• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#601 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

It would be nice If you could set up several people in one simulation, to be able to simulate the interactions between classes

We already support this. In terms of the GUI interface might mean a little mucking around but just listing multiple profiles and simulating them all (Be sure to disable optimal_raid) would what you want.

That's pretty much how the Raid_T13H.simc profiles work. We create a profile that lists all our various specs but for the purposes of the Sim they're just all players in the same raid group attacking the same target. We do by default keep on optimal_raid=1 which just ensures that all the raid buffs are covered even if the raid is missing that particular buff. Turning off the optimal_raid=1 would ensure each class cast its buffs etc. instead.

#602 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

SimulationCraft 503-2 Beta was just released. It is built with Beta Build 15882 data, and includes our new MoP Logo.

Besides updates and improvements for the already finished classes, the biggest progress has been made on the Mage and Hunter modules.

#603 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

SimulationCraft 504-4 Beta was just released. It is built with Beta Build 15972 data.

#604 Eph

Eph

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Is it possible to simulate a protection paladin? I don't mind writing my own action priority, but I can't seem to get any output to show up for plain dps or the new tank model. I tried a handful of overrides borrowed from prot warrior default and tanking example in the guide, but as a prot paladin I haven't been able to get my character to appear in any way in the results. I'm only seeing the pillow or healers.

#605 Berthold

Berthold

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Unfortunately, protection paladin is currently not fully supported and without any volunteer I assume it to be staying that way. However, you can take a look at theck's work aver at Sacred Duty | A Protection Paladin Blog. That should at least give you some scalefactors to enter into something like askmrrobot.com and then go from there.
SimulationCraft starter guide: https://code.google....i/StartersGuide
Please do not PM me about things you wouldn't put in the respective threads. Just post them there, others might learn stuff from your questions.

#606 Xayide

Xayide

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Does the current version 505-6 support item upgrades with valor/justice points? If so, how to make use of it?

I was trying to do it manually, such as replacing:
main_hand=loshan_terror_incarnate,id=86328,stats=355crit_341haste_524int_7007sp_786sta,gems=500int,enchant=jade_spirit,weapon=sword_2.2speed_2551min_4739max
for
main_hand=loshan_terror_incarnate,id=86328,stats=382crit_367haste_564int_7548sp_846sta,gems=500int,enchant=jade_spirit,weapon=sword_2.2speed_2748min_5106max

But I would like some advice as to how to do it for trinkets. For example, what would the correct line for be? I currently have:
trinket1=light_of_the_cosmos,id=87065,stats=1218haste
, which does not explicitly include its proc. How can I find out the correct syntax and values (proc chance and ICD) for the proc? I don't mind going through source codes if that's necessary, I would only like some direction if possible.

Thank you.

#607 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

510-2 or higher should support Item upgrades, all of them and with correct numbers ( hopefully ).
A few points to know about item upgrades in SimC:
* You absolutely must specify a item id, or we can't upgrade your item.
* The Battle Net Armory doesn't provide any upgrade information yet. Thus, a imported character won't have his items upgraded.
* You can manually upgrade a item ( eg. after importing your character from the armory ), by adding ,upgrade=1 or ,upgrade=2 to the item.

#608 Savius

Savius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

We already support this. In terms of the GUI interface might mean a little mucking around but just listing multiple profiles and simulating them all (Be sure to disable optimal_raid) would what you want.

That's pretty much how the Raid_T13H.simc profiles work. We create a profile that lists all our various specs but for the purposes of the Sim they're just all players in the same raid group attacking the same target. We do by default keep on optimal_raid=1 which just ensures that all the raid buffs are covered even if the raid is missing that particular buff. Turning off the optimal_raid=1 would ensure each class cast its buffs etc. instead.

I want to simulate all the dps in my guild (with "optimal_raid=1").
The way I do it now is like this: from Simulationcraft/Import I navigate to each person's armory, import it, append the generated text into a separate file. Then I simulate the file and I get a result html like the one for Raid_T14H.simc.

Can I do it in a more efficient way? For instance, if I want to simulate my raid a month from now, I'll have to re-import manually everyone. Can I create a file with the links to the armory profiles and make Simulationcraft import all those chars and then simulate them?

#609 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sure You can, You can find few different methods of doing it(by guild - rank/class, realm) in Help > Wiki > Textual configuration interface > Characters - part of the manual. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users