drag feature on the edges maybe) that I haven't been able to find?

#40 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hmm the scaling code dates from the old DisqoDice addon and not something I've really touched. I'll look into it though. The scale command should work - easiest is to use the blizzard interface rather than command line to set it. Press ESC to get menu click interface and addons tab then select ShockAndAwe - this gives you access to all the config options including a slider for configuring scale which resizes the frame as you scroll the slider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users