• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:24 AM

Note: I've updated all the addons to 4.0.1. I have how ever not fixed some of Reminder/Slice Dice modules that need to be reworked. Contributions are more than welcome.

Evl's Addons
GitHub

A collection of personal addons that strictly follow the KISS principle (Keep it Simple Stupid). While the addons don't have fancy configuration dialogs, they are all very configurable if you can operate a text editor.

Posted Image
evl_SliceDice
- showing Slice and Dice on top and Rupture on the bottom (currently supports Death knight, Feral, Moonkin, Rogue and Warrior)

Posted Image
evl_RaidStatus

Posted Image
evl_Reminders
- showing parts of the rogue module, it covers pretty much every class Forgettableâ„¢ (currently supports Consumables, Druid, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman and Warlock)

Posted Image
evl_Combo

#2 Vranx

Vranx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

No more evl_Nameplates?

#3 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

I haven't had time to update them yet but I will see what I get around to during this week.

#4 zork

zork

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

We need evl_Nameplates badly :). If I can help you developing it give me a tell.
| Simple is beautiful.
| Blog | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | Guild | zorker.de

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

#5 Feist-Mok

Feist-Mok

Doesn't look like a Presbyterian.

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

Is the S'n'D bar on evl_SliceDice out of the maximum potential slice and dice, or does it merely max out at the duration of the last refresh?
The one feature of a Slice and Dice timer I miss the most is the ability to visually compare the duration of a new potential slice based on current combo points versus the duration remaining on my current. See Cutup : WoWInterface Downloads : Rogue - bars that go to max length for a 1 or 5 point slice are just flat out unhelpful here.

#6 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:40 AM

Is the S'n'D bar on evl_SliceDice out of the maximum potential slice and dice, or does it merely max out at the duration of the last refresh?

It calculates maximum durations for both Slice and Dice and Rupture when you log in, change glyphs or respec. It scans both talents and glyphs.

#7 Feist-Mok

Feist-Mok

Doesn't look like a Presbyterian.

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

It calculates maximum durations for both Slice and Dice and Rupture when you log in, change glyphs or respec. It scans both talents and glyphs.

So just to confirm, if I pop a 2 pt slice and dice, the static bar only fills halfway?

Downloading now with high hopes :D

#8 AzGuL^

AzGuL^

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:00 AM

It doesn't check for 2 piece T4 though, does it?

#9 Andrast

Andrast

King Hippo

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:11 AM

To be fair this is going to be an obsolete corner case in less than a month.

#10 tsigo

tsigo

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

You might be checking the wrong spell ID for Glyph of Slice and Dice. Wowhead has it listed as 57303 and you're checking 56821, which is Sinister Strike.

I didn't know GetGlyphSocketInfo() existed, so thanks for that! I was doing all kinds of stupid tooltip scanning.

#11 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:39 AM

You might be checking the wrong spell ID for Glyph of Slice and Dice. Wowhead has it listed as 57303 and you're checking 56821, which is Sinister Strike.

I didn't know GetGlyphSocketInfo() existed, so thanks for that! I was doing all kinds of stupid tooltip scanning.

Absolutely correct, nicely spotted!

#12 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

I'll be nice and add this along with the glyph id fix, expect update in a couple of hours.

#13 djhbrd

djhbrd

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

Is evl_SliceDice easy enough to add a bar for other abilities (namely, Hunger for Blood)? I am using NeedToKnow right now but I would rather have something that ticks in tenths of a second.

#14 Fulnir

Fulnir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

Now that you've moved your addons to curseforge, will they be updatable with the curse client? And yeah, waiting for Evl_nameplates as well. It's my favourite nameplate modifier.

EDIT: They're already there, just needed to update my list. Any chance to be able to update them one by one instead of the full package?

#15 Guest_Geckothan_*

Guest_Geckothan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Making evl_NamePlates work with 3.0 is pretty simple. Replace this line
overlayRegion, _, _, highlightRegion, nameTextRegion, levelTextRegion, bossIconRegion, raidIconRegion = frame:GetRegions()
with this
_, overlayRegion, _, _, highlightRegion, nameTextRegion, levelTextRegion, bossIconRegion, raidIconRegion = frame:GetRegions()
And this line
local overlayRegion = frame:GetRegions()
with this
local overlayRegion = select(2,frame:GetRegions())

They added a new region to nameplates to show aggro glow which happens to be before the overlay region. Personally what I did was name the region something like aggroRegion and use SetTexture(nil) on it, but anyway, if you do that, it should be working fine.

#16 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

I've fixed the nameplate bug, thanks for the report.

As for Hunger for Blood all you need to do is add this to the bottom of the evl_SliceDice.lua (I don't do GUI's sorry):

local hungerDuration = function() return 30 end
local hungerBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("player", "Hunger for Blood", hungerDuration)
hungerBar:SetStatusBarTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\evl_SliceDice\\media\\HalV")
hungerBar:SetStatusBarColor(1, 0, 0)
hungerBar:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", ruptureBar, "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, -1)
hungerBar:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", evl_SliceDice, "BOTTOMRIGHT")
hungerBar.label:Hide()

While I realize I haven't exactly went out of my way to make the layout of the bars intuitive and nice I'll get around to let it be a bit more customizable; but if you want bars all over your screen with labels and timers ticking away you're much better off using ClassTimers or similar, this mod is meant to be minimal

#17 zork

zork

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

Does anyone know how the threat glow texture is called?

http://zorktdmog.zo....2308_234219.jpg

*edit* Fixed it:

http://zorktdmog.zo....2408_001444.jpg
http://zorktdmog.zo....2408_001522.jpg
| Simple is beautiful.
| Blog | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | Guild | zorker.de

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

#18 Kreoss

Kreoss

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

evl, can you tell me if it's possible to move the Combo Points addon?

#19 Facktotum

Facktotum

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

evl, can you tell me if it's possible to move the Combo Points addon?

You need to edit evl_Combo.lua so you can move it around.

Edit this line
evl_Combo:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, 100)

Where 0=x axis 100=y axis. So basically if you want to move it up and down just edit the y axis and left to right for x axis.

#20 Kreoss

Kreoss

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:00 AM

Ok thank you. I looked everywhere for a command I now understand they are all addons to edit via Lua. :)

I was thinking of using evl_combos because Pitbull doesn't display Combo Points well now. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users